General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

Another shooting in Tennessee. I think the US is going for an all time shooting record. How sad is this?

Everyday Uvalde is burying another child. I can't imagine the pain this whole town is going through and will continue to go through.

Today's paper said Abbott's chance for Gov again might be compromised since there have been many Texas shootings and killings since he's been Gov. He will blame the shootings on everything not to reform the gun laws. What a piece of shit he truly is.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

If you don't like something, move on. This shit has to stop.

Unfortunately people that like to target minority groups of any kind and shallow simple minded people who thinks the world revolves around themselves. They're not capable of simply moving on

3 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

So seems that monkey pox is getting a new name because monkey pox is stigmatising and discriminatory. I mean can we get a fucking grip. 

Is it from a monkey? Who cares? I doubt the monkeys give a shit as long as humans don't hunt and kill them.

So much shit is getting way out of hand.

Now that school's out for summer, the shootings seem to be in Churchs now.  People were shot and killed in an Alabama church. It was a 71 year old man who had the gun and killed some people.

I doubt whatever anyone does, it's going to slow this shit down. 

So most politicians want to arm teachers and have one door access in schools but what about other places like supermarkets and churches?  I know there were some churches in Brooklyn that were closed except for mass because some morons would go into the church and fuck shit up and steal things.  

The schools here in Garland only have one access door and you have to ring the bell to announce yourself, but I'm sure if someone had a gun that one door wouldn't stop them.

12 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

Thinking of all the British posters who use trains and the underground normally. From seeing what train companies are involved in it, you’ll be lucky to even escape. Although those who use the southern region might not see any difference from I can gather. 

Don't know about trains but driving out of London this morning and back this evening was quite an ordeal. 

Texas temps will be around 104 today.  Horrible. A cool front, lol, is coming for Monday it'll be in the lower 90's. I have to laugh at what Texans think a cool front is!  I really hate the long hot summers here in Texas. Once my daughter is 18 we're out of here!

Too hot and too many laws that take away our rights for many things that we should be able to decide for ourselves.

These dumb rules show how southern states are sill so far behind in their thinking.

Our band had to cancel a show for the first time today. Yeah, doesn't sound too dramatic, but it's a big kick in the nuts. Since last winter we knew this summer would be dry in terms of touring, so it's been slim pickings when it comes to getting gigs currently. Losing one show makes it so much worse, haha. This would've also been our biggest gig since before the pandemic, if I'm not mistaken. Just another hemorroidic pain in the ass in the life of an ''aspiring'' musician. :lol: 

This was a festival, so we got an offer to postpone it to next year, which softened the blow. Still, it sucks ass. I really miss playing hot summer festival gigs. 

I also just realized this means we just lost a bunch of money due to us having to cancel. Shit. We're recording a new EP currently, which really isn't cheap when you start thinking about vinyl and copyright. Son of a bitch.

• Sad 1

Summer is just here and already there have been many shark attacks.

people are being warned to look out for sharks, but honestly, it's their world and most sharks attack under the water, so good luck with that.

The 17year old girl that was just attacked in Florida was lucky, but the swimmers were warned there were sharks in the waters. She told reporters that the shark bit her and then came around and bit her again. She was puzzled by this because she thought sharks attack once and go away and alligators only do that. lol I was like, no, she was bitten and there was blood and sharks go into a frenzy when there is blood and probably the shark was hungry and wanted more to eat.

as for gators and crocs most get ahold of you and drag in down in the water and do their death roll and that's about it.

Honestly, you never know what an animal will do.  Some animals look nice and calm when you see them in the zoo but if you go into their habitat that's when they might attack you.

I've seen to many shows on sharks and even so called experts never know what a shark especially a great white might do?

It's nature and if you're in their home, good luck. You have to respect their home.

On 6/27/2022 at 9:23 PM, kruelty said:

Our band had to cancel a show for the first time today. Yeah, doesn't sound too dramatic, but it's a big kick in the nuts. Since last winter we knew this summer would be dry in terms of touring, so it's been slim pickings when it comes to getting gigs currently. Losing one show makes it so much worse, haha. This would've also been our biggest gig since before the pandemic, if I'm not mistaken. Just another hemorroidic pain in the ass in the life of an ''aspiring'' musician. :lol: 

This was a festival, so we got an offer to postpone it to next year, which softened the blow. Still, it sucks ass. I really miss playing hot summer festival gigs. 

I also just realized this means we just lost a bunch of money due to us having to cancel. Shit. We're recording a new EP currently, which really isn't cheap when you start thinking about vinyl and copyright. Son of a bitch.

Sorry about that. Yeah, it sucks and it does cost money and it hurts when a band can't perform.

Poison has to cancel some gigs because Bret is ill and I'm sure they're losing money too.

Shit happens and it sucks. Hope you and your band get to play again soon. My brother is in different bands and i know how important it is to play and get seen.

Good luck to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1