General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

salman rushdie is stabbed, for his opinion.

he didn't harm a soul, his only "crime" was speaking his mind

no wonder the west turned woke. it's out of fear of saying something that might upset extremist minorities

woke started as a reaction to the terrorist attacks to begin with

Edited by action

Will the FBI really find evidence against Trump or is this another waste of time? So sick of the government trying to get Trump and coming up with nothing even when he's on video and tape? What a bunch of morons.

And I heard that in September the Congress will again have those trials regarding January 6. What is taking so damn long? It's all on video. Damn most of the country and the world saw what happened and heard Trump's speech. The least he did was inciting a riot. Arrest him for that and hope he dies in jail. So tired of his shit.

42 minutes ago, action said:

salman rushdie is stabbed, for his opinion.

he didn't harm a soul, his only "crime" was speaking his mind

no wonder the west turned woke. it's out of fear of saying something that might upset extremist minorities

woke started as a reaction to the terrorist attacks to begin with

Well, I don't understand if what you say can get you arrested or attacked, why is Trump still free? Unreal. So sick of all this shit.

We have the so called "freedom of speech" yet each day it gets less and less real.

The Misfits with Danzig are coming to Dallas for Halloween. I heard that Alice Cooper is opening for them. How cool is this? I also know that Kane Roberts, who placed guitar for Alice in the 80's, is back with Alice.

Not a fan of the MIsfits, but would love to see Alice with Kane.  The show is a Saturday night, so I'm debating on it. The only down side is the concert is in an outdoor venue and that sucks. it's still hot in Dallas in October.

On 8/13/2022 at 4:01 AM, Oldest Goat said:

Terrible. Hopefully he recovers but at his age it'll probably take years off his life even if he survives. Rushdie seems like a good guy and even if he wasn't, it's a book get over it ffs. The 24yrld deranged primitive is an absolute cunt and a coward.

Btw any of you obsessive weirdos on here ever try stabbing me, I'll cave your heads in lol.

How about we try to not stab each other, I know that somehow this must be a novel idea. We can of course always choose to communicate. I am not attacking you Oldest Goat.

11 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

By the way, I had two little boys in July. They're called Oliver and Henry.

_20220809_192007.JPG

11 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

By the way, I had two little boys in July. They're called Oliver and Henry.

_20220809_192007.JPG

Awww! Congrats to you and you husband!:)

• Thanks 1

a non-exhaustive list of reasons to hate wokists:

- a tendency to be in favor of censor

- a tendency to long for more government control, to facilitate this censor

- they usually call for people to be fired, or worse, when they formulate opinions which "they" find offensive

- intolerance is their game

- terrible taste in the vast scope of culture, and being out of their minds with anger when everyone else does not share their tastes, mocking those people as bigots, racists, and homophobes

- they advocate diversity, but these people are some of the most vocal attackers of different opinions than theirs

- their solutions to imaginary problems are ridiculous and totalitarian, ranging from altering our language, determining which movies / books music we can consume, at what age children should be pushed into a certain sexual identity, and generally have a fundamental disdain for spontaneous, natural tendencies from more normal people than them

Edited by action

@actionWhat you've described is a characature of a minority of vocal socially left-wing people. Ten years ago conservatives were calling it political correctness. The conservative media use this kind of divisive language to demonise people and to create a scapegoat for government or societal failures. Literally not one 'wokist' is after you nor your kids. A bit like how not one teenage single mum, Irish immigrant, Muslim or family crossing the Channel in a dinghy was ever a threat to the wellbeing of anyone else. 

Use your passion for the issues you want changing. 

I will concede that you do have some valid points regarding diversity of thought, however political activists aren't interested in hearing a perspective which doesn't further their agenda. This isn't 'normal' - the majority of intelligent people will consider areas of conflict and be happy to listen to any person who better informs them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

@actionWhat you've described is a characature of a minority of vocal socially left-wing people. Ten years ago conservatives were calling it political correctness. The conservative media use this kind of divisive language to demonise people and to create a scapegoat for government or societal failures. Literally not one 'wokist' is after you nor your kids. A bit like how not one teenage single mum, Irish immigrant, Muslim or family crossing the Channel in a dinghy was ever a threat to the wellbeing of anyone else. 

Use your passion for the issues you want changing. 

I will concede that you do have some valid points regarding diversity of thought, however political activists aren't interested in hearing a perspective which doesn't further their agenda. This isn't 'normal' - the majority of intelligent people will consider areas of conflict and be happy to listen to any person who better informs them. 

interesting take, and I agree, that the wokists of today, stem from "political correctness" of 10 years ago.

the difference between now and then, is that it now has taken the form of a "movement".

when ideology becomes a movement, and when this ideology has totalitarian elements seeded within it, it is reason for concern.

it's like with antisemetism.

Antisemetism exists for as long as there exist jews. This was an ideology. But, this ideology became a movement when the nazis took power.

A movement, is a structured, organised group of people all working under the umbrella of the same ideology, determined to adapt reality to their ideas / ideology.

Wokism today, arguably, has taken the form of a movement, on a worldwide scale. it wants to adapt reality to their ideas. It is not satisfied with communicating an idea, it actively puts pressure on companies / entertainment industry / media / government to censor or fire people..... and these entities comply with their demands. this is the frightening part.

So even when we would agree that this is a minority, a vocal one, then still it has a massive influence on society as a whole, from the very individual level to the top structures of society

As of today, all abortions are illegal in Texas and anyone performing one can be arrested for a felony.

This is a state where no sex education is taught. I feel it's a parents's job to teach sex education, but since Texas has a very high rate of teen pregnant, they are doing their job.

So now without abortions, I don't agree to use this as birth control, there will be many unwanted babies being born.

even if sex education isn't taught the least parents can do is teach birth control. There are many out there to use and free. There is no need to get pregnant unless you are raped or a victim of incest.  

It is 2022 and I still don't understand why women get pregnant if they don't want to.  

Taking away a women's right to choose isn't the way to go.

Abbott wants to protect unborn babies, yet 19 real babies were murdered by an AR15 months ago and it seems he's forgotten all about this event. Uvalde are still fighting for the police chef to be fired along with the other cowardly copes who let that killer murder innocent babies as well as their brave teachers who tried to protect them. 

If this man is voted in as Governor again, there is no hope for the people of Texas.

14 hours ago, action said:

interesting take, and I agree, that the wokists of today, stem from "political correctness" of 10 years ago.

the difference between now and then, is that it now has taken the form of a "movement".

when ideology becomes a movement, and when this ideology has totalitarian elements seeded within it, it is reason for concern.

it's like with antisemetism.

Antisemetism exists for as long as there exist jews. This was an ideology. But, this ideology became a movement when the nazis took power.

A movement, is a structured, organised group of people all working under the umbrella of the same ideology, determined to adapt reality to their ideas / ideology.

Wokism today, arguably, has taken the form of a movement, on a worldwide scale. it wants to adapt reality to their ideas. It is not satisfied with communicating an idea, it actively puts pressure on companies / entertainment industry / media / government to censor or fire people..... and these entities comply with their demands. this is the frightening part.

So even when we would agree that this is a minority, a vocal one, then still it has a massive influence on society as a whole, from the very individual level to the top structures of society

Youve defined a wokist in quite a lot of detail and I can't say I've ever met one in my life. What would be the exact opposite of a Wokist in your opinion?

8 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Youve defined a wokist in quite a lot of detail and I can't say I've ever met one in my life. What would be the exact opposite of a Wokist in your opinion?

that's the problem of all definitions.

plato had already noted this in the 4th century BC.

for example, if you try to make a detailed definition of a chair, most chairs will not look like this abstract idea.

Plato argued, there must be an "ideal" chair, and a definition should approach that ideal state as close as possible.

The more a definition can be used to identify any chair, the better it is.

This necessitates a lot of detail. You can not suffice with "4 legs, 2 arms, made of wood".

the ideal chair does not exist on earth, it only exists in god's mind, but the definition should be based on it.

so you're right, few wokists will hit all of the boxes. But all of the boxes can be applied to describe a wokist.

as for the exact opposite of a wokist, we would need to make another definition, of an abstract being that stands for the contrary of all of those points. Someone:

- who is tolerant to all opinions, even if they are not their own, and who will defend their right to do so

- who does not ask for other minded people to be socially excluded, and erased from the public view

- who claim that a person who has made a different opinion, can keep their jobs

- who lead a life based on classic values, and reckognise that there is good value in there

- who, however, does not necessarily wants "all" of society to lead the same classic values in their lives

15 hours ago, action said:

that's the problem of all definitions.

plato had already noted this in the 4th century BC.

for example, if you try to make a detailed definition of a chair, most chairs will not look like this abstract idea.

Plato argued, there must be an "ideal" chair, and a definition should approach that ideal state as close as possible.

The more a definition can be used to identify any chair, the better it is.

This necessitates a lot of detail. You can not suffice with "4 legs, 2 arms, made of wood".

the ideal chair does not exist on earth, it only exists in god's mind, but the definition should be based on it.

so you're right, few wokists will hit all of the boxes. But all of the boxes can be applied to describe a wokist.

as for the exact opposite of a wokist, we would need to make another definition, of an abstract being that stands for the contrary of all of those points. Someone:

- who is tolerant to all opinions, even if they are not their own, and who will defend their right to do so

- who does not ask for other minded people to be socially excluded, and erased from the public view

- who claim that a person who has made a different opinion, can keep their jobs

- who lead a life based on classic values, and reckognise that there is good value in there

- who, however, does not necessarily wants "all" of society to lead the same classic values in their lives

I didn't ask whether I was right. I think what you've done is gotten confused by the concept of somebody asking a question without giving an opinion.