General Chat / Random Musings - 2021

downzy

On 7/3/2022 at 8:46 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

there was blood and sharks go into a frenzy when there is blood and probably the shark was hungry and wanted more to eat.

Just wait till those sharknados infected with Covid will be coming to Texas : )

• Haha 1

Well, monkey pox has come to Dallas. A man went to a bath house, lol and had sex with tons of people and has spread the pox all over town. What a moron! It's just like HIV. You tell humans what you can do to avoid it and still they don't use their big brain instead of the little brains. lol

On 7/5/2022 at 12:36 PM, EvanG said:

Just wait till those sharknados infected with Covid will be coming to Texas : )

Well, since humans have spread covid to other animals, I wouldn't be surprised it humans do spread the virus to a shark if they have it and a shark bites them.

Seems like sharks are very aggressive lately. Tons of attacks seem to be happening all over the world.

And honestly, since covid is still alive and well and still infecting and killing people, I don't think it's a nice thing to joke about it.

43 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

And honestly, since covid is still alive and well and still infecting and killing people, I don't think it's a nice thing to joke about it.

I wasn't joking about Covid, though, but about sharknados, but I suppose they're nothing to joke about either. My bad.

Sharknado 3: Oh hell no! | TrosKompas

Edited by EvanG
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

You’re obsessed with science!

I'm obsessed with empathy, as opposed to the cold materialism of science

the world, and we who live in it, are not machines. We have feelings. Scientists lack the empathic skills to take in account our feelings, when taking up their expert roles.

When you look around, it's easy to see how all the sorrow in the world is caused by a lack of empathy. Science is the main cause for a lack of empathy. Everything is described with statistics and generalities, losing track of the individual in the process.

14 minutes ago, action said:

I'm obsessed with empathy, as opposed to the cold materialism of science

the world, and we who live in it, are not machines. We have feelings. Scientists lack the empathic skills to take in account our feelings, when taking up their expert roles.

When you look around, it's easy to see how all the sorrow in the world is caused by a lack of empathy. Science is the main cause for a lack of empathy. Everything is described with statistics and generalities, losing track of the individual in the process.

You’re starting to sound more and more like Ted Kaczynski.

Went to see WWE smackdown last night. Very cool to see Roman Reigns in person. Exciting show. The arena was very nice but getting out of the parking lot was a real bitch!

I hate just sitting in my car for awhile. Some people just can't drive for shit.

It's over 100 + degrees here in Texas and coming out of the arena was no cooler than when we went in. Only difference was the sun was down. lol Otherwise it's like being in hell.

• Like 1

So… Sir Mo Farah an Olympic gold medalist and by the fact he’s a sir, the British seems to like him, eh isn’t who we all believed him to be. His name isn't mo farah for a start and he was trafficked to the UK as a child. So who had that in their daily “well that’s news to me….” Sweep stakes ?

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

So… Sir Mo Farah an Olympic gold medalist and by the fact he’s a sir, the British seems to like him, eh isn’t who we all believed him to be. His name isn't mo farah for a start and he was trafficked to the UK as a child. So who had that in their daily “well that’s news to me….” Sweep stakes ?

Priti Patel will have him booked onto the next flight to Rwanda :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Got some great news today. Jr. got a place at a brilliant new school so the wife and I are both very happy. Was a bit worried we might struggle to get her into a decent place but seems it's all worked out nicely. 

We had the same problem. My son finally got accepted at a very nice school. We even had an interview with the school principal. It’s a catholic school (like almost all private school in France) so I was worried they wouldn’t accept my son as we ´re not church goer. 😅

So…I’m happy for you. 

• Like 3