SMKC's New Single - The River Is Rising.

Free Bird

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUn7DJHlnoe/?utm_medium=copy_link

That's the teaser to the upcoming single. 

Title of this threat can be updated when we get informed about the name of this.

Hopefully they release it this Friday. 

From the teaser, part of the intro sounds like Garden Of Eden... 

"It's a critical solution, and the East coast got the blues..." :lol:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Better audio: https://www.facebook.com/Slash/videos/579763953361388/

Video from the set (few months back):

E2h91Z4XIAEIh34?format=jpg&name=medium

E2h91LvX0AEjKxJ?format=jpg&name=large

They have the setlist there, as we talked about it before, it was a proper gig that was surely recorded in full to be released somehow. 

Setlist: 

The Rock is rising ?
Time Will tell
C'est la vie
The Pain ... ?
Actions speak Louder
Spirit Love
Fill My World
April's Fool
?
Fall Back To Earth
-------------------
Driving Rain
You're A Lie
World On Fire
Anastasia

And we can't forget it's Gibson Record's maiden album, I'm sure the whole package will be great, from cover art to limited editions and everything you can imagine.

I'm hoping it's a livestream set like what Tremonti had available a couple weeks ago for his release. Looking forward to hearing all those new songs.

1 hour ago, Gdhehdh906zgdheheh said:

Terry Car on 105.5 dha said today that the new single will be out in a week!

As in a week from today? I would think they would stick to Friday. I guess we'll know soon.

Not to be annoying but do we really need another thread about the new release? There's already 2; maybe they can be merged into one big thread?

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'm hoping it's a livestream set like what Tremonti had available a couple weeks ago for his release. Looking forward to hearing all those new songs.

As in a week from today? I would think they would stick to Friday. I guess we'll know soon.

Not to be annoying but do we really need another thread about the new release? There's already 2; maybe they can be merged into one big thread?

I thought a own topic for the lead single would be a good idea but I forgot there's a second album thread.

I don't mind if we use one big thread for eveything related to this new record or if we seperate a few topics...

20 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I thought a own topic for the lead single would be a good idea but I forgot there's a second album thread.

I don't mind if we use one big thread for eveything related to this new record or if we seperate a few topics...

I think it would be better to have everything in one thread.

Also can this section be moved to D&N again?

8 hours ago, skik08 said:

I been doing a little bit of research and I don't think he actually has said that before? I could be wrong of course. A lot of sites are advertising that he's saying this about the new album too which is getting me really hyped!

He may have not said this exact wording but he always promotes his stuff like this... that was the best chemistry we had in studio since AFD, it would have been the best Guns record we've ever made, the songwritingvwas much tighter than on the last record and so on...

I'm not saying it isn't pissible that the new record is their best, but I wouldn't rely on somebody who wants to promote his new record.

Aside from that, he's an artist. Of course he's positive about everything new he wrote.

Edited by Free Bird

I understand what you're saying. Of course he has to be super positive to promote. But he's not saying "this album has our best chemistry since whenever" or "the songwriting is much tighter" or even Saying things like it's the most technical or best produced etc etc. He's gone all out and said it's the best record that he's made with SMKC. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skik08 said:

I understand what you're saying. Of course he has to be super positive to promote. But he's not saying "this album has our best chemistry since whenever" or "the songwriting is much tighter" or even Saying things like it's the most technical or best produced etc etc. He's gone all out and said it's the best record that he's made with SMKC. 

Yeah, and maybe it's his honest opinion. Hell, maybe we think so as well when we hear it :lol:.

But high expectations can cause big dissapointments.

I'm looking forward to it as well but I know what to expect.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Free Bird said:

.. that was the best chemistry we had in studio since AFD, it would have been the best Guns record we've ever made, 

where are  these  songs...that is what i want to know....i am sure they are better then Absurd...maybe  they will  use some for new GNR record?  
"do it for the kids"  is one of songs from this session? 

22 minutes ago, smakci said:

where are  these  songs...that is what i want to know....i am sure they are better then Absurd...maybe  they will  use some for new GNR record?  
"do it for the kids"  is one of songs from this session? 

No idea. Probably already used by Izzy. Probably not.

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

No idea. Probably already used by Izzy. Probably not.

fuck me...i was 100% sure that there  is one song on Contrabend that Izzy co-wrote and i thought it was do it for the kids...i am old...my memory is not as good as it used to be i guess :D 

15 minutes ago, smakci said:

fuck me...i was 100% sure that there  is one song on Contrabend that Izzy co-wrote and i thought it was do it for the kids...i am old...my memory is not as good as it used to be i guess :D 

no, you're correct, Do It For The Kids was co-written by Izzy afaik but he used a variation of the DIFTK riff in a song he released called "Bomb". Back when Slash made that "best Guns record we've ever made" comment, Axl didn't buy it and said it was just "VR propaganda" and Scott thought that some of the work the band did with Izzy sounded like Bad Company so I'm not sure what they managed to come up with. I'd like to hear it, but if it was so great, I don't get why a musician like Slash wouldn't just release it after VR was over.

the old shit with Slash that Axl praised is what interest me way more than the Izzy/VR sessions. I believe that it actually has a chance of making it to a Guns album. (what Axl thought could have been the modern version of Aerosmith's Rocks) Axl said that when Slash left he chose not to use any of it so maybe it's actually a great foundation for something worthy of a release and the reason it wasn't used had nothing to do with its quality.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, smakci said:

Yes. Like @Rovim said, Izzy released a song ("Bomb" in the Like A Dog album) with a riff similar to Do It For The Kids.

Another one that we know it was from those sessions is "Snafu" (also on Izzy's Like A Dog album).