SMKC's New Single - The River Is Rising.

Free Bird

Some media around the world start to announce Oct 22nd, so I can also confirm it's the correct date. Unfortunately SMKC won't visit Europe this year and (if nothing changes) even next year. According to some people I know, the single is indeed really, really good. And before you ask me on pm, no - I haven't listened to it yet :P 

E2XIJ71WEAYU0J7?format=jpg&name=large

AFAIK it will be the first song from that list.

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

Some media around the world start to announce Oct 22th, so I can also confirm it's the correct date. Unfortunately SMKC won't visit Europe this year and (if nothing changes) even next year. According to some people I know, the single is indeed really, really good. And before you ask me on pm, no - I haven't listened to it yet :P 

E2XIJ71WEAYU0J7?format=jpg&name=large

AFAIK it will be the first song from that list.

In a few days we'll know :)

Edited by Free Bird

37 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Because we wanna hear it before somebody leaks it in a few years.

Here I thought you might take the angle that in GNR all future releases must be a minimum of 15-20 years old while requiring extensive cutting and pasting to cobble together.

A true GNR fan in 2021 should know that Slash's approach of recording fresh ideas with the members of his current band has no place in today's music industry.

39 minutes ago, Naupis said:

Here I thought you might take the angle that in GNR all future releases must be a minimum of 15-20 years old while requiring extensive cutting and pasting to cobble together.

A true GNR fan in 2021 should know that Slash's approach of recording fresh ideas with the members of his current band has no place in today's music industry.

I don’t care for today's music industry as long as I get new music of my favorite artists

22 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Awesome.. Wasn't a fan of Living the Dream at all but hoping for a big rebound here!

Same. Living The Dream was good, but I think the deck was stacked against them with World On Fire beforehand. I still whole heartedly believe that album is Slash's best work since the Illusions album. I still come back to it often enough and it holds up to me. 

• Like 4

Just now, Gunner55 said:

Same. Living The Dream was good, but I think the deck was stacked against them with World On Fire beforehand. I still whole heartedly believe that album is Slash's best work since the Illusions album. I still come back to it often enough and it holds up to me. 

Meh, I preferred Living The Dream tbh. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Awesome.. Wasn't a fan of Living the Dream at all but hoping for a big rebound here!

Living the Dream was definitely the worst of the three but I thought it was still pretty good. Apocalyptic Love and World on Fire are hard to live up to. Both phenomenal albums. 

44 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

How many threads has Hard Skool? :lol:

I know but we have 3 pages of proper discussion here 

And I think there's no need for new thread prior to friday's release and official announcement of the new album (we'll get tracklist, some official photos, probably small US/Canada tour etc). You can just edit thread's title with 'The River Is Rising' and 'October 22nd' included. 

Edited by Ralphelmo