SMKC's New Single - The River Is Rising.

Free Bird

3 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

I know but we have 3 pages of proper discussion here 

And I think there's no need for new thread prior to friday's release and official announcement of the new album (we'll get tracklist, some official photos, probably small US/Canada tour etc).

I agree but I had to ask :lol:

You mean there might be a tour prior the record release?

For me it sounds lazy doing a studio album live. "Lets play it live and call it a day". Its fast and inexpensive and a way to get touring again.

We will see soon how it sounds. Maybe it will sound killer and full, maybe they added something afterwards like doubling backing vocals or something.

I hope the songs are good and breath live.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

For me it sounds lazy doing a studio album live. "Lets play it live and call it a day". Its fast and inexpensive and a way to get touring again.

We will see soon how it sounds. Maybe it will sound killer and full, maybe they added something afterwards like doubling backing vocals or something.

But....isn't it the same way apocalyptic love was recorded? I definitely remember something like they recorded the songs live or something. And imo that's such an outstanding album. It's Slash, he's never been lazy. He's always put his heart into everything he does.

Edited by skik08
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Slash is a genius- he found a way to release new music in this current age, somehow. He should introduce this idea to that other band he’s in.

GN'R has released two singles in the last few months. That's something. Of course, we all want so much more.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Oh come on, please. As you well know, it is much more productive and organic to record an album digitally, over multiple decades, in multiple different studios, with multiple different players all contributing multiple different parts, utilising multiple different vocal takes from the glorious year of 1999. That is how music should be made. 

Haha - I knew someone would say something like that! 

This is like an “Anti-whatever he hell other new music GNR may or may not have lined up. “ That’s not even meant as a knock or complement, just that it feels drastically different. Wonder if it’s a coincidence 🤔

Edited by sofine11

3 hours ago, skik08 said:

But....isn't it the same way apocalyptic love was recorded? I definitely remember something like they recorded the songs live or something. And imo that's such an outstanding album. It's Slash, he's never been lazy. He's always put his heart into everything he does.

They added some cool overdubs on the Apocalyptic Love record!

4 hours ago, Kelmi said:

If the songs are rehearsed and sounding tight, there’s nothing wrong with recording them live. 

I remember Slash saying in interviews in 2020 that he had the benefit of time to really work on songs with Covid lockdown. So don’t assume that just because it’s recorded live, that the songs are being thrown together on the spot.

• Like 2

• downzy changed the title to SMKC's New Single - The River Is Rising.
11 hours ago, skik08 said:

Yes, they recorded it like this on analog tapes. I never liked the mix, but it's way harder to record and produce an album this way.

to me , I believe  it will be about the same as their first records.  I won't really like the first single,  then it will grow on me but I will find 3 or 4 kick ass songs on the record. 
I believe it will be a classic rock record, nothing out of the ordinary like song "Ain't Life Grand"....

2 hours ago, smakci said:
to me , I believe  it will be about the same as their first records.  I won't really like the first single,  then it will grow on me but I will find 3 or 4 kick ass songs on the record. 
I believe it will be a classic rock record, nothing out of the ordinary like song "Ain't Life Grand"....

So, Aint Life Grand is ordinary?