New Slash interview (CNN)

26 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Cheers - some good stuff in there. Regardless of what else happens from here on in…..we got to see Slash and Axl share a stage and rock the hell out which seemed impossible. Anything now is a bonus and I’m fine with that.

I would be lying if I was saying I weren't dissapointed if they don't release a new record, though.

6 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I would be lying if I was saying I weren't dissapointed if they don't release a new record, though.

Agreed - I’m one of the saddos who firmly believes we will get new material/album anyways….just a matter of waiting……🤣

Just getting to see them in London 2017 in what was an awesome performance on a great weekend etc…brilliant memories.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Agreed - I’m one of the saddos who firmly believes we will get new material/album anyways….just a matter of waiting……🤣

Just getting to see them in London 2017 in what was an awesome performance on a great weekend etc…brilliant memories.

I was there too and I agree!

18 hours ago, Blackstar said:

He has said some things:

Slash: There was definitely some new ground to cover as to some of the catalysts who were causing… And a lot of it was not really between he and I — it had to do with outside parties that were part of the entourage, so to speak — and that explained a lot. But then there was different things between he and I that we needed to talk about because of how we handled those outside influences. So it was just good that we finally did talk, because, shit, man — it was 20 fucking years that we did not say one word to each other… You're talking about two of the stubbornest people you could ever come across.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3184-2018-10-12-talk-is-jericho-living-the-dream-with-slash-audio

Slash: We talked about everything, the reasons I left in 1996, the people who had put us against each other. It was good to realise that there weren’t problems anymore as complicated and huge as what the press was saying.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3702-2019-01-17-le-parisien-interview-with-slash

Slash: There was a lot of surreal stuff about the Guns thing. For me, the biggest thing was me and Axl sitting together and talking. And we were right back to us as normal friends. That was, in and of itself, a surreal moment and it was really cathartic and I felt really relieved. All that negative black s**t that had been collecting over years and years, being perpetuated.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3103-2018-08-14-forbes-interview-with-slash-slash

And still, there's still lots of problems with some newer "outside parties" that are "part of the entourage" .

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Blackstar said:

He has said some things:

Slash: There was definitely some new ground to cover as to some of the catalysts who were causing… And a lot of it was not really between he and I — it had to do with outside parties that were part of the entourage, so to speak — and that explained a lot. But then there was different things between he and I that we needed to talk about because of how we handled those outside influences. So it was just good that we finally did talk, because, shit, man — it was 20 fucking years that we did not say one word to each other… You're talking about two of the stubbornest people you could ever come across.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3184-2018-10-12-talk-is-jericho-living-the-dream-with-slash-audio

Slash: We talked about everything, the reasons I left in 1996, the people who had put us against each other. It was good to realise that there weren’t problems anymore as complicated and huge as what the press was saying.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3702-2019-01-17-le-parisien-interview-with-slash

Slash: There was a lot of surreal stuff about the Guns thing. For me, the biggest thing was me and Axl sitting together and talking. And we were right back to us as normal friends. That was, in and of itself, a surreal moment and it was really cathartic and I felt really relieved. All that negative black s**t that had been collecting over years and years, being perpetuated.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3103-2018-08-14-forbes-interview-with-slash-slash

Thank you. I feel like that alludes to enough to get a gist of things. I wonder if Axl had mellowed enough by then to allow a conversation to happen. Even though he left the band Slash always seemed willing to come back if Axl asked.

I think the 94-96 period was just too much and something Slash had to step out from. Still amazes me from Axl's end, there's an interview from 2009 that feels so scathing and final regarding the Axl/Slash relationship.

I feel like it thawed somewhat in the early 2010s on Axl's part. There's a video I saw on YouTube where Axl is telling a funny Slash story to some fans which I don't think he would do if he completely hated the guy.

Those quotes warm my heart and make me feel happy that it isn’t all about money and there is a friendship that will hopefully last between axl and slash after they’ve stopped touring. I’m sure we’ve all been there with our best/good friends from when we were younger and you’ve drifted away due to life happening, but when you do meet up again its like you’d seen each other just yesterday. I think we can all guess who the shitehawks who slash refers to as being a major part of the issues. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 8:48 PM, mystery said:

Thank you. I feel like that alludes to enough to get a gist of things. I wonder if Axl had mellowed enough by then to allow a conversation to happen. Even though he left the band Slash always seemed willing to come back if Axl asked.

I think the 94-96 period was just too much and something Slash had to step out from. Still amazes me from Axl's end, there's an interview from 2009 that feels so scathing and final regarding the Axl/Slash relationship.

I feel like it thawed somewhat in the early 2010s on Axl's part. There's a video I saw on YouTube where Axl is telling a funny Slash story to some fans which I don't think he would do if he completely hated the guy.

Was it the story sbout Slash passing out and pissing the bed? Then the chick went to Axl's room all freaked out.😄 Classic shit.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Was it the story sbout Slash passing out and pissing the bed? Then the chick went to Axl's room all freaked out.😄 Classic shit.

I think so. I think a lot of emotions faded with time so Axl in his 50's was more willing to mend relationships than an Axl in his 30's/40's. I'm also surprised the band performed with Steven Adler even on a very limited basis. There's probably not even animosity towards Izzy, whatever issues they have are likely financial.

• Like 2