Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

13 hours ago, Dazey said:

Don’t you fuckin’ start! Whenever I go on about my local Waitrose @DieselDaisy has a go at me and apparently Sainsbury’s isn’t good enough for the cunt either. :lol: I’m going to have to start doing all my shopping at Greggs and the local Chinky supermarket from now on to avoid criticism. :lol: 

I don't give a flying fuck personally, whatevers nearest'll do me. 

Veins are ice cold, headache, warm head, stomach discomfort ect. Ugh oh.

Hopefully it's nothing, since that could be anything. However if Atari bites the dust soon, I blame those of you that voted Tory!

STILL NEED MEH DENTIST BACK

Edited by AtariLegend

6 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Looks like I might have to make the call soon and cancel my flights to Thailand in August.

Surely this is the best time to go? Operation Yewtree should be shut down for at least another 6 months. You can nonce your way across south east Asia with impunity. :lol: 

Many more doctors are saying it looks good for a vaccine by fall/winter.

Hope they are correct.

Went to Walmart and Tom Thumb today. Everyone had masks on. Glad for this. 

Doctors are saying masks are helping with stopping the spread of the virus but you still need to be 6 feet apart too.

On 5/22/2020 at 3:39 PM, Ratam said:

Accord NYT Covid vaccine shows promising early results in China. They testing people from 18 to 60 years old.

Honesty I hope either the UK (Oxford) or the US gets the vaccine first. I don't trust China to give the rest of the world the vaccine as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Hope they are correct.

Doctors are saying masks are helping with stopping the spread of the virus but you still need to be 6 feet apart too.

Honesty I hope either the UK (Oxford) or the US gets the vaccine first. I don't trust China to give the rest of the world the vaccine as soon as possible.

All is confuse, until own scientists. Back few days heard an interview with an Argentinian scientist he is Harvard University teacher, then said that is possble a vaccine later 2020, but this vaccine will be first to medical personal.

After heard other Argentinian scientist that work in US too, he said that isn't possible knew when can have vaccine, now are more of 140 laboratory are work about it. 

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Hope they are correct.

Do you believe Trump will make it available to China as a priority?

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Vaccines are developed by companies, not countries, and they will want to sell their products globally. This is exactly like it is with any other medicine. So you don't have to worry about a vaccine not being available everywhere. As soon as it is manufactured in large enough quanta it will be sold to every country able to pay for it. The notion that a country like China would prevent a China-based vaccine company from selling vaccines overseas to the USA is conspiratorial -- that's like, say, the Orange Clown ordered US-based companies to not sell advanced electronical components to China in a stupid trade war...oh shit.... but still even China wouldn't do such an evil thing. There's a difference between medicines and mobile phones, right? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ratam said:

All is confuse, until own scientists. Back few days heard an interview with an Argentinian scientist he is Harvard University teacher, then said that is possble a vaccine later 2020, but this vaccine will be first to medical personal.

After heard other Argentinian scientist that work in US too, he said that isn't possible knew when can have vaccine, now are more of 140 laboratory are work about it. 

Of course, medical personal should get the vaccine first and then other first responders. That's the way it should be.

Just hoping it's a a friendly nation that gets the vaccine first.

What China is now doing to Hong Kong is terrible!  It seems not even a killer virus can stop the Chinese government from doing harm to their citizens who want freedom!

Stay well.

13 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Vaccines are developed by companies, not countries, and they will want to sell their products globally. This is exactly like it is with any other medicine. So you don't have to worry about a vaccine not being available everywhere. As soon as it is manufactured in large enough quanta it will be sold to every country able to pay for it. The notion that a country like China would prevent a China-based vaccine company from selling vaccines overseas to the USA is conspiratorial -- that's like, say, the Orange Clown ordered US-based companies to not sell advanced electronical components to China in a stupid trade war...oh shit.... but still even China wouldn't do such an evil thing. There's a difference between medicines and mobile phones, right? 

Well, I just hope a vaccine is available soon. Our medical people need it to stay well and take care of their patients. It's bad enough they weren't warned how deadly this virus was!

We've lost too many people as it is.

Let's hope things start to improve, but unless we all use our common sense, it won't happen for a long time.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Of course, medical personal should get the vaccine first and then other first responders. That's the way it should be.

Just hoping it's a a friendly nation that gets the vaccine first.

What China is now doing to Hong Kong is terrible!  It seems not even a killer virus can stop the Chinese government from doing harm to their citizens who want freedom!

Stay well.

China sold - one would have thought they would've donated PPE free of charge because of their moral culpability but nevermind - dodgy equipment to a multitude of countries including Spain, Turkey and Britain. Not sure I would want a Chinese vaccine then as it would probably cost a fortune and be deficient. 

3 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Covid 19 still has caused less deaths then the Flu or H1N1

Can you think of any potential reason why this may be?

I was listening to the radio a few weeks ago and some idiot woman was ranting about the lockdown. She literally said "Why are we locking down when only a few hundred thousand people have died? I mean look at the Spanish Flu! 40 million people died then and they didn't lock down!"

That's basically the core of your argument. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Can you think of any potential reason why this may be?

I was listening to the radio a few weeks ago and some idiot woman was ranting about the lockdown. She literally said "Why are we locking down when only a few hundred thousand people have died? I mean look at the Spanish Flu! 40 million people died then and they didn't lock down!"

That's basically the core of your argument. :lol: 

By your logic we should shut down the government and country every flu season. 

20 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

By your logic we should shut down the government and country every flu season. 

By your logic this virus is the same as the flu.

Edited by Dazey

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Not what I said. I said it killed less people then the flu. 

Because measures were taken to prevent it killing more. I mean you're basically arguing that the steps that were taken to reduce the number of deaths were invalid because they reduced the number of deaths.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Because measures were taken to prevent it killing more. I mean you're basically arguing that the steps that were taken to reduce the number of deaths were invalid because they reduced the number of deaths.

There is no vaccine for Covid 19 but there is a flu vaccine yet the flu kills more people than Covid.  Andrew Cuomo acknowledged 66% of those who had Corona virus were staying at home.  So puzzling!