Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

But I am not an expert. 

true, so stop acting arrogant, as if you know everything better, and stop calling people with different opinions 'morons'. 

it's way past the point of good taste, straight up.

you have been allowed to post this insult countless of times, but it would have perhaps benefited you if you were put in your place for doing so. Since you weren't ever stopped in your insults, but have on the contrary been encouraged to do so, you have been allowed to reach the level of arrogance you display, day after day. Don't mistake the free pass you received from the mods, as a gift. It is a poisoned gift, it allowed you to become who you are.

Each time I see your arrogance, I hope it will have been the last time and you'd come to your senses. It would fill me with peace and joy, to see the day where you'd offer an apology. That would truly be the end of corona. But until people like you continue in your arrogance, corona will never really be over. Because, rather than the virus itself, the real danger was entitled, misguided, ill informed and arrogant self proclaimed experts like yourself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, action said:

you have been allowed to post this insult countless of times, but it would have perhaps benefited you if you were put in your place for doing so. Since you weren't ever stopped in your insults, but have on the contrary been encouraged to do so, you have been allowed to reach the level of arrogance you display, day after day. Don't mistake the free pass you received from the mods, as a gift. It is a poisoned gift, it allowed you to become who you are.

Would you care to make a report?

8 hours ago, action said:

true, so stop acting arrogant, as if you know everything better, and stop calling people with different opinions 'morons'. 

Still going on about this? So what you were really talking about a few posts ago was me calling you out on your idiotic opinions and posts in this thread, and not "experts" calling "level headed" people stupid. 

8 hours ago, action said:

Each time I see your arrogance, I hope it will have been the last time and you'd come to your senses. It would fill me with peace and joy, to see the day where you'd offer an apology. That would truly be the end of corona. But until people like you continue in your arrogance, corona will never really be over. 

That's hilarious :lol:.

To be on topic, I believe there's no way we can end Covid, not more than we can end the cold or end the flu. The virus, SARS-CoV-2, has become ubiquitous, you find it everywhere, and it evolves too fast. It moves from human to human before killing, usually leaving the young and healthy without much sickness, instead killing the old and the weak. But similar to the flue and the cold, through acquired immunity (from past infections and inoculations) it will pose less and less of a danger to us, becoming similar to exactly the flu and the cold, going from killing 7 million during the pandemic to hopefully less than 300k globally/year.

This paper (We should not dismiss the possibility of eradicating COVID-19: comparisons with smallpox and polio | BMJ Global Health) discusses eradicability of Covid, and compares with smalllpox and polio. The authors identify the main challenges to eradicating Covid;

"The main challenges are probably around achieving high vaccination coverage and the potential need to update vaccine designs."

So in that sense, the reasons we will likely not see an end to Covid is human stupidity.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

This paper (We should not dismiss the possibility of eradicating COVID-19: comparisons with smallpox and polio | BMJ Global Health) discusses eradicability of Covid, and compares with smalllpox and polio. The authors identify the main challenges to eradicating Covid;

"The main challenges are probably around achieving high vaccination coverage and the potential need to update vaccine designs."

you can not eradicate covid, not even if every single person on earth was vaccinated, multiple times over

each time the vaccines are administered, the virus has mutated hundreds of times

the virus lives on in animals. Reportedly, that's where the virus came from in the first place. Are you going to capture and vaccinate all the wild animals too?

Go on putting all your money on the experts and science. But in your arrogance, you simply can not accept that other people don't share your opinion. Yet, in your limitless arrogance, you want to force your opinion on the whole population, since you are right and everyone else is stupid.

It's people like you that are the real virus. If only, there was a vaccine for people like you

41 minutes ago, action said:

you can not eradicate covid, not even if every single person on earth was vaccinated, multiple times over

The authors of the scientific publication "We should not dismiss the possibility of eradicating COVID-19" includes Nick Wilson (Professor in Infectious disease epidemiology and control), Osman Monsoor (doctorate in science), Amanda Kvalsvig (Research Associate Professor and expert on clinical paediatrics and epidemiology).

What are your credentials to disagree with these experts apart from being this forum's equivalent of the village moron?

48 minutes ago, action said:

each time the vaccines are administered, the virus has mutated hundreds of times

The authors recognized mutation rate as one of the problems with eradicating Covid-19. But that doesn't make it impossible, it just makes it harder. You probably haven't heard of multi-epitope vaccines before, but now you have and now you can Google it. 

50 minutes ago, action said:

the virus lives on in animals. Reportedly, that's where the virus came from in the first place. Are you going to capture and vaccinate all the wild animals too?

It wouldn't be required if we were immune to the virus, now would it? :lol:

On 7/17/2023 at 7:04 AM, SoulMonster said:

Can you give an example of this actually having happened? 

I feel bad for the kids who suffered during the lockdowns i.e not going to school to be around their friends to socialize etc. Especially certain age groups who benefit from that peer social interaction. But I also know teens who suffered too. My niece struggled. Doing work from home or school from home isn't for everybody and some think it's for them but then find out its a hard nope!

I don't have concrete articles etc myself, but it's obvious from parents and the kids who went through it that it affected them.

I dunno just adding that thought to the mix

39 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I feel bad for the kids who suffered during the lockdowns i.e not going to school to be around their friends to socialize etc. Especially certain age groups who benefit from that peer social interaction. But I also know teens who suffered too. My niece struggled. Doing work from home or school from home isn't for everybody and some think it's for them but then find out its a hard nope!

I don't have concrete articles etc myself, but it's obvious from parents and the kids who went through it that it affected them.

I dunno just adding that thought to the mix

Yeah, except for those dying, the kids and youth suffered the most. 

On 7/18/2023 at 9:30 AM, SoulMonster said:

It wouldn't be required if we were immune to the virus, now would it? :lol:

we already are immune.

you're mixing up two things here; you really are losing track of your own ramblings.

there are two possible "goals" to reach:

1. eradicating the virus itself

2. reaching immunity to the virus

the article you posted, and which I find nonsense, it talking about point number 1 ("the possibilities of eradicating the virus"). You know what eradicating means, yes?

As for immunity, by this point, arguably, the vast majority of the population has earned some form of immunity against corona. You see this, in the casualty numbers.

what, you still want everyone jabbed? go fuck yourself, lol.

6 hours ago, action said:

we already are immune.

you're mixing up two things here; you really are losing track of your own ramblings.

there are two possible "goals" to reach:

1. eradicating the virus itself

2. reaching immunity to the virus

the article you posted, and which I find nonsense, it talking about point number 1 ("the possibilities of eradicating the virus"). You know what eradicating means, yes?

As for immunity, by this point, arguably, the vast majority of the population has earned some form of immunity against corona. You see this, in the casualty numbers.

what, you still want everyone jabbed? go fuck yourself, lol.

You are confused. The authors are not talking about eradicating the virus, but eradicating the disease ;) And again, remind us of why anyone should bother to care about you disagreeing with the conclusions in a peer-reviewed article by established experts in epidemiology and virology? What do you bring to the table besides a lack of understanding and a lack of knowledge? 

And no, we aren't immune, we are immunized. The current vaccines don't cause immunity, only some tolerance. Funnily enough, you start off claiming we are immune, then later in your post admit we only have "some form of immunity". This lack of internal consistency in your posts are a great example of a mind confused and working beyond capacity.

Yes, of course I want everyone to get vaccinated. It reduces deaths and slows the spread. But more importantly, we need next-generation vaccines that actually make us immune. And then we need less idiots. 

Already they are posting about a triple threat this summer.

Covid and the Flu, but what's the third one? Damn it never ends.

My mom and dad got their shingles shot. One more to go. All these.

My daughter got two of her shots last week and the HPV too. God knows when she is sexually active what infections will be around.

And she's only 12 so no rude remarks please.

I want to keep my daughter safe and healthy her whole life.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You are confused. The authors are not talking about eradicating the virus, but eradicating the disease ;) And again, remind us of why anyone should bother to care about you disagreeing with the conclusions in a peer-reviewed article by established experts in epidemiology and virology? What do you bring to the table besides a lack of understanding and a lack of knowledge? 

And no, we aren't immune, we are immunized. The current vaccines don't cause immunity, only some tolerance. Funnily enough, you start off claiming we are immune, then later in your post admit we only have "some form of immunity". This lack of internal consistency in your posts are a great example of a mind confused and working beyond capacity.

Yes, of course I want everyone to get vaccinated. It reduces deaths and slows the spread. But more importantly, we need next-generation vaccines that actually make us immune. And then we need less idiots. 

So right!

Unfortunately Covid is not gone and since some people are still refusing to get their kids immunized from diseases that are gone, they may come back. Also we do get the shots for the flu, but the flu never goes away either. All we can do is protect ourselves with the vaccines and hope for the best.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Another variant has people getting sick and possibly hospitalized. Oh joy.

I asked my doctor about a new covid booster, but he said nothing has been set yet. I think we're going to need it.

I've noticed covid-like symptoms all over the place as well. Be safe!

• 2 weeks later...

There's been a covid outbreak in a school in San Antonio. They shut down the school. 

Here we go again.

Probably clean up the school and have the students wear masks again.

Hopefully when the new vaccine comes out in September/October many will get it to stay well.

I know my whole family it getting the shot along with the flu shot too.

On 8/14/2023 at 4:54 PM, Coma16 said:

I've noticed covid-like symptoms all over the place as well. Be safe!

Yeah, saw on world news a doctor said the new vaccine will come out in September/October. I will get both the covid booster and flu shot and hope for the best.

You stay safe too.

• Thanks 1

A few people at one of the offices of the company I work at got covid recently. Some of my extended family did too. It's making the rounds again.

One of my co-workers just got over it, she said she had it before, and it was significantly worse the second time. That was surprising to hear. 

Keep clean, wash those hands and keep them away from your face unless they are clean, and be careful what you touch. Something as simple as touching something contaminated then picking your nose and eating the boogie can get you sick. 

Keep ample supplies at home, that way if stuff gets rough, you will at least have stuff to hold you over. Extra, non perishable food, water, flash lights with batteries, candles, TP, backup power means when applicable/available, and extra ammunition for any firearms if applicable/available. 

When I had it over a year ago, I still worked but relaxed when not at work, didn't drink alcohol when sick, but was taking ibuprofen to handle the terrible sore throat I experienced for about ten days.

Covid is spreading like crazy again in the Texas schools. 

I hope the new booster comes out soon. I don't like having to worry about this shit yet again.

I knew this virus would be a bitch.

stay well guys.

On 9/1/2023 at 12:28 PM, ZoSoRose said:

I think this is just how it will be now. It’s another sickness that will always circulate. Luckily, we have lots of ways to fight it including vaccines and treatments 

Exactly. We have to take care of ourselves and those we love. 

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't gotten it and don't care at all about rona, anymore. Its good we have shit to fight it now so I don't have to.

It was good to be cautious and mindful in 2020-2021, but with meds, weaker strains, shots, etc., I truly think 99.9% of people are good now (knock on wood). My fiance has nutty friends that still won't leave their house, I think that is beyond rona and crossing into mental illness. Anyways, fuck corona.

Live yo life

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Still haven't gotten it and don't care at all about rona, anymore. Its good we have shit to fight it now so I don't have to.

It was good to be cautious and mindful in 2020-2021, but with meds, weaker strains, shots, etc., I truly think 99.9% of people are good now (knock on wood). My fiance has nutty friends that still won't leave their house, I think that is beyond rona and crossing into mental illness. Anyways, fuck corona.

Live yo life

People are dying because of this type of shell fish mindset. You are what's wrong with society.

/s

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, willl said:

I'm showing 5 out of 5 of the symptoms for the new covid variant :( I was in Scotland during the original pandemic and managed to avoid it completely. Only been in London 3 days and already I'm infected <_< 

Fuck man, sorry. Hope it passes asap! 

• Like 1