Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

16 minutes ago, action said:

and what am I?

One who is unable to distinguish crackpot theories form reality. 

7 minutes ago, action said:

I wonder, how does it feel, knowing all your bullshit theories these last two years, have been debunked one by one?

There is litterally not a single thing you told us, that was true.

All bullshit, it was :lol:

If it had been true I would probably not feel too good about it, but considering this is just something you say because you have something against me, I feel entirely fine.

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

One who is unable to distinguish crackpot theories form reality. 

If it had been true I would probably not feel too good about it, but considering this is just something you say because you have something against me, I feel entirely fine.

by all means, keep feeling fine you.

It's what I did, when you called me a moron each time I offered a counter argument to your theories which have since been proven wrong

you say, a broken clock is right once a day (that was one of your signature putdown lines). But:

masks did not prevent infection

vaccines did not prevent spreading of the virus

vaccines did not protect against hospitalisation (the virus had mutated long before the first jab was administered, which actually made people more likely to be sick when vaccinated)

lockdowns did not help

discriminating unvaccinated people did not help, it only caused hatred in society; hatred which you enabled and encouraged

congratulations; hope you're feeling fine!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, action said:

by all means, keep feeling fine you.

It's what I did, when you called me a moron each time I offered a counter argument to your theories which have since been proven wrong

you say, a broken clock is right once a day (that was one of your signature putdown lines). But:

masks did not prevent infection

vaccines did not prevent spreading of the virus

vaccines did not protect against hospitalisation (the virus had mutated long before the first jab was administered, which actually made people more likely to be sick when vaccinated)

lockdowns did not help

discriminating unvaccinated people did not help, it only caused hatred in society; hatred which you enabled and encouraged

congratulations; hope you're feeling fine!

Masks did reduce infection (Mask wearing in community settings reduces SARS-CoV-2 transmission | PNAS), vaccines did reduce the spread of the virus (COVID vaccines slash risk of spreading Omicron — and so does previous infection (nature.com)), vaccines did protect against hospitalization (The impact of vaccination on COVID-19 outbreaks in the United States - PMC (nih.gov)), lockdowns did reduce the spread of the pandemic (Impact of Social Distancing Measures on Coronavirus Disease Healthcare Demand, Central Texas, USA - PMC (nih.gov)), but yeah, discriminating antivaxxers did not help but fortunately there was not much of it nor did I ever say it would help. 

• Haha 1

covid has an extremely low mortality rate for people under 60:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.08.21260210V2

Ioannidis, John PA. "Infection fatality rate of covid-19 inferred from seroprevalence data, in Bulletin of the world health organisation vol. 99,I (2021): 19-33F

In 2008 already, the WHO, investigating a hypothetical virus with a higher mortality than corona, called lockdowns useless, ineffective, and causing harm to society:

original link, now removed: https://www.who.int/disease-control_emergencies/HSE_EPR_DCE_2008_3rweb.pdf 

scientists of the bloomberg school of public health saw no historical evidence that lockdowns have ever prevented spread of virus:

Inglesby et al., 'disease mitigation measures in the control of pandemic influenza, in biosecurity and bioterrorism: biodefense strategy, practise, and science (volume 4, number 4, 2006), see online https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.556.2672&rep=rep1&type=pdf

with quickly mutating viruses, as with corona, vaccines makes you more sick:

lee, wheatley, kent, dekosky, 'antibody - dependent enhancement and SARS-Cov-2 vaccines and therapies', in Nature microbiology, 2020 oct; 5 (10): 1185-1191; matteo gentili & nir hacohen, 'surprising effects of antibodies in severe covid', in nature (vol 591, 4 march 2021) 37-39

vaccinated people had a more severe reaction towards the delta variant, and were more at risk of becoming severely ill:

nouara yahi, henri chahinian, jacques fantini, infection-enhancing anti-sars-cov-2 antibodies recognise both the original wuhan / D614G strain and delta variants. a potential risk for mass vaccination?, in  journal of infection (2021)

vaccinated people can infect other people as easy as unvaccinated people:

'Vaccinated people (...) carry just as much virus in the nose and throat as unvaccinated people, and may spread it just as readily', said rochelle walensky, chief of the CDC, in the new york times (30th june 2021), see online: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/health/covid-cdc-delta-masks.html

Edited by action

17 minutes ago, action said:

covid has an extremely low mortality rate for people under 60:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.08.21260210V2

Ioannidis, John PA. "Infection fatality rate of covid-19 inferred from seroprevalence data, in Bulletin of the world health organisation vol. 99,I (2021): 19-33F

In 2008 already, the WHO, investigating a hypothetical virus with a higher mortality than corona, called lockdowns useless, ineffective, and causing harm to society:

original link, now removed: https://www.who.int/disease-control_emergencies/HSE_EPR_DCE_2008_3rweb.pdf 

scientists of the bloomberg school of public health saw no historical evidence that lockdowns have ever prevented spread of virus:

Inglesby et al., 'disease mitigation measures in the control of pandemic influenza, in biosecurity and bioterrorism: biodefense strategy, practise, and science (volume 4, number 4, 2006), see online https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.556.2672&rep=rep1&type=pdf

with quickly mutating viruses, as with corona, vaccines makes you more sick:

lee, wheatley, kent, dekosky, 'antibody - dependent enhancement and SARS-Cov-2 vaccines and therapies', in Nature microbiology, 2020 oct; 5 (10): 1185-1191; matteo gentili & nir hacohen, 'surprising effects of antibodies in severe covid', in nature (vol 591, 4 march 2021) 37-39

vaccinated people had a more severe reaction towards the delta variant, and were more at risk of becoming severely ill:

nouara yahi, henri chahinian, jacques fantini, infection-enhancing anti-sars-cov-2 antibodies recognise both the original wuhan / D614G strain and delta variants. a potential risk for mass vaccination?, in  journal of infection (2021)

vaccinated people can infect other people as easy as unvaccinated people:

'Vaccinated people (...) carry just as much virus in the nose and throat as unvaccinated people, and may spread it just as readily', said rochelle walensky, chief of the CDC, in the new york times (30th june 2021), see online: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/health/covid-cdc-delta-masks.html

This is a mishmash of sources or varying quality that more or less (mostly less) address the statements. Just take the first link which supposedly supports your claim that "covid has an extremely low mortality rate for people under 60", well, it doesn't really state that (the quote is "Very low IFRs were confirmed in the youngest populations") but you are not intelligent enough to understand this difference and even if it was correct, it is still not relevant to any of the statements you posted and which I addressed. Then you refer to a page from 2008 (so not related to Covid-19 at all) from WHO that doesn't exist and claim that it stated that "lockdowns [are] useless". What do you think this actually proves? A retracted page about a hypothetical virus (and the page might not even have existed in the first place, I would just have to take your word for it and I am loath to take your word for anything considering how prone you are to misunderstanding the simplest things) from 2008 is supposed to prove to you that lockdowns are useless? Really?  And then you follow up with an article from 2006 about the influenza virus. I don't know whether to laugh or just shake my head. You cannot compare different lockdown measures for a different epidemic. You have to actually look at the effect of the various lockdowns implemented for Covid-19 and see if they worked, and I posted a study on this in my previous post.

I could go on and on, but you are not worth my time. 

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

This is a mishmash of sources or varying quality that more or less (mostly less) address the statements. Just take the first link which supposedly supports your claim that "covid has an extremely low mortality rate for people under 60", well, it doesn't really state that (the quote is "Very low IFRs were confirmed in the youngest populations") but you are not intelligent enough to understand this difference and even if it was correct, it is still not relevant to any of the statements you posted and which I addressed. Then you refer to a page from 2008 (so not related to Covid-19 at all) from WHO that doesn't exist and claim that it stated that "lockdowns [are] useless". What do you think this actually proves? A retracted page about a hypothetical virus (and the page might not even have existed in the first place, I would just have to take your word for it and I am loath to take your word for anything considering how prone you are to misunderstanding the simplest things) from 2008 is supposed to prove to you that lockdowns are useless? Really?  And then you follow up with an article from 2006 about the influenza virus. I don't know whether to laugh or just shake my head. You cannot compare different lockdown measures for a different epidemic. You have to actually look at the effect of the various lockdowns implemented for Covid-19 and see if they worked, and I posted a study on this in my previous post.

I could go on and on, but you are not worth my time. 

if someone posts anything, that contradicts your BS theories, you either resort to ridiculing the character reporting on it; and if you notice this tactic is not sufficient because a peasant like me dares to quote neutral sources, you resort to ridiculing my supposed lack of reading capabilities.

either way, your tactics have always been the same, throughout the entirety of this crisis: ridiculing, putting down, shutting down any opposing view

one thing your got right though: I really, really have something against you. Your very presence on here, after all the BS and abuse you spouted on here, is offensive to me. So don't mistake the sources and videos I quoted, as aimed at you, which is what a narcissist like you would assume. You are more than welcome, to put me on ignore.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, action said:

if someone posts anything, that contradicts your BS theories, you either resort to ridiculing the character reporting on it; and if you notice this tactic is not sufficient because a peasant like me dares to quote neutral sources, you resort to ridiculing my supposed lack of reading capabilities.

either way, your tactics have always been the same, throughout the entirety of this crisis: ridiculing, putting down, shutting down any opposing view

one thing your got right though: I really, really have something against you. Your very presence on here, after all the BS and abuse you spouted on here, is offensive to me. So don't mistake the sources and videos I quoted, as aimed at you, which is what a narcissist like you would assume. You are more than welcome, to put me on ignore.

Well, I'm not interested in your neuroses and you are of course already on my ignore list. I only responded to you because you again posted nonsensical stupidity about Covid-19 which should be debunked.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Homefuck said:

It's over. Rejoice!

of course, it's summer

like any seasonal flu, it will come back when it gets colder.

coronaviruses are nothing new. they have existed for million of years and were first formally studied in 1968 when they were designated as a new family of viruses. Basically, it's a cold.

sars-cov-2 is neither a new phenomenon, neither particularly lethal, neither more contageous than a normal cold.

People die of the flu too, hospitals have been overpopulated for years now, and governments around the world have scaled back financial support for hospitals.

don't believe the corona lies

34 minutes ago, action said:

of course, it's summer

like any seasonal flu, it will come back when it gets colder.

coronaviruses are nothing new. they have existed for million of years and were first formally studied in 1968 when they were designated as a new family of viruses. Basically, it's a cold.

sars-cov-2 is neither a new phenomenon, neither particularly lethal, neither more contageous than a normal cold.

People die of the flu too, hospitals have been overpopulated for years now, and governments around the world have scaled back financial support for hospitals.

don't believe the corona lies

Just like the flu is not the cold, Covid-19 is also not the cold. Again, it is not the cold, neither from a phylogenetic or epidemiological perspective. 

And despite your best efforts to try to make the virus appear as something normal, the virus causing Covid-19, SARS-CoV-2  was a new thing and led to huge amounts of deaths worldwide. 

People die of the flu, people die of the cold, but the amount of people dying from Covid-19 was much higher. Fortunately, science was able to provide us with vaccines quickly which helped curb the deaths, lowered the lethality for everybody and prolonging the lives of the weakest.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 7:11 AM, SoulMonster said:

Just like the flu is not the cold, Covid-19 is also not the cold. Again, it is not the cold, neither from a phylogenetic or epidemiological perspective. 

What about from a dipshit perspective?

• Haha 1

So much violence these days. I really believe that covid has affected our brains too. A lot of people are thinking the same thing.

Since it turned out to be air born and we breath I bet it has some side effects to our brains.

It's been getting worse since covid started and now that's it's kind of slowed down, but not totally gone, I still know people who have gotten it recently, violence in our country and the world has gone off the rails.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 1:38 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

So much violence these days. I really believe that covid has affected our brains too. A lot of people are thinking the same thing.

Since it turned out to be air born and we breath I bet it has some side effects to our brains.

It's been getting worse since covid started and now that's it's kind of slowed down, but not totally gone, I still know people who have gotten it recently, violence in our country and the world has gone off the rails.

I honestly feel the lockdowns/shutdowns have severely affected some people mentally. I think the stress, the feeling of lack of control, the financial stress it brought a lot by losing jobs etc. I think the psychological side effects of all that has altered some of the population. It was a weird time no doubt.

19 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I honestly feel the lockdowns/shutdowns have severely affected some people mentally. I think the stress, the feeling of lack of control, the financial stress it brought a lot by losing jobs etc. I think the psychological side effects of all that has altered some of the population. It was a weird time no doubt.

yeah, you take away a daily routine from people, a process they are used to engage in like work and it's gonna fuck with a lot of them. There are a lot of thinks you just don't have time to think about during 8-12 hours of work everyday and that has many positive aspects to it. I've seen some of my friends really struggle with it.

the upside to that, I think, is that a lot of people all over the world had some time to spend with themselves and maybe that led them to realize that if they did some changes to their lives, that would improve it greatly like people taking away from the lockdown experience that they could work from home for example, and people that never really focused on other important aspects of their lives and negleted big problems cause they had somewhere to be everyday where they were needed. Sometimes big and positive changes are only possible or at least are partly a result of having no choice but to go through challenging and shit situations like Covid.

3 hours ago, Destiny said:

these effects were known well before the first lockdown, and have been documented in an official WHO document which has now been taken off their site

furthermore, level headed normal citizens were openly talking about these potential side effects, but they were called stupid by so called experts.

the lockdowns went through, the damage was done, and now, you don't hear a word from it anymore. the victims can fuck off and take care of themselves.

welcome in a dystopian expert-guided society, where real indidivual needs are discarded in favor of an illusionary collective benefit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Can you give an example of this actually having happened? 

Yes, I have a physical archival folder full of them.

covid jurisprudence, covid legislation, scientific papers, opiniated papers, countless of newspaper articles diabolizing those who put questions with the official political line, etc.

I have my covid diary

I also have you, as the living, enduring evidence of all that was and is wrong with society as a whole during corona

42 minutes ago, action said:

Yes, I have a physical archival folder full of them.

covid jurisprudence, covid legislation, scientific papers, opiniated papers, countless of newspaper articles diabolizing those who put questions with the official political line, etc.

I have my covid diary

I also have you, as the living, enduring evidence of all that was and is wrong with society as a whole during corona

And from all this, are you able to extract one example? 

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And from all this, are you able to extract one example? 

Don't act like many people who were against lockdowns (many for these exact reasons) didn't exist. People like you did your best effort to ridicule and discredit anyone who questioned the authorities and big pharma.

53 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Don't act like many people who were against lockdowns (many for these exact reasons) didn't exist. People like you did your best effort to ridicule and discredit anyone who questioned the authorities and big pharma.

But I am not an expert. 

• GNFNR 1

I don’t think future lockdowns/mask restrictions will be taken as seriously. There were a lot of unknowns, people were scared. Now, most of it has seemingly blown over and people are sick of the stay home, no parties, no bars, nonsense. 

I almost got the single JJ jab, glad I didn’t, as they don’t offer that one anymore. Never did get a shot. Didn’t feel it was worth the risk at my age and health. 

• Like 1