UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

1 hour ago, Moro said:

yes, both the double cd UYI and the Super Deluxe have bonus tracks from the Tokyo 92 show (I guess the same night as what was published on dvd back then, but it's not specified).

Here look for the shm-cd versions and you'll find the tracklists with the bonus songs.

https://store.universal-music.co.jp/artist/guns-n-roses

Good spot 👍

25 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

It’s November. They have a reissue to promote. There’s a new version of November Rain.

All this adds up to Axl NOT releasing it as a single/video.

You’re right. But then, it’s too long for a single, and the only plausible video that could top the original one would be a video where someone finally explains why the hell that mysterious guy jumped through that cake. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, quikspade said:

I’m not sure who needs help with what live tecordings are on what releases officially.

Hopefully these can help.ACD4420B-CAD2-4403-8964-089E0EDA0A70.jpeg.e3e2ecd2f72874f3ccda0047fb3064a3.jpeg464AA8BE-229A-4E78-9694-A700C1D8AA77.jpeg.aeefc1c1464422e774e64287422b419f.jpegA73CD7E4-C155-4BC9-968A-978EA690B9A0.jpeg.2f6dec6c489bdae8eb9bbf0b88317f56.jpegAC78BD64-D778-4820-ABD2-9E3AFF2A29A0.jpeg.7aa2fff14bb5f05e2a10a4fb06fed4db.jpegBB7B1001-0347-4E33-9AF4-B869172DF98C.jpeg.bf2623d00d79a92cdd5019c82c9a1e2e.jpeg37942A05-DE4C-4454-9459-9C80F114B9CD.jpeg.4370b66f406f15b5ecae41add4a26447.jpeg

That’s interesting. If we take YCBM from Live Era which is widely know to have different vocals….it’s gonna sound weird if the UYI Deluxe edition has original vocals?!

I really REALLY hope anything that was on Live Era is the original unbutchered ones.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

I really hope the Tokyo bonus tracks were remixed for this release.  The audio from the dvd/laserdisc was not great and I fear they just ported them over.

That would suck if they did that.  I’m hoping they have gone through them as YCBM and DTJ sound great.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

I really hope the Tokyo bonus tracks were remixed for this release.  The audio from the dvd/laserdisc was not great and I fear they just ported them over.

I hope so. I noted earlier that we are likely going to have a situation where we have versions of songs on Live Era and then on UYI SD with completely different vocals after all the vocal overdubs on Live Era?!?!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

I got all excited for bonus tracks just for them to be previously released stuff. Classic GNR.

Ahhhhhh - but it seems it’s a different mix…that’s a big deal in GNR land. Gotta look for those positives! 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

a pop-up store in Japan

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1268646233974712

the interessting thing is at 0:30. Is this Knockin' On Heaven's Door in Las Vegas?

It's from the Rose Bowl, Pasadena, Oct. 3, 1992. I recognized the Josh Richman rant.

This is not included in the tracklist of the Deluxe edition, is it?

Just now, UncleJosh said:

No it isnt. Unless I missed it. Does the recording you have sound like this? recognizing the rant aside? Seems weird to include a bootleg recording in an advert for an official pop up shop.

It's definitely from Rose Bowl. I just listened to the audience recording, which is in pretty good quality, although not as clean as this one.

Maybe it's not in the original ad, but the facebook video is fan-made and someone put a cleaned-up version of the bootleg recording over it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's from the Rose Bowl, Pasadena, Oct. 3, 1992. I recognized the Josh Richman rant.

This is not included in the tracklist of the Deluxe edition, is it?

You are absoluty right. What a memory. I just checked my Audio Bootleg Archiv and yep on the 05:35 mark, Axl makes a dedication about Josh Richman. Between Slash 2nd Solo and the first reggea part, It sounds 100% same.
The only thing i wonder, the quality of my audio bootleg is like C, but in the Facebook Link quality is like A

• Like 2

11 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

thank you... here is the tracklist

UYI I CD2
(...)
14. Live and Let Die (Live in Tokyo) Bonus track
15. Don't Cry (Live in Tokyo) Bonus track

UYI II CD2
(...)
14. Pretty Tide Up (Live in Tokyo) Bonus track
15. You Could Be Mine (Live in Tokyo) Bonus track

7th CD (the third Vegas CD, after Paradise City) in SDE
(...)

09. Live and Let Die (Live in Tokyo) Bonus track
10. Don't Cry (Live in Tokyo) Bonus track
11. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) / Civil War / Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Live in Tokyo) Bonus track
12. You Could Be Mine (Live in Tokyo) Bonus track

i wonder how the quality is. Tokyo DVD quality is dull compared to Vegas

Gosh darnit.  In addition to the large sum I'm spending on the US version, to spend the same amount again for 8 new tracks...

Darn - that's tough.