UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Apples and Oranges

Indeed, if I'm thinking of the same boxset that is being discussed. One was released in 2004-ish (in the middle of a certain trial) and another was released almost 20 years later during a massive (cash-grab) reunion tour.

Also definitely off topic but MJ's stingy ass estate has released more albums since he died than GnR has in the last 14 years...

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

This didn’t get discounted on vinyl like afd did. I’m tempted to bite for 350. That’s not bad for this set

I’m feeling the same way about the CD box - I said I wouldn’t buy it over $150, but it’s been at $160 for almost a year. At this point is $10 really worth the waiting game?

Just now, Powerage5 said:

I’m feeling the same way about the CD box - I said I wouldn’t buy it over $150, but it’s been at $160 for almost a year. At this point is $10 really worth the waiting game?

No :lol:

Any differences between the two aside from the format? same art and book?

On 12/15/2023 at 4:11 PM, jackparker123 said:

Saving my recently bought CD boxset until Christmas day. I'm going wrap it and everything and get that fn' Blu Ray playing Christmas evening! 

:axl92: :slash: :duff: 

Enjoy your Christmas! :hug:😀 On a side note, I wonder why Axl has TWO emojis on MYGNR. There is the one that you put in your post, the one with him with a blue bandana, clean shaven,and long red hair circa 1991(:axl92:)and another one where he has a mustache, black hat, shorter red hair and black sunglasses circa 2011(:axl:)

6 hours ago, Karice said:

Enjoy your Christmas! :hug:😀 On a side note, I wonder why Axl has TWO emojis on MYGNR. There is the one that you put in your post, the one with him with a blue bandana, clean shaven,and long red hair circa 1991(:axl92:)and another one where he has a mustache, black hat, shorter red hair and black sunglasses circa 2011(:axl:)

I guess bandana one is for the classic era, and the mustache one is about NewGNR era.

• Like 1

The box set is 40 percent off on Amazon if anybody just has to have it. 

Can't pull the trigger. Not worth it when they have a history of deeply discounting their box sets. The Appetite Super Deluxe @ 45 USD was a fantastic deal.

Even if the Locked N' Loaded box set was ridiculous, I can see the justification for nabbing one when they were down to 300-400, since it is such an elaborate box set.

My vinyl set arrives Wednesday and I already have buyer’s remorse :lol:. I don’t need all the extra stuff (although the big display box looks nice), but I really want the records.

I got hardcore into vinyl this year with an emphasis on live shows, so I do really want these. @RussTCB was kind enough to give me the AfD box since he only wanted the records. I never bothered to track those down since I have the super deluxe CD set in the big AfD box and there weren’t any live shows included.

The UYI box I’m way more interested in the actual records since I want the Ritz 91 and Vegas 92. I already have a few UYI shows on vinyl, so these are nice to add to the collection. I wish you could just buy them separately with the new artwork, but the band definitely wants you to fork out the $$$.

Oh well, at least it was discounted

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

My vinyl set arrives Wednesday and I already have buyer’s remorse :lol:. I don’t need all the extra stuff (although the big display box looks nice), but I really want the records.

I got hardcore into vinyl this year with an emphasis on live shows, so I do really want these. @RussTCB was kind enough to give me the AfD box since he only wanted the records. I never bothered to track those down since I have the super deluxe CD set in the big AfD box and there weren’t any live shows included.

The UYI box I’m way more interested in the actual records since I want the Ritz 91 and Vegas 92. I already have a few UYI shows on vinyl, so these are nice to add to the collection. I wish you could just buy them separately with the new artwork, but the band definitely wants you to fork out the $$$.

Oh well, at least it was discounted

The coffee table book is pretty nice and the Blu ray is great 

• Like 2

I bought the vinyl boxset for just under €120 shipped to Singapore from the Black Friday sale at that record store in Finland that’s mentioned in the other thread. (Does the UYI box set sound better….) Sounds great imo..

• Like 1

Ok now that it came and I have it, I’m happy af. The sound is killer. AfD is their best single album, but UYI has higher peaks for me. UYI I was my first GNR album.

Packaging and sound is killer. My one complaint is that there is not a re-recorded Ain’t Going Down like SOYL 

• Like 1

They didn’t 100% nail either the AfD or UYI set but we’re close :lol:

AfD really could have used at least one live show with audio and video. Ritz 88 would have been an easy thing to include. The Sound City Sessions, some of the demos, and new SOYL are great, though. 

UYI has killer live content. Ritz 91 and Vegas 92 are awesome, and are probably the best officially released live albums in the discography, now. A disc of demoes would have been really cool with Ain’t Going Down and some alternate, stripped down UYI songs 

Demos are more interesting at the beginning, but live shows are better for longevity. Overall, I prefer the content in the UYI box. The AfD cabinet is cool, but it’s crazy they wanted $1000 originally. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1