The Batman

On 3/11/2022 at 3:29 PM, Jw224 said:

What did everyone think about the scene towards the end? I know Matt Reeves said that he cut it a few times but found it worse without it there, I agree that it adds something.

Yeah I ended up liking that scene way more than I expected to.

19 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Mixed feelings about this.

Yeah, I'd probably need to see more of him to fully form an opinion tbh. Scene generally was pretty cool, it's a bit similar to the riddler scene and would have taken attention away from it, so I can see why they cut it. 

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 9:00 AM, AxlsMainMan said:

Honestly made me appreciate the Bale/Nolan films all the more. 

Enjoyed the car chase scene, but everything else didn't really work for me or excite me. Less than zero chemistry between Batman and Catwoman, and the Bruce Wayne character is a complete and utter afterthought in this film.

Nolan's Bruce Wayne was better, but I like this version of Batman better than Nolan's. Nolan's Batman was kind of a clutz and wasn't much of a detective. Reeves Batman did 'realistic' Batman better than Nolan did I thought. I thought the chemistry of Batman and Gordon to be just as good as Nolan's (which is incredible, because Nolan had such a good Jim Gordon).

I rank the chemistry of Batman and Catwoman as:

1 Batman Returns

2 The Batman

3 The Dark Knight Rises

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Liked it but the voice and the mannerisms are very Heath Ledger. 

Well. I liked th portrayal, way more Joker than Ledger was. He was just annoying and only Joker in name. Don't like that visually he's kinda like Ledger's joker,

On 3/8/2022 at 1:48 PM, rocknroll41 said:

I’m not ready to rank the live-action theatrical films individually yet, but I think I’m at a point now where I can group them into tiers, at least:

GREAT

Batman ‘89, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Batman

OKAY

The Dark Knight Rises, Joker

SO BAD IT’S GOOD

Batman ‘66, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Justice League

UNWATCHABLE

Batman v. Superman, Suicide Squad

Like list, however Thought Bvs directors cut and ZSJL were in the great category for me. 

Loved The Batman. Also thought the cut Joker scene was brilliant too. 

Edited by jimisbatman

Finally got around to seeing it yesterday.

Didn't love it, didn't hate it.  Thought the cinematography and direction was very well done.

But way too long.  By the second hour I found myself looking at my watch.  A lot.

I also found myself caring less about Batman.  Perhaps I don't need anymore Batman films.  The Burton/Nolan films were fun (save for Dark Night Returns).  Plus there's been a slew of Batman content the last six or seven years between Justice League, Batman V. Superman, and Suicide Squad.  It feels like the Batman brand has been diluted.

Would have been more interesting if it was set and placed in The Joker's universe.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...