Sweet Child O' Mine (Dublin 2022) on official GN'R YouTube channel

On 7/8/2022 at 8:07 AM, jamillos said:

Some may say look, these GNR forum fans are never satisfied! They just got a new Select, and yet they still bitch!
But this is so typical for GNR. Do they release a song where Axl sounds good? Do they release something new, which hasn’t been released many times before, something like Reckless Life or You’re Crazy fast version? Do they use basic logic? Why, no! We’ll fucking give you SCOM, which is definitely new and you couldn’t have seen it in any of the previous Selects, plus Axl sounds full rasp like in 2016 there! :facepalm:
Jeez. I guess it’s some sort of compensation for the "one or two new songs around June", which... I suppose... aren’t quite ready for release yet...

That's exactly what I thought. I don't need to see another live video of Sweet Child. I watched 2 minutes and have no real opinion on it. You're Crazy is a great shout. It was the best song on the London set for me

• Like 1

If they loved the fans they’d give us pro shots of 

Estranged in Chile 2011

Civil War in Denver 2011

You’re Crazy Brooklyn Bowl 2013

Paradise City Lubbock 2013

Yesterdays, Prostitute, TWAT 2014 Vegas (June) 

Create a 2016 full show release of a Texas two step with best performances between Arlington and Houston (arlington had My Michelle, Sorry, and Patience) 

maybe a couple 2006 and 2010 full shows

all UYI material haha 

Just some great performances over the years that deserve to be highlighted. I’d pay for access to some of these performances 

• Like 2

I just saw the vid, in my opinion there's nothing wrong with it.

Not a lot of energy there but it's a cool version of a song they played a billion times.

The most important thing - Axl doesn't sound like Mickey Mouse, not a second of that here to my ears.

I like it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gem Archer said:

looks like they tried to replicate what stranger things did with metallica but i think it didn't go as planned...

Yea, seems like they released this because of Thor but it was a swing and a miss.

But I think the last/current season of Stranger Things is set in 1986, so I'd be surprised if the next season didn't feature a GNR song or two...

On 7/8/2022 at 5:30 PM, We love Axl Rose said:

I don't think anyone said that Axl in Dublin sounded like 2016, but everyone praised this show because Axl really sounded very good by today's standards.

I didn't say 2016 either, I was there, he was horrific. Grating voice that cut through you.

On 7/8/2022 at 8:03 AM, MildlyArtistic said:

I'm assuming they're pushing it to coincide with the fact it's featured in the new Thor film. 

However, if I was a Marvel fan curious about Guns N Roses after watching the film, I think my interest in Guns N Roses would be quite firmly killed by this video. 

Sure, this is one of Axl's best performances of SCOM since the reunion, but it's still completely unlistenably awful on its own merits. 

Yeah, I totally understand where you're coming from.