What do you find exceptional about Axl?

So I was watching a London 2022 fan-shot performance of Estranged & in the comments somebody wrote that Axl has finally matured, for handling sound issues like a pro. I thought to myself "Axl's been mature for a long time now" & justified it with the fact that he's one of the unique rock musicians who is mature enough to employ songs to express his emotions, his most hurtful, most traumatising life experiences, to pour his very soul out to the fans he sings when performing live, without sinking down into head-banging, anger-filled screaming, profanities & self-destructive behaviour. Looking back, I can see that we have Queen to thank for giving Axl the spark for this sort of music & I must say, while I don't listen to Hard Rock like I did in my young years, Axl's ballad's are truly a wonder. It led me towards growing & maturing my music taste entirely when I grew older to New-Age, Celtic, Ambient-Electronic as it pours out so much emotion that it truly allows one to feel alive & expressing all their soulful, deep emotions. The fact that Axl can make songs that expressive too is amazing.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

His need to do things his way.

Even if a more profitable option that would lead to more happy fans ect exists if he doesn't want to do it then he doesn't (if we like it or not)

Some people and bands create music designed for there fans, which is really just creating a product. Artists do not do this, they do what they feel is right & if you like it great and if you don't never mind. 

They may merch the hell out of crap to make money, but when it comes to the music he does what he wants. He has probably left a lot of money on the table over the years by doing so. 

Voice, lyrics, style that shouldn't work but on him it did (aside from a few missteps) at least in his prime.

He is in my top 5 frontmen all time and depending on the night/show he was the top.  The same thing that made him great also lead to his issues so it was a double edge sword. 

But watch his strut during We Will Rock You at the Freddie Mercury Tribute. It is a very short list of frontmen who can pull off that cocky strut and make it work and be the coolest thing ever.

Listen to his performance of Salt of the Earth with the Rolling Stones in 1989. I dont know if he ever sang better.  Elevated that song and even pushed Mick to sing better than normal as he was not going to be outdone on his own stage lol.  I mean for me he was but you can see him clearly adjusting to Axl's performance which made it an amazing version.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Karice said:

Are you confusing Axl with Prince? 🤔😃 I have NEVER seen Axl wearing pointy shoes, but I have seen multiple pictures of Prince wearing pointy shoes. 

1 hour ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

No, no.

If I were to describe them imo they look like crocodile shoes with a belt and a metal tip.

He wears them during shows and has fallen over in them a few times.

2343217-Peaky-Blinder-Live.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

The performance of Perfect Crime in Indiana 91 is the best way to describe Axl

Perfect Crime by Axl, I means Guns N'Roses , 😉 is one of my favorite songs. 😃 Axl's rough, gutteral singing is amazing on Perfect Crime live. And then he switches to his calm voice when he says, "Ostracized, but that's all right. I was thinking about something myself," and then goes right back to his rough, gutteral singing. Amazing.😃

• ABSUЯD 1

5 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

2343217-Peaky-Blinder-Live.jpg

In that picture, you can see a little of Young Axl , but in another recent Picture of Older/Current Axl, he looked NOTHING like his Younger Self(He was sitting down and  signing autographs for fans I believe and was wearing a mask.

On 10/6/2022 at 5:26 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

How he is the most talented musician who barely made use of his skills after 1991 and wasted decades of potential.

Sadly, I agree. Whatever the reason, stubbornness, insecurities, mental health, health or the actual legal issues that prevented the release of music in the later 90's/00's was a very sad loss for fans and Axl alike. I do wonder if he would change that if he could?

• Like 1