2023 WORLD TOUR

2 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

I think the big difference between showing up with a sore throat in the 80/90s is that it won't get coverage around the world, and all over Social Media and on terrestrial TV live, like Mickey turning up to one of largest festivals in the UK in the 2020's will. That's where my concern comes - not necessarily for Axl per se, but more the legacy of my favourite band, I suppose. Perhaps I'm acutely aware of the coverage Glastonbury has, the kind of people who tend to go and the press around it, more so than RIR for example. Dunno, just seems like a high risk, low reward show for me. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Agreed, it’ll be a bloodbath

• Like 1

4 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

Dude, the BBC puts the main acts out live each year. I just don't see Glastgo agreeing to forego the BBC coverage of the headliner to get GNR. 

Again, the Stones only allowed the BBC to show the second half of the set – having initially refused to allow them to show any of it.

The BBC has even acknowledged that some acts refuse to allow themselves to be broadcast: 

"On occasion an act may not wish to be filmed or recorded."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/e7ddb733-2952-4ef4-b45c-0c3518b152aa

The first hour of Paul McCartney's set also wasn't broadcast this year – although that was apparently down to the BBC

19 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Possible. Two headliner still missing. One of them will probably be slipknot. Although I hope they don't do RaR 

I just read that RAR isn't managed by Marek Lieberberg anymore (had absolutely no idea about that), who was always said to have a soft spot for Axl and GNR (see the "we'll give you any time slot you want, just come and play" moment in 2006), and the new managers are said to be not in it with heart and soul, just for the money, so that possible link between Marek and Axl is gone.

3 minutes ago, Sausagebrain said:

If they headline glasto, expect complaints that the band who released 'One In A Million' have been allowed to play there.

Think I'm joking? Some people complained endlessly when Metallica headlined there in 2014, because of James Hetfield's love of hunting. 

Well, Hetfield IS human garbage. But these discussions don't lead to anything anywhere, so it doesn't matter if there will be criticism towards gnr

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Well, Hetfield IS human garbage. But these discussions don't lead to anything anywhere, so it doesn't matter if there will be criticism towards gnr

Sure - I doubt that any complaints would be enough for the organisers to kick GnR off the bill. But I have few doubts that there would be complaints. 

3 hours ago, Sausagebrain said:

If they headline glasto, expect complaints that the band who released 'One In A Million' have been allowed to play there.

Think I'm joking? Some people complained endlessly when Metallica headlined there in 2014, because of James Hetfield's love of hunting. 

Not that he kicked Mustaines dog?

6 hours ago, Sausagebrain said:

True there are people around like that but that song is like 34-35 years old.  The people who wrote that song clearly aren't the same people today and it's a song that wouldn't have been inked on paper these days.  I really don't think that would stop them getting booked. 

Edited by RnRHOFGNR

Guns would be fine at Glastonbury, if they play. Em's a fan so it could happen, her dad would never have booked them though 

People always talk before Glastonbury, but on the day, everyone is merry so it's fine. For Guns, it about legacy and they should play Glastonbury if they get the chance, every band should

54 minutes ago, stezmacc said:

Hearing rumours of a Wembley stadium date next summer. Just googled it and there’s a website ‘allevents’ claiming 10th June as a date. they usually announce uk/European dates around this time of year so expect updates soon. 

Is this page reliable? At the bottom it says:

"This huge news comes alongside confirmation that the biggest stadium rock tour of 2023!

Axl, Slash and Duff have a message for fans: ”we’re coming back with a bigger and better show in 2023!"

So either they know something we don't or they're making stuff up. Where would they get such a quote from? Only explanation could be a press release that hasn't been released yet 

18 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Is this page reliable? At the bottom it says:

"This huge news comes alongside confirmation that the biggest stadium rock tour of 2023!

Axl, Slash and Duff have a message for fans: ”we’re coming back with a bigger and better show in 2023!"

So either they know something we don't or they're making stuff up. Where would they get such a quote from? Only explanation could be a press release that hasn't been released yet 

I call BS on that sites claim…

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488687266f89bb8db4a684

Would love a Wembley show after the carnage of Tottenham this year. 10th is ideal as I have the week booked off work. Am seeing Coldplay "I know I know" on the 7th June in Cardiff. 

I wonder if they would do a double again as is the normal for London shows. Japan seemed to go OK. 

Could be utter BS but then it could also be a ticket agency that have been given a list of dates ready to sell tickets when they go on sale. Slash has confirmed a summer tour and said ‘see u sooner than you think’ following the last euro tour so I wouldn’t be surprised if a tour is announced over next few weeks? 

BS website. Guns will not play Porsche Arena in Stuttgart. That is way too small for them.

I will likely not visit a show next year if they don`t bring out a new music, somehow the thrill is gone. I am a huge fan of the reunion and I managed to see them all over the world. But this year was the first year I had the opportunity to see them and chose not to; I rather saw a Maiden show.