2023 WORLD TOUR

38 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

Saw Elton in CCFC and the sound stunk, vibe was terrible too. They’ll never play Wales, I don’t think. I’m sure they’d pull a crowd but it’s easier and more lucrative for them to just do London for a few nights. Americans think everywhere in Britain is walking distance.

in fairness it’s not too far, but when we saw them in Tottenham, my bro and I had to leave before Paradise City to get the megabus back. Then, there was a crash on the M4 exit out of London. Took 7 and a half hours to get home. Hangover kicked in about 3am. 🙃

True, a lot think everything stops at London. I’ve been to London and back plenty of times the same day by bus and it’s brutal, especially knowing at the end of the evening there’s a 5 hour journey waiting for you after a long day of drinking etc and that’s if you don’t miss final one out! 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 5:25 AM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

So as we've already heard, GNR apparently are heavily rumoured to play glastonbury next year (https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-2023-line-up-headliners-7697791)

The ticket sales for the festival start on nov 3rd. Surely they will be announcing at least some of their headliners by then, right? 

Ugh, I hate this idea. I'm old enough to remember them bombing at Download 2006 (I was at their warm-up show at Hammersmith '06). A tedious, overly-long, obscure setlist featuring like 4/5 (CD) songs that they'd never released + 3 guitar solos from members the audience had never heard of. The UK media is brutal. Their 2 night stint in London this Summer didn't go well due to Axl's vocal problems (you pay to see GN'R and see Carrie Underwood singing SCOM instead you have a right to be annoyed) and they then canceled the show in Scotland which is yet to be re-arranged. Their overall perception in the UK isn't great at the minute.

Glastonbury headline acts are broadcast live on UK TV to the general public and are watched by millions. If they play that, Axl will have to find his inner 1993 because, if not, they'll be slaughtered and will never book an arena or stadium in the UK again. Mistake for me.

Edited by W. Axl Kev
  • Like 3

On 10/26/2022 at 11:03 AM, allwaystired said:

I'm with you on that one! 

Parking doesn't cost £100's in London! for Tottenham I used "your parking space" and managed to get a spot for £5 which was a premier Inn car park that was about a 20 min walk from the stadium and gave me 24hrs parking. As long as you plan ahead you can make your money go far enough. 

As for Glasto it would be great to see them headline. Generally the set is around 2hrs there, so they could have a real chance of making a setlist that would pack a punch for that duration.

I am hopeful of getting tickets with the chance of seeing them live again at one of the biggest festivals in the world. Download 18 was awesome you only had to see the sheer volume of people who turned up to watch to see they still have the appeal. 

6 hours ago, waxl1974 said:

Parking doesn't cost £100's in London! for Tottenham I used "your parking space" and managed to get a spot for £5 which was a premier Inn car park that was about a 20 min walk from the stadium and gave me 24hrs parking. As long as you plan ahead you can make your money go far enough. 

As for Glasto it would be great to see them headline. Generally the set is around 2hrs there, so they could have a real chance of making a setlist that would pack a punch for that duration.

I am hopeful of getting tickets with the chance of seeing them live again at one of the biggest festivals in the world. Download 18 was awesome you only had to see the sheer volume of people who turned up to watch to see they still have the appeal. 

I know nothing about car parking tickets, as I don't drive, but thanks for the info! 

22 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Manchester you say? Where would you suggest?

M.E.N arena that's where they normally play except I don't believe they did last time they were here.

Although once back in the day I believed they cancelled a show there because yoda told him it was bad karma to play places beginning with the letter M. cant recall where I heard that or speak to the truth of it though.

Seen them there a few times, always a full house

Edited by Shacklermyrye

30 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

M.E.N arena that's where they normally play except I don't believe they did last time they were here.

Although once back in the day I believed they cancelled a show there because yoda told him it was bad karma to play places beginning with the letter M. cant recall where I heard that or speak to the truth of it though.

Seen them there a few times, always a full house

The rumour about the letter "M" circulated back in 1992, mainly in relation to a cancelled show in Minneapolis (they did play there later in the year, though, as, of course, they did in Montreal).

Patton/Faith No More later reiterated the rumour in relation to the show in Manchester. However, that show was only postponed for a few days because Axl was still in Paris, so they played eventually.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The rumour about the letter "M" circulated back in 1992, mainly in relation to a cancelled show in Minneapolis (they did play there later in the year, though, as, of course, they did in Montreal).

Patton/Faith No More later reiterated the rumour in relation to the show in Manchester. However, that show was only postponed for a few days because Axl was still in Paris, so they played eventually.

Your a bloody font of knowledge you. Good to know I didn't imagine that, I knew I had heard it somewhere before.

There is a quite decent bootleg of the 2010 show. I wish there was of the 2006 one. That gig was insane.

3 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Your a bloody font of knowledge you. Good to know I didn't imagine that, I knew I had heard it somewhere before.

There is a quite decent bootleg of the 2010 show. I wish there was of the 2006 one. That gig was insane.

Small correction to my previous post: the show in Minneapolis wasn't actually cancelled; just the city was not included in the original GN'R/Metallica tour schedule (but was added later).

• Like 1

On 10/26/2022 at 10:56 AM, Billy Cundy said:

Doesn’t help London is brutally expensive, so driving yourself is pretty much out of the question (costs £100s to park, and theres no guarantee your car will even be safe).

never used to mind the megabus when I was 18, but I’m ageing like milk and don’t know how many years of it I have left in me haha. It was a struggle back in July!

You in Cardiff mate? I was born there and grew up in Cymru but in London now.  - If you want cheap train travel use the TrainPal split ticketing site / app, booking in advance you can get vastly cheaper fares, it can be quite life changing to use and no more mega bus!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Boy said:

You in Cardiff mate? I was born there and grew up in Cymru but in London now.  - If you want cheap train travel use the TrainPal split ticketing site / app, booking in advance you can get vastly cheaper fares, it can be quite life changing to use and no more mega bus!

Noted! 🤘🤘

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Blackstar = GNR Wiki

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, marinergtfc said:

Oof, Glastonbury, that could be a bad call if true.

if they do it, and that’s a big if, 2hr setlist of greatest hits, nothing else,  no bullshit.

….and Axl, get your fucking voice in shape.

They don't have to agree to it being shown on TV though. Which would save Axl from the negative press he's gonna get if they do play. 

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

They don't have to agree to it being shown on TV though. Which would save Axl from the negative press he's gonna get if they do play. 

Yeah that's true. It's fairly unheard of (The Rolling Stones weren't keen, but still allowed a few songs to be shown, can't think of anyone else that ever stopped stuff being shown) but I can imagine GNR insisting very little be shown. 

It does sort of defeat the point though- most acts see the relatively low fee as a trade-off for the large scale televised publicity they get. 

There's no doubt though that televising it would lead to SO much mockery. That's the way the UK is. Everyone I've mentioned this rumour to has laughed and said how funny it would be.

If I was the band, I REALLY wouldn't do Glastonbury! 

• Like 3