2023 WORLD TOUR

On 10/22/2022 at 8:43 PM, Shacklermyrye said:

attachment-guns-n-roses-november-rain-vi

Oh look there's you and steph from back in the day, Cake cream and all.

On topic I really don't see GN'R being a good fit for Glasto at all.

A terrible fit in every sense I think. They'd be playing to none of their fans and people would be BRUTAL if it went out live on TV. 

• Like 1

Mix of arenas and festivals for next year’s Euro run was what I was told after Dublin and would make sense.

You don’t do Glastonbury for money - it’s one for kudos and, intriguingly, exposure. If they do it then it suggests they will have something to sell perhaps beyond the UYI box set.  

Brave move if they do it, as, as others have mentioned, it puts them under the sort of scrutiny of a large live TV audience that will be a million miles from the partisan crowds that they’re used to.

One to keep an eye on - friend is a former producer on Jools Holland and apparently they’re trying hard to book them for an appearance for their summer run of shows  - they came incredibly close to agreeing and appearing on the programme back in 2006.

30 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Haha, guest what!

They will continue to tour without any new material and people will pay for that including many of you here in this forum.

Then we'll hear things like:

"Don't ruin the joy"
"stop all these negativity"
"We don't care, we're gonna enjoy this one family event with our fav band"
"Axl sounds better live than in youtube clips"
"Anyone can get Litho of that show? I'll pay twice!"
"Yay they played IRS!! fucking hell!!! :hahafyou:"

Urban consumer class...

It's been the same cycle since 2006.

Its expensive, I hate myself for it, but take my money Axl!!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Haha, guest what!

They will continue to tour without any new material and people will pay for that including many of you here in this forum.

Then we'll hear things like:

"Don't ruin the joy"
"stop all these negativity"
"We don't care, we're gonna enjoy this one family event with our fav band"
"Axl sounds better live than in youtube clips"
"Anyone can get Litho of that show? I'll pay twice!"
"Yay they played IRS!! fucking hell!!! :hahafyou:"

Urban consumer class...

To be fair, IRS is one of the best Guns N'Roses songs of all time! 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The next time they tour the US, new album/EP or not, I'm sure I'll get tickets for my dad and I. We saw them in 2021 in Detroit. Great show.

At least we will get to hear Hard Skool. :)

Absurd is fun live too. Half the fun is watching the audience react to it in awe like WTF is this.  I like the NITL Chinese Democracy (the song) too. Richard nails Bucket's solo very well. They should utilize Richard far more, both in the studio and live. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SilverMachine said:

Mix of arenas and festivals for next year’s Euro run was what I was told after Dublin and would make sense.

You don’t do Glastonbury for money - it’s one for kudos and, intriguingly, exposure. If they do it then it suggests they will have something to sell perhaps beyond the UYI box set.  

Brave move if they do it, as, as others have mentioned, it puts them under the sort of scrutiny of a large live TV audience that will be a million miles from the partisan crowds that they’re used to.

One to keep an eye on - friend is a former producer on Jools Holland and apparently they’re trying hard to book them for an appearance for their summer run of shows  - they came incredibly close to agreeing and appearing on the programme back in 2006.

I'm pretty sure Jools Holland only books acts who have new music to promote.......

On 10/21/2022 at 3:36 PM, invisible_rose said:

Unless they're playing smaller venues and actually touring properly (ie not just one or two stadium dates per county or festivals), I certainly won't be going. No chance in hell I'll be dumping another shit tonne of cash to travel to London from Yorkshire to see what is effectively the same show as 2016 and 2022. I'd love to see this band in an arena and with at least some new music. Can't be too much to ask for, surely. If that isn't on the cards, then I'm 100% out. 

It's about time we had Manchester/Leeds/Sheffield. If I can go to a show with minimal travel costs and no overnight stay it would be great. I wouldn't be as fussed about the show being similar if it was cheaper and easier to go.

• Like 2

Well, there will be "The Town" a new festival in Brazil, which will be the São Paulo version of Rio's Rock In Rio.

It is also organized by the same production company.

Never say never for another south american run in 2023, 2024, 2025... up to 2087 when the band will be just a hologram.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JD89 said:

As a matter of fact, I don't think they've ever played Wales. 

Correct.

It's perhaps a bit strange since England is the country where they have placed the most shows after USA and Canada. If there is any consolation, they have only played twice in Scotland and once in Northern Ireland (but five times in Ireland).

Edited by SoulMonster

8 hours ago, JD89 said:

I would love to see them do a gig in Swansea or Cardiff Wales, but sadly doubt it would happen. As a matter of fact, I don't think they've ever played Wales. 

Yeah boi! Caerdydd my guy! We don’t have a suitable venue. They wouldn’t take a chance on Millennium (too big for an untested market) and CIA is too small. Maybe when they get that new place up down the bay?

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Correct.

It's perhaps a bit strange since England is the country where they have placed the most shows after USA and Canada. If there is any consolation, they have only played twice in Scotland and once in Northern Ireland (but five times in Ireland).

Closest they played was Colston Hall in Bristol in 1987. A gent I know went to the gig. They abandoned their mate after because he was too drunk or they were pranking him, can’t remember which, and left him to make his own way back: anyway, joke was on them because allegedly he ended up hanging with the band and crew and got a lift home from a roadie..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Billy Cundy said:

Yeah boi! Caerdydd my guy! We don’t have a suitable venue. They wouldn’t take a chance on Millennium (too big for an untested market) and CIA is too small. Maybe when they get that new place up down the bay?

Was thinking perhaps the Liberty Stadium or CCFC stadium would be alright. Not too small and not too big 

28 minutes ago, JD89 said:

Was thinking perhaps the Liberty Stadium or CCFC stadium would be alright. Not too small and not too big 

Saw Elton in CCFC and the sound stunk, vibe was terrible too. They’ll never play Wales, I don’t think. I’m sure they’d pull a crowd but it’s easier and more lucrative for them to just do London for a few nights. Americans think everywhere in Britain is walking distance.

in fairness it’s not too far, but when we saw them in Tottenham, my bro and I had to leave before Paradise City to get the megabus back. Then, there was a crash on the M4 exit out of London. Took 7 and a half hours to get home. Hangover kicked in about 3am. 🙃

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JD89 said:

I would love to see them do a gig in Swansea or Cardiff Wales, but sadly doubt it would happen. As a matter of fact, I don't think they've ever played Wales. 

I'd say the stadium in Swansea would be the most likely bet. 

1 minute ago, Billy Cundy said:

Saw Elton in CCFC and the sound stunk, vibe was terrible too. They’ll never play Wales, I don’t think. I’m sure they’d pull a crowd but it’s easier and more lucrative for them to just do London for a few nights. Americans think everywhere in Britain is walking distance.

in fairness it’s not too far, but when we saw them in Tottenham, my bro and I had to leave before Paradise City to get the megabus back. Then, there was a crash on the M4 exit out of London. Took 7 and a half hours to get home. Hangover kicked in about 3am. 🙃

Ah, the joys of trying to get anywhere in the UK after 10pm. It's getting worse on that front isn't it? I'm having to skip so many gigs now due to lack of transport of issues. 

It's pathetic really. 

• Wow 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I'd say the stadium in Swansea would be the most likely bet. 

Ah, the joys of trying to get anywhere in the UK after 10pm. It's getting worse on that front isn't it? I'm having to skip so many gigs now due to lack of transport of issues. 

It's pathetic really. 

Doesn’t help London is brutally expensive, so driving yourself is pretty much out of the question (costs £100s to park, and theres no guarantee your car will even be safe).

never used to mind the megabus when I was 18, but I’m ageing like milk and don’t know how many years of it I have left in me haha. It was a struggle back in July!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

Doesn’t help London is brutally expensive, so driving yourself is pretty much out of the question (costs £100s to park, and theres no guarantee your car will even be safe).

never used to mind the megabus when I was 18, but I’m ageing like milk and don’t know how many years of it I have left in me haha. It was a struggle back in July!

I'm with you on that one! 

• Like 1