2023 WORLD TOUR

3 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Watching on TV sadly. I actually booked off the Wednesday to Monday from work with the intention of going, but when a kebab is a luxury financially the price of Glasto was way out of my budget haha 

Yeah, I feel you on that one totally. It's really shit at the moment. Often feels like entertainment is just for the rich now. 

On the plus side though, the BBC always make a good job of showing Glastonbury. I always look forward to watching it all weekend.  

I hope the beeb are showing Gn’R live.

if they are, please for god’s sake Axl, don’t fuck this up, I don’t know why I’m so proud/ protective of Glastonbury…..maybe because I’m British and it’s just a legendary festival, I just want them to do really well and blow the doubters out of the water, I hope they pull a huge crowd.

I’ll be nervous as fuck.

25 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

I hope the beeb are showing Gn’R live.

if they are, please for god’s sake Axl, don’t fuck this up, I don’t know why I’m so proud/ protective of Glastonbury…..maybe because I’m British and it’s just a legendary festival, I just want them to do really well and blow the doubters out of the water, I hope they pull a huge crowd.

I’ll be nervous as fuck.

i don't count on the be be see for anything tbh. But if they do show our guys, i don't think you should be too nervous. @marinergtfc

No matter how good he sounds during Glasto (if it airs) the general public will still mock him or shoot down his performance because they will be expecting 80s/90s vocals they remember from the big hits. WE know he’s doing really well this tour but to the non fans they won’t focus on how good he actually is considering his age, they will just say “wtf happened to his voice”. I hope I’m wrong but I know how judgy most of us British are about almost everything sadly 

Edited by D4NNY
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, D4NNY said:

No matter how good he sounds during Glasto (if it airs) the general public will still mock him or shoot down his performance because they will be expecting 80s/90s vocals they remember from the big hits. WE know he’s doing really well this tour but to the non fans they won’t focus on how good he actually is considering his age, they will just say “wtf happened to his voice”. I hope I’m wrong but I know how judgy most of us British are about almost everything sadly 

I'm really dreading the reviews. 

22 hours ago, Oxford said:

They are going to be live.  Full broadcast. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001nbyk

Probably not really. They're onstage at 9.30, so either they aren't showing the first half hour, or it's on a delay. More likely the latter. 

On 6/17/2023 at 5:22 PM, wendirosez said:

i don't count on the be be see for anything tbh. But if they do show our guys, i don't think you should be too nervous. @marinergtfc

Huh? What's wrong with the BBC? They've announced they're showing it, it's scheduled so why wouldn't you 'count on it'? 

N.B. If the response involves the term 'mainstream media' then I'm probably not interested! 

53 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Probably not really. They're onstage at 9.30, so either they aren't showing the first half hour, or it's on a delay. More likely the latter. 

Huh? What's wrong with the BBC? They've announced they're showing it, it's scheduled so why wouldn't you 'count on it'? 

N.B. If the response involves the term 'mainstream media' then I'm probably not interested! 

There will be a time delay.  It’s the BBC so they won’t like Axls unpredictability.   The listing is up for it on the Saturday now and it’s a 4 hour programme.  

12 minutes ago, Oxford said:

There will be a time delay.  It’s the BBC so they won’t like Axls unpredictability.   The listing is up for it on the Saturday now and it’s a 4 hour programme.  

He's not been unpredictable in about 10 years! Those days of turning up late are long gone. 

It's been varied in the past as I recall - some headline sets have gone out live, others on a slight delay. Seems likely the whole 2hr 15 min set will get shown though, but a lot of it will be the decision of GNR management. I honestly wouldn't rule out them deciding the set can't be shown at the last minute! Rock In Rio got shown though last time, so I'd hope not. 

23 minutes ago, Oxford said:

How new to GNR are you?🤣 Axl is all business when it comes to going on stage on time, and has been for a good many years now. Outside of other bands going late or some sort of weather issue they'll be on stage on time or possibly even before their allocated time.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

How new to GNR are you?🤣 Axl is all business when it comes to going on stage on time, and has been for a good many years now. Outside of other bands going late or some sort of weather issue they'll be on stage on time or possibly even before their allocated time.

about these changes of behavior, do we have any information?
because you don't drastically change who you are at that age by snapping your fingers, and I suppose it was discussed many times here.

10 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I kinda wish Axl will be 4 hours late to a random show just cause he wanted a lamb roast or watched a really intense NBA game, just to shake things up and see how Slash reacts to it.

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I wasn't talking about a delay getting on the stage, more of delay to cut anything the sensitive BBC viewers will be offended by.   It’s SOP with them to do that.  They have a time delay on many so called live shows.  The Brits, BAFTAs, Oscars etc.  Anything that can have foul language or potential political views aired  

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeNfr said:

about these changes of behavior, do we have any information?
because you don't drastically change who you are at that age by snapping your fingers, and I suppose it was discussed many times here.

I think the general opinion was timekeeping formed a big part of Slash agreeing to come back. I genuinely can't remember if that was confirmed by him or not- I think he said something about it in an interview though. 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think the general opinion was timekeeping formed a big part of Slash agreeing to come back. I genuinely can't remember if that was confirmed by him or not- I think he said something about it in an interview though. 

I'm sure about that but the question is *how* to get there for him

15 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I wasn't talking about delay getting on the stage, more of delay to cut anything the sensitive BBC viewers will be offended by.   It’s SOP with them to do that.  The have a time delay on many so called live shows.  The Brits, BAFTAs, Oscars etc.  Anything that can have foul language or potential views aired  

Are you new to the BBC?! They don't show the Brits or The Oscars and do broadcast Baftas live. 

What are these 'sensitive viewers' offended by at 10 at night that GNR could possibly do? 

The BBC show unedited Lars Von Trier films, so I don't think they're living in fear of Axl dropping an F-bomb! 

Seriously, when was the last time Axl did anything even remotely controversial?! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh, no idea, but speculating I'd imagine a combination of money, aging and mental health improvement would have a lot to do with it. 

pure speculation, but I imagine that Axl, as a younger guy, had more anxiety issues before going on stage and he gave himself the right to  feel totally ready before he went up there. I'm guessing now he's at a much more calm place. This is a good thing for Gn'R and us as well, cause if true, maybe he's mature enough to be a littme more stable and maybe even content.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Are you new to the BBC?! 

What are the 'sensitive viewers' offended by at 10 at night that GNR could possibly do? 

The BBC show unedited Lars Von Trier films, so I don't think they're living in fear of Axl dropping an F-bomb! 

Seriously, when was the last time Axl did anything even remotely controversial?! 

Very familiar 🤣. They cut my segment in Springwatch and Countryfile due to them thinking people would rather watch otters and cuddly critters whilst watching and eating their dinner, rather than venomous snakes killing and eating rodents.   Depends who is running the schedule, but they like to control live broadcasts in case anything politically motivated or offensive happens outside of their control.   Axl does still have that reputation following him with casual fans and public.   But it’s not just about the performers. It’s about the whole show and other unpredictable or awful events occurring. I don’t see any other reason for the delay unless it’s contracted and they can’t show some material for whatever reason.  It’s all just speculation.  The other Glastonbury broadcasts they’re doing are probably delayed too. 

Edited by Oxford

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

Very familiar 🤣. They cut my segment in Springwatch and Countryfile due to them thinking people would rather watch otters and cuddly critters whilst watching and eating their dinner, rather than venomous snakes killing and eating rodents.   Depends who is running the schedule, but they like to control live broadcasts in case anything politically motivated or offensive happens outside of their control.   Axl does still have that reputation following him with casual fans and public.   I don’t see any other reason for the delay unless it’s contracted and they can’t show some material for whatever reason.  It’s all just speculation.  The other Glastonbury broadcasts they’re doing are probably delayed too. 

I mean, perhaps there might have been a reason they cut your section from Springwatch. Maybe it just wasn't as interesting as you personally thought it was?! Perish the though that the director might not have liked it! 

Elton John is going out completely live as are many other acts over the weekend. Arctic Monkeys is on an hour delay. It's just scheduling. Nothing more than that. 

There is certainly no fear of Axl Rose saying naughty words at 10 at night. He's not remotely controversial any more in any way. Arctic Monkeys certainly aren't. 

There really isn't any agenda here as much as some people seem to want there to be! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

The day before yesterdey London the Slash son was playing in Spain, accord the review London prefer low profil about he be Slash son. A funny thing, when end the show an attend scream he wish meet a Axl "son"...:lol: 

Yeah I've experienced that with him too when I've seen him, he doesn't want to talk about his dad much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

I wasn't talking about a delay getting on the stage, more of delay to cut anything the sensitive BBC viewers will be offended by.   It’s SOP with them to do that.  They have a time delay on many so called live shows.  The Brits, BAFTAs, Oscars etc.  Anything that can have foul language or potential political views aired  

Oh you meant a time delay for bleeping out swear words. I think they are good to go with profanity after watershed. I suppose in those first few he does say bitch, fuck and cunt😄 and for some odd reason the word Cocaine has been bleeped a few times to in televised performances

9 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

I'm really dreading the reviews. 

I have hope that they can still pull this off and show everyone they have still got it but again, the British crowds and media are not very kind a lot of the time so who knows. Regardless once it’s over we will still be following them and nothing changes in that sense so it doesn’t really matter the outcome of Glasto

• Like 1

Definitely a bit worried about Glastonbury pro-shot. 

In an ideal world they would only air 10 best-picks. Even though he's sounding alright this tour, the voice won't translate well in about 70% of songs.

Fearful of the roasting they are going to get online. 

Easy to say 'who cares' but nobody wants our favourite band to have their performance streamed to millions of people and for the reaction to be negative. Being from Ireland it's probably heightened as everyone I know will have it on TV.