2023 WORLD TOUR

On 6/4/2023 at 1:00 AM, Ratam said:

Someone spanish fan knew some about the Vigo show?  I read it show run risk to be canceled, due the Vigo Mayor and the sponsorship both has issues. It is true?

Yes, there was an issue with the sponsor and city hall who were the ones responsible for booking Vigo. Seems like the city mayor has been difficult with negotiations and has been seeking attention during the whole thing...tickets being sold late because of him.

In the end Live Nation will cover the sponsor costs around 1.9 million euros to avoid cancelation...but it was close.

I was going to go to  this show also besides Madrid, but I knew something was off with the delay of ticket availability. Glad it's solved now.

Maybe Axl can dedicate DTJ to the mayor.

Edited by chinese stew
  • Thanks 2

On 6/6/2023 at 6:31 PM, chinese stew said:

Yes, there was an issue with the sponsor and city hall who were the ones responsible for booking Vigo. Seems like the city mayor has been difficult with negotiations and has been seeking attention during the whole thing...tickets being sold late because of him.

In the end Live Nation will cover the sponsor costs around 1.9 million euros to avoid cancelation...but it was close.

I was going to go to  this show also besides Madrid, but I knew something was off with the delay of ticket availability. Glad it's solved now.

Maybe Axl can dedicate DTJ to the mayor.

Vigo's major is like Quimby from the simpsons. I hope that they banned him from be in the stadium.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

With Brian from AC/DC joining Sam Fender in Newcastle last night I think it’s a shoe in that they join GNR at Glastonbury as well? 

It's a little way off yet, but highly likely I'd think. Back In Black and Rosie or Riff Raff. 

Why was he there with Sam Fender anyway? Any connection? Seems an odd guest appearance, especially as Sam Fenders music seems to have no influence of or similarity to AC/DC?  

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Why was he there with Sam Fender anyway? Any connection? Seems an odd guest appearance, especially as Sam Fenders music seems to have no influence of or similarity to AC/DC?

Both from Newcastle

• Like 4

On 6/11/2023 at 1:02 PM, allwaystired said:

It's a little way off yet, but highly likely I'd think. Back In Black and Rosie or Riff Raff. 

I think it's all but confirmed that it's the foo fighters. It's a weird collaboration, but you never know where they could have crossed paths. Sam fender might be a car nut like Brian and Brian might be filming more TV shows... Just one possible answer.

14 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think it's all but confirmed that it's the foo fighters. It's a weird collaboration, but you never know where they could have crossed paths. Sam fender might be a car nut like Brian and Brian might be filming more TV shows... Just one possible answer.

I thought that Foo Fighters thing was that they're playing a secret set on one of the other days under the name The Churnups? 

Dave Grohl was a guest on Paul McCartney's headline set last year, so it would be a bit underwhelming to see him doing the same thing again this year with GNR.

Edited by allwaystired

49 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I thought that Foo Fighters thing was that they're playing a secret set on one of the other days under the name The Churnups? 

Dave Grohl was a guest on Paul McCartney's headline set last year, so it would be a bit underwhelming to see him doing the same thing again this year with GNR.

Oh you mean a collaboration during the gnr set. You know it probably is Grohl, he's always everywhere and he's friends with them. One way it would be cool is if he got up and played drums for a song or two

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Oh you mean a collaboration during the gnr set. You know it probably is Grohl, he's always everywhere and he's friends with them. One way it would be cool is if he got up and played drums for a song or two

Yeah- just a guest onstage with them. If anyone, I think one of ACDC is most likely. 

It's getting a bit cliche though the old 'headline set, here's a surprise guest' thing, everyone seems to do it, so it would be quite nice if they didn't! 

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Majorly disappointed if that random band on the line up turns out to be Foo Fighters. I was hoping for Blur or Pulp!

39 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Majorly disappointed if that random band on the line up turns out to be Foo Fighters. I was hoping for Blur or Pulp!

I think it's pretty much confirmed as Foo Fighters. To be fair, they're probably a bigger deal than both Blur and Pulp.....but I'd rather see Pulp! are you going, or just talking about watching it on TV? 

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah- just a guest onstage with them. If anyone, I think one of ACDC is most likely. 

It's getting a bit cliche though the old 'headline set, here's a surprise guest' thing, everyone seems to do it, so it would be quite nice if they didn't! 

It's a bit tired. I hope they bring out ice cube and do some it tastes good!

• Haha 1

I don't know if this has been already acknowledged somewhere else but the full TV schedules have now been released for the Glastonbury weekend and it seems that BBC Two is airing the GnR concert. Given the start time, the broadcast is probably delayed by at least half an hour but as it is scheduled to last for 4 hours (??!?), maybe they will air the full concert?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001nbyk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lazyyy said:

I don't know if this has been already acknowledged somewhere else but the full TV schedules have now been released for the Glastonbury weekend and it seems that BBC Two is airing the GnR concert. Given the start time, the broadcast is probably delayed by at least half an hour but as it is scheduled to last for 4 hours (??!?), maybe they will air the full concert?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001nbyk

They're only on for just over 2 hours. 

They always do that with the programming though- the TV show will be their set, then a load of other stuff from the day, reports etc. 

They don't often delay the headline  sets actually- they usually show them live. It might be that GNR aren't letting them show the full set of there isn't a delay. 

Edited by allwaystired

14 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I think it's pretty much confirmed as Foo Fighters. To be fair, they're probably a bigger deal than both Blur and Pulp.....but I'd rather see Pulp! are you going, or just talking about watching it on TV? 

Watching on TV sadly. I actually booked off the Wednesday to Monday from work with the intention of going, but when a kebab is a luxury financially the price of Glasto was way out of my budget haha 

Edited by rumandraisin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1