Come up with any ideas for Guns N Roses merch

Congratulations! In Imagination-Land, you've been hired to come up with merchandise ideas for Guns N Roses!

You can make them as tacky or terrible, or as grand and exquisite, as you want.

I'll start:

Has listening to Duff sing brought you a great amount of pleasure? Do you want to bring all that home?
Because now Duff's dream of wanting to be your dog has come true!

Introducing, Dog McKagan!

A doll with a soft vinyl head, and a furry body, your human-canine companion has traded any dog-eat-dog attitude, for days of cuddling on your couch!

When you pet him, the sensors on his back will make him either bark or sing! High quality acrylic fur and saran nylon hair makes this dog feel luxurious to run your fingers through, whether on his head or on his back.

Available in puppy or old dog editions.

oMdUBiA.png

Edited by BucketEgg
capital K
  • Haha 3

A deluxe big box set 3 disc and cassette and vinyl Chinese Democracy (CD1-CD3) using all three covers for the artwork. And a bonus flash drive shaped like a Chinese AK-47, containing all material from 1998-2014 (or whatever). The bonus flash drive includes, but is not limited to the Sean Beavan mixes, the Roy Thomas Baker mixes, the Andy Wallace mixes, re-recorded AFD, discarded songs of various states of completion (including instrumentals) pre and post Bumblefoot CD2, the CD remix album, and the unused instrumentals, including those submitted by DJ Ashba. This set also includes stickers and magnets of all of the CD era GN'R logos, and copies of the tour books, backstage passes, and the like. There's also a blu-ray of select performances between 2001 and 2014, in addition to complete shows on blu-ray from 2001 (HOB), 2006, 2010, etc. And let's not forget the hidden DVD of the Better video. :) 

All of the above, and more for the modest price of $499.99 :D 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

This is even weirder than any thread made by Karice.

Congratulations.

thanks!

You too, can add to the weirdness join in the fun n' games, and come up with "merchandise ideas", or just add normal merchandise ideas.

I mean, it's not like Fernando actually frequently browses here and would make Dog McKagans into legit toys, right? :awesomeface::smiley-confused2::nervous:

anyway as weird as a Dog Mckagan sounds, it's not a completely out of nowhere idea. The concept is based off Rushton Dolls, which have a rubber face and a fabric body, and apparently the Rushton company lasted until the '80s.

Spoiler

0e1dc7540f105d4d0a401b910d587241.jpg

fb3895730819ebaa87b1c6b6841a7d94--vintag

(at least it has a rubber duck face instead of a human one!)

Maybe you'd be more interested in a Duck McKagan instead :awesomeface:

A long while ago, while I was bored, I turned on the TV and there was a cartoon called Yokai-Watch on. And one of the characters was this strange human-faced dog called "Manjimutt"

Spoiler

9jQsYZB.png

And I was wondering why that was there. I did not like that dog, but it was memorable. And it turns out that show was based off Japanese folklore, and one of those folklore include a human-faced dog.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_urban_legend#Jinmenken_("Human-Faced_Dog")

I hope you have had the great pleasure (or amusement) on being disgruntled by seeing a depiction of a human-faced dog like I was. besides, it's Duff's fault for singing "I Wanna Be Your Dog". If he wants to be somebody's dog so much, he gets to be a dog!

Edited by BucketEgg
  • ABSUЯD 1

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

A deluxe big box set 3 disc and cassette and vinyl Chinese Democracy (CD1-CD3) using all three covers for the artwork. And a bonus flash drive shaped like a Chinese AK-47, containing all material from 1998-2014 (or whatever). The bonus flash drive includes, but is not limited to the Sean Beavan mixes, the Roy Thomas Baker mixes, the Andy Wallace mixes, re-recorded AFD, discarded songs of various states of completion (including instrumentals) pre and post Bumblefoot CD2, the CD remix album, and the unused instrumentals, including those submitted by DJ Ashba. This set also includes stickers and magnets of all of the CD era GN'R logos, and copies of the tour books, backstage passes, and the like. There's also a blu-ray of select performances between 2001 and 2014, in addition to complete shows on blu-ray from 2001 (HOB), 2006, 2010, etc. And let's not forget the hidden DVD of the Better video. :) 

All of the above, and more for the modest price of $499.99 :D 

Duff Dog is beautiful.

• Haha 2

I know this thread is fantasy, you know how cooks cook, plumbers plumb, builders build...... why is it so hard for musicians to record music......so the Merch will be a black shirt with the small lettering with the self title album name....... guns n' roses..... And a date of release.

No other merch needed. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ratam said:

Duff Dog is beautiful.

Thanks for appreciating the Duff Dogs :lol:

3 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Split personality disorder?

I remember Axl referencing split personality disorder once. I can confirm that I am not Axl's potential 23rd personality that he mentions in this interview ( https://www.a-4-d.com/t2649-1992-06-dd-musician-shadow-boxing-with-axl-rose  ), as we do not live in the version of the universe where Axl has developed dissociative identity disorder from his severe childhood abuse.

I found these quotes interesting. "I kind of separated from the self I came here with. Man, I did a really good job of putting together a reasonable facsimile of who I thought I was". Although he does not have DID, he does express a sentiment of feeling like he had a fragmented sense of self. This interview with Vicky Hamilton ( https://www.a-4-d.com/t7304-2015-04-08-daily-mail-interview-with-vicky-hamilton ) also mentions the idea of Axl acting like "He has two very distinct personalities - one is a very sweet boy the other is demon dog from hell". And this one here ( https://www.a-4-d.com/t2649-1992-06-dd-musician-shadow-boxing-with-axl-rose again ), talking about the separation between "Billy" (himself as a kid), and Axl. Especially the quote where he says "I did a really good job of putting together a reasonable facsimile of who I thought I was. I was an angry pissed-off person most of the time. At least I was very honest to that.", it makes it sounds like at one point, Axl's sense of self was like broken bunch of mirror fragments, held together by him angrily taping it all together in an attempt to make it make sense again. Some fragments large and reflective, some small and unpowerful, some cold/cool, some sharp and painful. (<- and considering the thread this is in, not a merch product idea! I think that selling "art" consisting of mirrors personally smashed and taped by Axl, who might accidentally cut himself and leave some blood on the glass pieces, would be an even worst merch than a Dog McKagan!)

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Ok, Karice's second profile confirmed :lol:

(Not really. Perhaps you are joking and I have not detected it, but if you insist), I was not addressing your accusations of me being Karice, because it was absurd. We are different people.

Rule seven of the forum rules state "7) Multiple accounts are discouraged and can be banned or disallowed at the discretion of staff. "

And I would reference the Privacy Policy page of the site, if it actually existed. https://www.mygnrforum.com/public/tos.html
But if the site logs people's IP addresses, I assume Karice's location data has a highly likely chance of being very dissimilar to mine. If the site logs other data in a "browser fingerprint", I would also assume that mine and Karice's are different.

The email address in the database would be different.

If you have started seeing Karice in people that aren't Karice, that's on you.

9 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I'd like an official merchandise t shirt or hoody with the current lineup. Everything seems to be Axl, Slash n Duff or the Appetite lineup. 

yeah, the newer current members have been part of the band for over several years! I wonder if they're ever going to be part of the band's imagery in the lithographs and merch and stuff.

Are you disappointed you can never be part of the microphone toss again? Well, we've got news for you!

Introducing the lifesize Axl Rose tosser mannequin!

He can throw far! He can throw high! The mannequin is even ambidextrous!

The tossing fun never end! The mannequin is purely mechanical, so you can relive the moment over and over again, without having to worry about batteries! Set the microphone in the mannequin's hand, lift Axl's shirt at the back to set the timer, wind the arm back to your desired angle, then turn the third dial. Upon turning the third dial, the timer will begin counting down to give you time to stand where you want. When the timer hits zero, the Axl mannequin will send your mic rocketing!

The mannequin's torso can be rotated, so tossing can be done in any direction.

And the tossing fun has only just begun! Mannequin-Axl's grip is adjustable! The fingers can curl to hold on not only the microphone, but other objects too. That's right, you can put a ball in his hand, and your dog could be playing fetch with (a replica) Axl Rose! Just curl the fingers around the object, and switch the latch on the back of the hand to hold the fingers in place. The latch will automatically release and uncurl the fingers during the toss.

Available in young and old versions.

Do you really love creepy excellent looking mannequins? The limited edition version comes with realistic silicone skin, and hair all over his head and body. Look at the eyelashes and leg hair! It looks just like Axl! Also has luxurious glass eyes, and underlying mechanisms to make the face posable, so the eye contact you make with the mannequin before the toss feels extra special. Comes with multiple costumes, so you can mix and match the outfits to make each catch feel unique. Signed microphones only come with this limited edition version!

(Please note that the realistic mannequin is not "anatomically correct". We're not marketing for that kind of tossing! )

Terms of use:
Please do not use the mannequin to catapult bombs, weapons, and other hazards. It is damaging to the Guns N Roses brand to have Axl-lookalikes being used in terrorist and criminal situations.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2022 at 5:13 AM, BucketEgg said:

Are you disappointed you can never be part of the microphone toss again? Well, we've got news for you!

Introducing the lifesize Axl Rose tosser mannequin!

He can throw far! He can throw high! The mannequin is even ambidextrous!

The tossing fun never end! The mannequin is purely mechanical, so you can relive the moment over and over again, without having to worry about batteries! Set the microphone in the mannequin's hand, lift Axl's shirt at the back to set the timer, wind the arm back to your desired angle, then turn the third dial. Upon turning the third dial, the timer will begin counting down to give you time to stand where you want. When the timer hits zero, the Axl mannequin will send your mic rocketing!

The mannequin's torso can be rotated, so tossing can be done in any direction.

And the tossing fun has only just begun! Mannequin-Axl's grip is adjustable! The fingers can curl to hold on not only the microphone, but other objects too. That's right, you can put a ball in his hand, and your dog could be playing fetch with (a replica) Axl Rose! Just curl the fingers around the object, and switch the latch on the back of the hand to hold the fingers in place. The latch will automatically release and uncurl the fingers during the toss.

Available in young and old versions.

Do you really love creepy excellent looking mannequins? The limited edition version comes with realistic silicone skin, and hair all over his head and body. Look at the eyelashes and leg hair! It looks just like Axl! Also has luxurious glass eyes, and underlying mechanisms to make the face posable, so the eye contact you make with the mannequin before the toss feels extra special. Comes with multiple costumes, so you can mix and match the outfits to make each catch feel unique. Signed microphones only come with this limited edition version!

(Please note that the realistic mannequin is not "anatomically correct". We're not marketing for that kind of tossing! )

Terms of use:
Please do not use the mannequin to catapult bombs, weapons, and other hazards. It is damaging to the Guns N Roses brand to have Axl-lookalikes being used in terrorist and criminal situations.

You have way too much spare time on your hands 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy Cundy said:

I want an Axl rose Alexa that just calls me a ‘fuckhead’ and tells me to go home whenever I ask it to do anything. 

Karice, Bucket Egg, and Gunner Gilby are guaranteed the same person haha

I’d buy that!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1