The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 minute ago, BassistSeb said:

Didn't mind the KISS record, thought it was a bit of fun. Would still be interested in hearing the re-recorded Appetite that Axl and co. did in 1999 . In terms of Slash and Duff redoing parts on Chinese, with all the leaks I feel like there's enough alternate Chinese takes out there and there are some amazing solos on the final record so I wouldn't want to hear a version without Bucket. I think the ship sailed a long time ago re releasing stuff from Chinese and the best time to release it was obviously during that era. I'm still interested in hearing the songs that weren't officially released with Slash and Duff's input though, I love Slash's guitar work on Absurd/Silkworms. Whilst Bumble's lead lines are more stylistically in keeping with the song and Slash's bluesy leads shouldn't work, they really do and I feel do raise the song up to as good it'll ever be. 

I'm hoping there'll be a surprise and we'll get a single we weren't expecting. However, I imagine if there was an album's worth of stuff good to go then it'd have come out by now but then this is GN'R, Axl had albums good to go before 2008 and they weren't released so who knows? :lol:

There is no album's worth of stuff good to go ... Slash said we're getting 4-6 songs total and that's it from what Axl had unreleased. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

There is no album's worth of stuff good to go ... Slash said we're getting 4-6 songs total and that's it from what Axl had unreleased. 

Yeah, that's what I figured. I think that'll be it in terms of new music. The time to do an album at the beginning of a reunion like Sabbath and the Pumpkins has passed and I'm not hopeful we'll get stuff from scratch. It seems like Axl just hasn't been interested in writing for a long time and that's that. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2020_Intensions said:

Slash and Duff re-recorded maybe half a dozen songs, but that doesn't mean that's all the CD material that Axl had ready to go. He mentioned almost a decade ago CD2 had been done for a while, and even if you include OMG and Going Down, I doubt the album was only 8 songs. Hopefully most of the CD songs are eventually released on a box set without Slash and Duff...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

What happened to Evaded's mix? It used to be on YouTube?

I think there's probably a few versions up still . People tend to repost things he did from years back. Very talented guy.

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Slash and Duff re-recorded maybe half a dozen songs, but that doesn't mean that's all the CD material that Axl had ready to go. He mentioned almost a decade ago CD2 had been done for a while, and even if you include OMG and Going Down, I doubt the album was only 8 songs. Hopefully most of the CD songs are eventually released on a box set without Slash and Duff...

You misunderstand. If the plan now is only to release 4-6 reworked unreleased ChiDem songs, then that means that everything else that MAY have been previously ready to go (it's still all just speculation, I don't care what Axl said, he's said a lot that never came to be), is no longer ready to go, and is no longer planned on being released. 

13 hours ago, D4NNY said:

Think it was the other way round?

Didn't Axl show up at Slash's door to inform him that Tommy Stinson was spineless and Buckethead was a fraud? 

12 hours ago, rudolf1978 said:

I like chinese democracy how it sounds with the people that worked on that album. If they want to record something i hope is new songs

You have to understand that the nature of the suggestion isn't that it's what I want to see. 

This is an organization that has released a single full length album of original material in nearly 20 years. The idea is to come up with a way for them to release something new without breaking their tradition of not releasing anything new. 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Duwz said:

whats this

I really like the instrumental part. As for the vocals... IMO most of the songs from CD and the locker leaks (beside from "Better" and "Hardskool") aren't as catchy as GNR songs used to be - chorus wise - in the past. 

When is the US leg, August? What are we saying is the most realistic scenario here for Perhaps. I'm saying soundchecked a few more times throughout Europe, massive opening night thread on here with the usual disappointment then it gets played at a random show finally, about 3 or 4 shows in to the leg. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He mentioned almost a decade ago CD2 had been done for a while, and even if you include OMG and Going Down, I doubt the album was only 8 songs. Hopefully most of the CD songs are eventually released on a box set without Slash and Duff...

Wow, this would be heaven. Would definitely pay good money for CD boxset w/out slash + Duff. But will most likely never happen during Axls lifetime. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Someone ask Sp1at wtf is going on.

He spoke the other day about the studio pic  they were listening to mixes from LA could not find out more

At this point it would be nice if they re-tracked Chinese songs, and rest of what was supposed to be released and dropped a surprise.  

Shit as fans we deserve a new double album at this point.  They don’t owe us shit, but we made them rich over the years and have continued to.  I doubt we will ever hear any real from scratch new music from them. It seems to always have been the part that the band struggled with.  With all of the stories it’s a miracle illusions got completed.