The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

With all the hype the general has gotten, I’m expecting a virtuosic 25 minute epic with full orchestra and choir along the lines of Octavarium. Knowing the band, we will probably get a 2 and a half minute half decent straight forward rock song. Not that I have a problem with it, but there is no way it can live up to expectations 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gunnerfucker said:

Now that the technology is there, maybe Axl could lay down vocals and IA them to sound like 1993 :P

Now that the technology is there, Axl can make 100 new songs. Talk about them and then never release them.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

Would be nice to get Perhaps, Atlas, and The General all at once in an EP.

Perhaps is a fun track, but a weak single. The soundcheck from yesterday shows it’s still very much the same song as the Village Leak too. If the idea is for an upcoming release to sell tickets in the US, they’ll need to drop something like this, all at once, for sure.

Edited by sofine11

10 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

When is the US leg, August? What are we saying is the most realistic scenario here for Perhaps. I'm saying soundchecked a few more times throughout Europe, massive opening night thread on here with the usual disappointment then it gets played at a random show finally, about 3 or 4 shows in to the leg. 

This is exactly what I’d say happens. Then if they do a 2nd single it’ll be like 2 shows away from the end.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I don't get this "Pele was right" trend going on. Did anyone here actually think that Perhaps would have a lot of different vocals? And how does The General fit on this, since it wasn't recorded in 1999? 

Pele didn't came up with the idea that those Village tracks would reappear with the same vocals - that's basically what happened throughout the CD album. And why would Axl rerecord the vocals anyways? 

Again, as many already said, Pele wasn't entirely wrong, but wasn't entirely right either. He just used common sense to try to pass it as he was some sort of an insider. And he did that in every single thread, regardless if it was about new songs or not. That's just spam in my books. 

It's moreso the fact that they got banned off here for ultimately being correct in how GNR would evolve over the coming years. Plus, it's always fun to stir the pot here and there 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

It's moreso the fact that they got banned off here for ultimately being correct in how GNR would evolve over the coming years. Plus, it's always fun to stir the pot here and there 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve said this before: Pele got banned because he said he was glad Taylor Hawkins is dead and that he deserved to die. The mods wiped away his posts in the RIP Taylor thread, so the evidence is gone. That said, they were probably getting sick of his shit anyways and just waiting for any valid reason to ban him.

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

If they’re not dropping the entire EP at once, it’d be awfully cool if they threw everyone for a loop and dropped The General first.

We all thought HS was coming first and then Absurd came outta nowhere, so you never know!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

9 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’ve said this before: Pele got banned because he said he was glad Taylor Hawkins is dead and that he deserved to die. The mods wiped away his posts in the RIP Taylor thread, so the evidence is gone.

I wasn't aware of that in fairness, mods wiping things doesn't help with that but nevermind. 

Still, he wasn't exactly wrong with the other stuff 

1 hour ago, betterman said:

What do we think of credits for perhaps

Piano- Axl (or Dizzy?)

Guitars - Fortus and Slash. Slash solo

Bass - Duff

Keys - dizzy/Melissa

Drums- Frank?

Vocals - Axl

Guitars - Slash & Richard

Bass - Duff

Keys - Dizzy & Chris

Drums - Brain 

I don't think that Mel will be on any of the CD leftovers. I mean, they left Pitman's synths on Absurd as well.

Just now, Sosso said:

Vocals - Axl

Guitars - Slash & Richard

Bass - Duff

Keys - Dizzy & Chris

Drums - Brain 

I don't think that Mel will be on any of the CD leftovers. I mean, they left Pitman's synths on Absurd as well.

Wasnt there a press statement confirming that she redid all of Pitman’s parts on HS and Absurd?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I just realized something…

Back when they were teasing us with Hard Skool soundchecks for two years I kept saying on here for every show “come on Axl, hard school me in the ass tonight.”

Do I need to do something similar for Perhaps? In order to will it into existence?

If so: Come on Axl, Perhaps me in this ass this Friday night.

That's hilarious. The last time there was anything major, like the leaks and the last 2 singles, I was out of town and did not discover until later in the weekend. I'm going out of town this weekend, so fingers crossed. If one of the singles is released, you're welcome!

• Like 1

Imagine they confused everyone and dropped an EP of Dragon, Broken, all I ever wanted and the regge song brain played rtb lol

Edited by Shacklermyrye