The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

Thursdays a great day to debut perhaps then releasing it at midnight

This would raise ticket sales for US then release the general mid US tour

Then, if this band were normal, they’d release an EP with two live tracks + the two new songs.

they done it with HardSkool, they can do it again 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Well that quote is ages ago now...more studio time could be to add guitar to 2 or 3 more and suddenly we have a 10 track album....maybe (although unlikely) they decided to do that and put that out sometime this year....I mean Axl is unusually motivated...perhaps more chatty and genuinely happy than any reunion period, like a weight lifted...has he got a new sqeeze?  

Ages ago? It hasn't even been a year dude lol ... That Slash quote is from an article published in October of last year ...

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Because Slash also said we could get an album's worth of material. So who are we to trust Slash or Slash? 

Besides, I look more long-term on this. At some point I am sure we will get all that exists. 

What interview are you referring to about an album? That only thing I've seen him say about an album is that the 4-6 ChiDem songs will be released altogether after they're all released separately, and that any work on a new album would begin after the '23 tour. So not really sure what point you're trying to make ... My point stands

Maybe I am dreaming or I am high but in the Instagram video from yesterday there was also a song starting with So, probably It's Sorry but looking at how the R are written in other songs it does not seem to me an R, more like an U, I don't know if somebody saw the same as me😅

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Maybe I am dreaming or I am high but in the Instagram video from yesterday there was also a song starting with So, probably It's Sorry but looking at how the R are written in other songs it does not seem to me an R, more like an U, I don't know if somebody saw the same as me😅

Can you post an image?

56 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

We talked about that too, Slash didn't need GnR in order to pay for the divorce.

Certainly doesn’t hurt though. Whether he needs it or not isn’t even relevant. The timing speaks for itself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, metalavenger99 said:

Yeah, but it sounds more like a weird clavichord keyboard to me 

I think it could be Pitman on the mellotron. He also used the same instrument on another CD song (TWAT or SoD)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I think it could be Pitman on the mellotron. He also used the same instrument on another CD song (TWAT or SoD)

That's what I thought. It's an homage to the Beatles-esque nature of the song. IMO, the sitar effect doesn't really capture this sound and would sound off in Atlas. I still think Richard was talking about other song (The General or anything else besides Perhaps).

44 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Ages ago? It hasn't even been a year dude lol ... That Slash quote is from an article published in October of last year ...

That is a long time to get something going in any normal working unit dude!! Plus they had been finished for ages by then...rockstar aren't always the best with numbers and Slash especially....I think we're putting too much stock into how many they did, he did say himself after the initial offer of a number, "I can't really remember how many we did in the end" (paraphrasing) and nothing to say he hasn't done more since. Studio shots could back that up...we know from the engineers posts, at the very least it's GNR related. One day we WILL know. It's just when IS that day...then we can all shut up for 5 minutes 🤪

Edited by colonizedmind

3 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

It just becomes more and more apparent the more you think about it, plus given the now announced plans for the unreleased ChiDem material .... That the 2008 album was a "best of" collection  and the trilogy idea for reasons we may never know was completely scrapped. 

The 2008 album was certainly not the best of the collection between the 2-3 albums worth of material. Axl himself said the follow-up was planned the following year (2009). Why would they put all their best eggs in one basket? The answer is they didn't. The Village leaks support this as well. Hardschool and Perhaps (and Atlas, arguably) are better than a number of songs from the 2008 album, IMO, and that's not counting the amazing instrumentals that were eventually completed with vocals by the time the 2008 album was out. The 2008 album was described (accurately, in my opinion) as a sampler of what type of and level of quality of material that wasn't on the first new GN'R album. Furthermore, Baz said Axl said The General fits a subsequent album lyrically, back when he planned on releasing three albums, the third one in 2012. (Wouldn't that have been nice)

Hopefully the NITL lineup doesn't take the A list songs we have yet to hear (officially) and make them into B list songs or worse. Hopefully they figured it out after their butcher job on Hard Skool, and IMO to a lesser extent, Absurd. Aside from the poor mix, I think Absurd was pretty good, given it's Silkworms. I wish they kept HS closer to the Village mix.

My naïve self assumed they would keep the instrumentals close to how they were pre-NITL, and have Slash record a solo here and there, keeping the best of Robin and Bucket, and other leads, instead of re-working the songs significantly or completely. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

I mean, 90% it's bullshit, but damn, this guy knows how to bullshit. :bucket:

I'm intrigued how the The General, Soul Monster and Seven (which Beltrami consired the best of the three), the three most hyped unreleased tracks, would stack against TWAT. Say, I find Perhaps a notch below TWAT, but on the same level of the other of the top 5 Chinese songs, which, for me, are TWAT, Prosty, Sorry, Catcher and Better. Were people hyping TWAT before it was leaked? Because they should have been. lol

Edited by CaioAKR

18 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

That is a long time to get something going in any normal working unit dude!! Plus they had been finished for ages by then...rockstar aren't always the best with numbers and Slash especially....I think we're putting too much stock into how many they did, he did say himself after the initial offer of a number, "I can't really remember how many we did in the end" (paraphrasing) and nothing to say he hasn't done more since. Studio shots could back that up...we know from the engineers posts, at the very least it's GNR related. One day we WILL know. It's just when IS that day...then we can all shut up for 5 minutes 🤪

He specifically said we're getting 4-6 songs and that's it. There is no room for error or speculation in that. It's not that hard.

• Like 1

Guy is just repeating random stuff that is already out there. The "In This Grave" title along with the "They say the stars don't look the same" lyric were posted by @youthinkso over a decade ago. Who the fuck knows if they're accurate or not. In This Grave was never implied to be Soul Monster though, or even that the title and lyrics were from the same song. The stuff about Beltrami adding orchestration and Axl recording it on a Christmas eve is also already known information. This troll can't even come up with anything original.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

He specifically said we're getting 4-6 songs and that's it. There is no room for error or speculation in that. It's not that hard.

I know probably hasn't, this band teaches us that...but their logic has invaded our hopes....are you really saying that nothing could of changed since October.... and we do have some potential evidence things are still being worked on now....

15 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

The 2008 album was certainly not the best of the collection between the 2-3 albums worth of material. Axl himself said the follow-up was planned the following year (2009). Why would they put all their best eggs in one basket? The answer is they didn't. The Village leaks support this as well. Hardschool and Perhaps (and Atlas, arguably) are better than a number of songs from the 2008 album, IMO, and that's not counting the amazing instrumentals that were eventually completed with vocals by the time the 2008 album was out. The 2008 album was described (accurately, in my opinion) as a sampler of what type of and level of quality of material that wasn't on the first new GN'R album. Furthermore, Baz said Axl said The General fits a subsequent album lyrically, back when he planned on releasing three albums, the third one in 2012. (Wouldn't that have been nice)

Hopefully the NITL lineup doesn't take the A list songs we have yet to hear (officially) and make them into B list songs or worse. Hopefully they figured it out after their butcher job on Hard Skool, and IMO to a lesser extent, Absurd. Aside from the poor mix, I think Absurd was pretty good, given it's Silkworms. I wish they kept HS closer to the Village mix.

My naïve self assumed they would keep the instrumentals close to how they were pre-NITL, and have Slash record a solo here and there, keeping the best of Robin and Bucket, and other leads, instead of re-working the songs significantly or completely. 

The amazing instrumentals that were eventually completed with vocals, huh? Which ones are those? Because as of today, there is no actual evidence that those songs exist in the way you describe them! 

And what do you mean hopefully they figured it out? Slash and Duff did the other 2-4 songs at the same time they did Hardschool and Absurd. They wont be going back into a studio to work on ChiDem songs anymore. They picked 4-6 to do and did them years ago. 

4 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I know probably hasn't, this band teaches us that...but their logic has invaded our hopes....are you really saying that nothing could of changed since October.... and we do have some potential evidence things are still being worked on now....

The only thing that could have changed since then is that we'll get less music released than planned, certainly not more.