The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I think that's all we've ever heard about that song. Probable a working title :D And of course possible Chris was just joking. 

It's the only info I ever found on it. There is a chance it's a joke I think, probably somthing thats been renamed

40 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

I'm relistening to the Village Sessions and something came to my attention. Zodiac is the only instrumental marked as "no vox". What if that means there were already vocals for Zodiac, but they weren't added in these sessions yet?

That's what most seem to believe. 

• GNFNR 2

41 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

I'm relistening to the Village Sessions and something came to my attention. Zodiac is the only instrumental marked as "no vox". What if that means there were already vocals for Zodiac, but they weren't added in these sessions yet?

Absolutely, the song is too well structured for a vocal track to just be an instrumental demo, with the locker stuff we were probably one disc away from having a version with vocals:angry:

• ABSUЯD 1

19 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That's what most seem to believe. 

Makes sense. I've probably forgotten about it. 

Other random thoughts:

I know it's a reach, but I always had the feeling Dummy is Seven. It kinda fits the description (something like a beautiful balad with a "melt-your-face" chours) and I could see it orchestrated and made one of the Big Guns.

Oklahoma/Berlin HAS TO have lyrics/vocals. It just doesn't make sense for it not to. It's an Axl song and it's not even piano-driven, which means he very probably developed a vocal line for it.

Prom Violence seems very suspicious being the only other song in the same session as Better. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into something else.

Billionaire does have some orchestration similar to The General. I remenber it's been brought up when it leaked and I agree. Don't know what to make of it, but there it is.

I also can hear where "leave me alone" fits in Elvis. Probably just because I really want to hear it, but you never know. lol

Curly Shuffle is very cool and really feels like a well-realised song. Also wouldn't surprise if it turned into something else. It also has a beautiful solo.

Edited by CaioAKR
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

Billionaire does have some orchestration similar to The General. I remenber it's been brought up when it leaked and I agree. Don't know what to make of it, but there it is.

Lol i just heard it and yes, what a weird track, sounds like it's just part of a bigger song.

And i believe i read at gnrevo that Circus Maximus could be Seven, since Seven was inspired (?) by Ben Hur, which was filmed at Circus Maximus.  Maybe the one we have was a was a very, very early demo idea of Seven.

• GNFNR 2

It's all speculation. But it is not unlikely that Leave Me Alone (Soul Monster), Seven and/or The General started off as any other the songs on the Locker leaks with different working titles. But also keep in mind that a song like Scraped has no obvious relation to any of the Locker leaks songs, so the band continued making new songs, so there doesn't have to be a relation. Also, Seven/The General and Leave Me Alone are known because Beltrami mentioned them, and those are simply the songs he got to add orchestration to, it is not unlikely that other of the songs were worked on but without adding orchestration.

I am curious about Ides of March, one of the oldest songs. Is that found on the Locker leaks but with a different name? Dave Dominguez mentioned that it was called Ides of March in 1998 and he believed they kept the name, but he could be wrong. It could even be the early name of one of the songs released on Chinese Democracy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

Lol i just heard it and yes, what a weird track, sounds like it's just part of a bigger song.

And i believe i read at gnrevo that Circus Maximus could be Seven, since Seven was inspired (?) by Ben Hur, which was filmed at Circus Maximus.  Maybe the one we have was a was a very, very early demo idea of Seven.

Yeah, Billionaire is definitely not a full song, but it might have become part of The General, dunno. And yeah, I could also see Circus Maximus as something similar for Seven, though I don't know anything about Seven (which I suppose is the David Fincher movie, right?) being inspired by Ben-Hur.

This band does things to my anxiety. :axl:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CaioAKR said:

Yeah, Billionaire is definitely not a full song, but it might have become part of The General, dunno. And yeah, I could also see Circus Maximus as something similar for Seven, though I don't know anything about Seven (which I suppose is the David Fincher movie, right?) being inspired by Ben-Hur.

This band does things to my anxiety. :axl:

0:55 - 1:20 

"We called it Seven"

credits to : @Shacklermyrye haha

Edited by metalavenger99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CaioAKR said:

On Hardschool it's marked Nu Ax. I always wondered if that meant the vocals were replacing an older vocal take. I dont think it says that on any of the other songs with vocals and the track is thought to be older

4 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

@metalavenger99 There's quite a lot of info on that clip for 2 min. I might go listen to that full episode actually.

Me too, i love to feel that i'm connecting little clues by reading interviews and checking old threads on forums at 3AM! Not worth it so much when i feel like shit the next morning though :thumbsup:

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

23 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

0:55 - 1:20 

"We called it Seven"

credits to : @Shacklermyrye haha

Oh right, I remenber hearing this clip and part about the general, but had forgotten about the Seven bit. So the song itself samples Ben Hur. Dunno if it's Circus Maximus or not, but this song sounds so intriguing from all the different descriptions. It's hard to put them all together. The General, Soul Monster and Seven really are the Holy Grail for me.

9 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

On Hardschool it's marked Nu Ax. I always wondered if that meant the vocals were replacing an older vocal take. I dont think it says that on any of the other songs with vocals and the track is thought to be older

Yeah, that's how I interpret it. 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, that's how I interpret it. 

If it really was meant to be on that Jackie Chan movie in 98 then I'd assume there had to be an old vocal take.  David Dominguez started with them at the begining of 98 when they went into Rumbo. Yet he also said that Oklahoma and Ides Of March were the most complete at the time he was there.

Obviously Hardschool would have to be in a complete state to be on the movie in 98, therefore the song has to be pre 98, which Slash I think hinted at by mentioning how it had history.

35 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

When you just take a moment to think about it, it's absolutely ludicrous. One song. 

Rehearsed, ready to play, ready to release....yet nothing. For a whole tour.  It's sort of funny in some ways, but in other ways, just absolute madness how much thought and debate has gone on here and elsewhere about just one song. 

If we all took a step back from our fandom and consider that, it's mind boggling. 

Plus a song or two had been promised already for last year's summer. And not only didn't anything happen, but it hasn't been officially commented ever since. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Plus a song or two had been promised already for last year's summer. And not only didn't anything happen, but it hasn't been officially commented ever since. 

a full album was promised by Axl himself to come out in 2006 in the Trunk interview and as we all know it took 2 years for that to actually happen. 

I think the conclusion is that it really is a case of until unreleased Gn'R tunes are actually released, the time of release can always change/get delayed by Axl for reasons beyond our understanding. 

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1