The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

Just now, Spoon87 said:

So that's like the closest to Axl himself we got so far regarding updates on new stuff right? 

He definitely knows what is happening. But ultimately it all stands and falls with Axl, and things can still go awry. But I trust what he says: The band is planning to release a single and it will happen very, very soon. As for working on new music, I don't know, Tom probably knows there are people wanting to do that in the band but whether it will happen is anyone's guess. For now, I think we should forget about new music and just be happy Tom confirm that at least one more single is coming.

• Like 4

Just now, Tom2112 said:

Right before his 35th anniversary and he's going to be fired... that's rough😜

But seriously that's a breath of fresh air hearing clearly laid out plans... maybe he should be tour manager AND band manager

If Axl wanted the crew to talk about the band's plan of releasing new music, then I think we would have heard it from Team Brazil. Speaking out of turn is probably not very welcomed, and will not make you last long as Band Manager (nor Tour Manager). Still, I suspect Tom's position in the crew is pretty rock solid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

He definitely knows what is happening. But ultimately it all stands and falls with Axl, and things can still go awry. But I trust what he says: The band is planning to release a single and it will happen very, very soon. As for working on new music, I don't know, Tom probably knows there are people wanting to do that in the band but whether it will happen is anyone's guess. For now, I think we should forget about new music and just be happy Tom confirm that at least one more single is coming.

He kinda confirms than more than one single is coming he said there is stuff already recorded and should be out soon, refering in total, and after that he said about the single very soon, so in my opinion that means one song very very soon and something more 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

From the third clip:

Tom Mayhue: "It's a lot more kind of Appetite orientated. They had a lot of songs - when the band went in originally and recorded Appetite for Destruction, I think they recorded, like, 29 songs. So there's a bunch of... a lot of music that was left over that didn't make the first record. I think there's only 11 songs on the first record".

I wonder what he's referring to here. New music? Something else? It's also an odd thing to say, since, as far as we know, what was left off Appetite was used on UYI.

Maybe they're redoing stuff like Just another Sunday after all. 

• Wow 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

20 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

If Axl wanted the crew to talk about the band's plan of releasing new music, then I think we would have heard it from Team Brazil. Speaking out of turn is probably not very welcomed, and will not make you last long as Band Manager (nor Tour Manager). Still, I suspect Tom's position in the crew is pretty rock solid.

I Guess he knows Axl pretty well. He has been with Axl in Bad and good times. Always present. I think he knows the boundaries of what he can or he cannot say.

It was part of a tour that he Made for fans with one of those VIP tickets in France Yesterday.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

He has been the tour manager for 30+ years now. He knows his shit

Not tour manager, but he's been Axl's vocal/mic tech for more than 35 years and I think stage manager, too. Probably the oldest and longest serving crew member.

• Thanks 2

We literally already knew this already. Mayhue has given us no new information. Slash said they recorded at least 4-6 ChiDem songs and that they would be coming out in batches of 1-2 at a time ... They've been rehearsing Perhaps so obviously that's going to be one of the next ones to come out ... Slash said after the tour they were going to start working on new music .... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

From the third clip:

Tom Mayhue: "It's a lot more kind of Appetite orientated. They had a lot of songs - when the band went in originally and recorded Appetite for Destruction, I think they recorded, like, 29 songs. So there's a bunch of... a lot of music that was left over that didn't make the first record. I think there's only 11 songs on the first record".

I wonder what he's referring to here. New music? Something else? It's also an odd thing to say, since, as far as we know, what was left off Appetite was used on UYI.

''It's a lot more kind of Appetite orientated'' I think could be the material already recorded but I think this does not fit what we have heard from the leaks.

Also the fact he talks about 29 songs recorded in the Appetite era, wow I didn't know about that

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

From the third clip:

I honestly think he might be meaning the CD stuff. Really the only thing I can think of as there's nothing left from AFD.

• Like 4

Well at the least it sounds like there's more to it than Slash's initial 4-6. 

Implies we might get a new single in the next week or two (Perhaps, perhaps) and then they've been working on other stuff that they'll get finished or whatever next year. God knows what form the latter is though.. is it new.. is it old recordings.

In any case, it's the most we've got about actual plans in a while.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, novemberparadise23 said:

I believe the new information was “ single out any day now” I don’t think anyone has said that or else I missed it. We have all thought something was coming soon and duff said news would come “soon”. But to my knowledge nobody said a single was coming in a few days 

I agree with the rest of what you said that the rest is older information. I think the refreshing part is he isn’t being cryptic or vague. 

Plus it's someone really close to the man himself (and not part of TB). 

• Like 3