The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

8 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

''It's a lot more kind of Appetite orientated'' I think could be the material already recorded but I think this does not fit what we have heard from the leaks.

Also the fact he talks about 29 songs recorded in the Appetite era, wow I didn't know about that

Maybe he's a bit off with the number, but we know for a fact (we have the demos, even officially released on the AFD boxset) that Lies and a few songs on UYI date from the AFD era.

6 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Well at the least it sounds like there's more to it than Slash's initial 4-6. 

Implies we might get a new single in the next week or two (Perhaps, perhaps) and then they've been working on other stuff that they'll get finished or whatever next year. God knows what form the latter is though.. is it new.. is it old recordings.

In any case, it's the most we've got about actual plans in a while.

No, I don't think so. 4-6 songs is a lot for a band that has only released 2 new songs in almost 15 years ... And has released less than 20 in 30 years ....

There's NO WAY that someone in Tom's position, with his tenure with the band, is speaking out of turn.  Yes, its odd to hear that sort of information from a member of the crew (albeit an important member), but this band doesn't do anything in typical fashion.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, novemberparadise23 said:

I believe the new information was “ single out any day now” I don’t think anyone has said that or else I missed it. We have all thought something was coming soon and duff said news would come “soon”. But to my knowledge nobody said a single was coming in a few days 

I agree with the rest of what you said that the rest is older information. I think the refreshing part is he isn’t being cryptic or vague. 

Yeah, single out any day now, is the same as anything else we've heard from others. Just add it to the list. It'll be out when it comes out. The track record unfortunately makes me not believe Mayhue. I wouldn't even believe Axl if he came out and said it. 

16 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I honestly think he might be meaning the CD stuff. Really the only thing I can think of as there's nothing left from AFD.

Possibly also stuff from 1994-96. We know that there's material from that era, too, although probably incomplete.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

No, I don't think so. 4-6 songs is a lot for a band that has only released 2 new songs in almost 15 years ... And has released less than 20 in 30 years ....

Yeah but we know the 4-6 has already been done. So seems to me like it's something different to that next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Someone ask him if Buckethead is expected to be on any of the new material. ;) 

Maybe he was thinking of the DJ Ashba demos that were submitted to Axl that were more AFD sounding. :D 

Pretty sure all those songs got turned into Prayers for Damned/ Blessed by Sixx AM.

Just now, Sweersa said:

Do you think the initial CD lineup re-recording AFD may have somehow prompted his comment or confusion? 

Maybe!

• Wow 1

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I agree that he’s probably confusing AFD for CD or the 1996 sessions. Either that or he’s talking about songs like Crash Diet, etc.

I really don't know what he means but I absolutely can't picture anyone on earth confusing AFD with CD, especially not somebody like him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Do you think the initial CD lineup re-recording AFD may have somehow prompted his comment or confusion? 

I think the confusion is due to the fact that he's worked with the band mainly while on tour, so he doesn't know details about studio sessions.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

From the third clip:

Tom Mayhue: "It's a lot more kind of Appetite orientated. They had a lot of songs - when the band went in originally and recorded Appetite for Destruction, I think they recorded, like, 29 songs. So there's a bunch of... a lot of music that was left over that didn't make the first record. I think there's only 11 songs on the first record".

I wonder what he's referring to here. New music? Something else? It's also an odd thing to say, since, as far as we know, what was left off Appetite was used on UYI.

Yeah I think he's referring to the songs that went to UYI from the AFD era. But... It would be kinda cool if there was so e good unheard AFD era songs still to be discovered and released... I think they would have materialised on the boxset or that Slash/Duff/Steven would have mentioned them in the last 30yrs though, and that they'd have played them live in the club days at the very least

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, batatadoce said:

"where is home for you?"

the question we all needed when someone is describing new music

13 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

There's always someone asking dumb questions

Don't you hate it when that happens? So annoying. Like dude shut up, we want to hear about the new music.

• Like 4