The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

4 hours ago, Lelex95 said:

To be fair he never confirmed that no new album is coming, he actually said he would like to work on new stuff after the tour. 

I don't think we are getting a new album but I can't see how Slash confirmed no new album is coming.

He literally said they have not worked on any new music and only a handful (4-6) of old ChiDem leftovers .... There is no new album 

3 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I don’t know why the majority of ya keep thinking there’s going to be a song dropped at midnight on a Friday. What do you think it’s like Cinderella?  You think the good witch is there telling Axl he has until midnight Friday to drop a new song or else he’s gonna be broke and back on a farm in Indiana? 

Jesus Christ people. 

It's every fucking day and every fucking week here with these people ..... Every fucking night is another "missed opportunity" or "really felt like it was coming tonight" ... It's fucking maddening 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

It's every fucking day and every fucking week here with these people ..... Every fucking night is another "missed opportunity" or "really felt like it was coming tonight" ... It's fucking maddening 

To be fair, it did seem very likely at one point a few weeks ago. 

Now, I think that's gone and it's done for the foreseeable future. You can't blame people for hoping though! Most of us here aren't naive when it comes to GNR.....but it was looking very promising until recently. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

To be fair, it did seem very likely at one point a few weeks ago. 

Now, I think that's gone and it's done for the foreseeable future. You can't blame people for hoping though! Most of us here aren't naive when it comes to GNR.....but it was looking very promising until recently. 

Didn't Duff say maybe news in a couple of weeks? That's maybe not. 

33 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

He literally said they have not worked on any new music and only a handful (4-6) of old ChiDem leftovers .... There is no new album 

It doesn't mean that they won't. 

Look I'm not saying g they will but to say that Slash confirmed that there is no new album is just false. 

In fact he said he wanted to work on new music. 

Again, I'm not saying we're getting a new album, not even so sure about new singles, but Slash never said "there is no new album". 

12 minutes ago, Lelex95 said:

It doesn't mean that they won't. 

Look I'm not saying g they will but to say that Slash confirmed that there is no new album is just false. 

In fact he said he wanted to work on new music. 

Again, I'm not saying we're getting a new album, not even so sure about new singles, but Slash never said "there is no new album". 

You are completely misunderstanding what I'm saying. Saying he wants to work on new music doesn't mean I'm saying there will NEVER be a new album. What I'm saying is right now, there is no new album that could be released. So constantly thinking there could be a surprise drop is 100% impossible, because THERE IS NO NEW ALBUM for fucks sake 

• Like 1

I’ve lost faith in these two songs dropping. The fact that they stopped soundchecking Perhaps is a terrible sign. 

I guess “plans changed” again. 

I really do hate being a fan of this band. 

Make it make sense. 

At this point, the hoarders need to leak the rest of whatever is out there, because it’s the only way that we’re going to get anything “new.”

I’d be more than happy to be wrong about all of this, for the record. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nick85 said:

It’s absolutely incredible how this fucking band conjures new ways to be this fucking disappointing. 

And how they treat any rumblings about new music like they’re nuclear secrets and have everything scrubbed form the internet, because God forbid the fans have something to get excited about. 

Team Brazil can kiss my ass. All of the blame for that falls on them. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

29 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

You are completely misunderstanding what I'm saying. Saying he wants to work on new music doesn't mean I'm saying there will NEVER be a new album. What I'm saying is right now, there is no new album that could be released. So constantly thinking there could be a surprise drop is 100% impossible, because THERE IS NO NEW ALBUM for fucks sake 

Oh yeah, that i agree 100%

Jesus christ you all sound like you want to slit your wrists or something. Its a band, and Perhaps is a song you already have. Just because it hasn't come out doesnt mean it never will. But it's also not written in stone that it ever will either, and if it doesn't then that isn't the end of the world. All of the other songs you like will still be there.

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Perhaps will be a B-side. Of The General. Source: trust me, bro.

B-sides haven't been a thing since Perhaps was written 47 years ago :lol:

45 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

I’ve lost faith in these two songs dropping. The fact that they stopped soundchecking Perhaps is a terrible sign. 

I guess “plans changed” again. 

I really do hate being a fan of this band. 

Make it make sense. 

At this point, the hoarders need to leak the rest of whatever is out there, because it’s the only way that we’re going to get anything “new.”

I’d be more than happy to be wrong about all of this, for the record. 

Maybe...or they didn't like the fact folk were recording them and putting them on YT...like all the other new music articles/photos, LOCKED DOWN! It is tres frustrating but bread and butter here. It exists, its probably mixed and ready, they've soundchecked, they acknowledged it "we'd like to play Perhaps soon..." They've winked, they've hinted...even from someone a tad more credible like Duff. It's coming....sometime for sure. Just when?...it's with the rock gods...and Axl's mojo...

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I think if you type this in this thread 500 hundred more times people might bend to your every whim.

• Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

Do we know for sure that soundchecking is the only practice this band does? I'm a little confused why Perhaps not getting soundchecked anymore is a bad sign, especially since I'm sure the band's team is aware someone was able to get a very good instrumental recording of it last month.

Also, Foo Fighters soundchecked the title track from their new album seven times in a row last month, and it still hasn't been performed outside of their first show back in May. Apples to oranges, but using soundchecks as a definitive answer of something happening/not happening feels like a really weak link.

• Like 2