The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

11 hours ago, melonart said:

Well, I’m happy if GNR gets new music out someday, but I won’t wait it eagerly. 

For all who are kind of demanding new music I have one question: How much have you spent on music lately?

I still buy music, but most people want their music free and I completely understand if the band doesn’t see a point in releasing stuff.

I would hope GNR releases music for the same reason all bands do - money is part of the equation in the music industry no doubt but artists make music because that is what artists do, they create art for people to get meaningful interactions from

Most other bands in the world who are still active, are finding motivations to still release music so for GNR, saying there is no point to anymore because the business model has changed, would be a pretty silly cop-out if they ever gave that excuse

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I would hope GNR releases music for the same reason all bands do - money is part of the equation in the music industry no doubt but artists make music because that is what artists do, they create art for people to get meaningful interactions from

Most other bands in the world who are still active, are finding motivations to still release music so for GNR, saying there is no point to anymore because the business model has changed, would be a pretty silly cop-out if they ever gave that excuse

Right? I always love how people make excuses for GNR not releasing new music, while other bands normally do it, because, well, that’s what bands are supposed to do. 
It’s nice to see a gig, but you want to have something to listen to at home. I mean, that is the final product. If you’re a writer, you don’t just do public readings, you also publish the actual books, don’t you. What a no-brainer. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, melonart said:

Well, if you are fed up paying for the same shit over and over then stop. Don’t go to gigs, but it seems like touring is what GNR wants to do at the moment and what also is financially profitable. 

Why do some of you feel the need to tell other what to do, i did stop buying the same shit over and over but I did jump on the hs LP so i think that ill keep complaining about the la k of new music and buying anything new as soon as it comes out.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Right? I always love how people make excuses for GNR not releasing new music, while other bands normally do it, because, well, that’s what bands are supposed to do. 
It’s nice to see a gig, but you want to have something to listen to at home. I mean, that is the final product. If you’re a writer, you don’t just do public readings, you also publish the actual books, don’t you. What a no-brainer. 

Many bands stop releasing new music and just continue touring (if they have the audiences) or break up. There is nothing dramatic about this, it is quite common. Fortunately for us, GN'R is not such a band. Well, not entirely, since they do the odd release now and then, whether it is singles that most haven't heard (like Shadow of Your Love or Hard Skool) or live music (like old UYI era shows or more recent shows). We all would like them to release more but it doesn't make sense to paint GN'R as some weird anomaly in the world of music because they focus on touring.

Edited by SoulMonster

21 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Many bands stop releasing new music and just continue touring (if they have the audiences) or break up. There is nothing dramatic about this, it is quite common. Fortunately for us, GN'R is not such a band. Well, not entirely, since they do the odd release now and then, whether it is singles that most haven't heard (like Shadow of Your Love or Hard Skool) or live music (like old UYI era shows or more recent shows). We all would like them to release more but it doesn't make sense to paint GN'R as some weird anomaly in the world of music because they focus on touring.

Sure, but many bands in GNR’s tier don’t tease new music for years. And they communicate with the fans normally. But yeah, you can always choose a suitable personal view from which you wanna look at things. I don’t think what this particular band exactly needs is a lot of apologetics, though. 

• Like 1

Just now, jamillos said:

Sure, but many bands in GNR’s tier don’t tease new music for years. And they communicate with the fans normally. But yeah, you can always choose a suitable personal view from which you wanna look at things. I don’t think what this particular band exactly needs is a lot of apologetics, though. 

The band doesn't need anything, they do just fine. The fanbase, on the other hand, definitely need someone to put things in perspective when it is starting to unravel at the seems over something as trivial as a band that doesn't release much music. I wouldn't call it being an apologetic, though. 

And although not releasing much music is entirely normal, the communication is truly piss poor :lol:

• GNFNR 1

36 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The band doesn't need anything, they do just fine. The fanbase, on the other hand, definitely need someone to put things in perspective when it is starting to unravel at the seems over something as trivial as a band that doesn't release much music. I wouldn't call it being an apologetic, though. 

And although not releasing much music is entirely normal, the communication is truly piss poor :lol:

It's not the fanbase though, it's a tiny handful of us on here. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

Well that’s where I have a really hard time giving Axl the benefit of the doubt.

I just have a hard time believing that every other major artist seems to be able to work with the label and get their product on the shelves, but for Axl they make it too difficult.

I’m sure everything was a mess for Chinese Democracy, and I’m sure a lot of that had to with Axl and GNR management.

I mean, look at the way Universal has handled Perhaps 

Now add in all the lawsuits, and the Dr pepper mess, and the best buy mess and not knowing how to promote it and the alt covers not coming out and all the headaches and that Axl had to deal with for that album.  

I'm not saying it's exclusively the label, but look how many producers he went thru and musicians and everything too.  I think he just got fed up with everything.  And then when the album finally did come out it wasn't received very well. Critically it did ok, and it did sell over 2 mil which really isn't bad, but it didn't debut at #1.  It definitely did not get the reception Axl was hoping for.

So idk if he just wonders what's the point anymore?  Or he doesn't want to go thru that process again. Or it's just a case of him taking his ball and going home.  Idk.

But I think if he still wanted to be making albums he would be 

8 hours ago, DingBat said:

No, I've never been banned. Just a long time lurker. 

What kind of loser judges people on how many posts they have?

What's next? Call me a noob?

Well, apparently what's next is you sending me abuse via a DM message. 

Deeply odd to register, post twice, both hurling abuse at me for some unknown reason, then send a private message also firing abuse. 

I think it's absolutely fair to judge you based on that pathetic behaviour, rather than how many posts you've made. 

Edited by allwaystired

When it comes to Chinese Democracy, it turns 15 this year, do you think some kind of anniversary re-release will happen? 

Personally I think they might, just so they can have all their main albums re-released within a close time period. 

Or do you think we're gonna have to wait another ten years? :D

36 minutes ago, Maystar said:

When it comes to Chinese Democracy, it turns 15 this year, do you think some kind of anniversary re-release will happen? 

Personally I think they might, just so they can have all their main albums re-released within a close time period. 

Or do you think we're gonna have to wait another ten years? :D

Pretty much zero chance I'd say, given they are currently struggling to release one re-recorded outtake from it. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, timoteo said:

Not releasing music is a problem especially for this band that we grew up listening to and bought into because of their immense creativity. 

The amount of wasted years and stringing along is also a major problem. 

Their immense creativity in their prime.

New Slash and Duff solo albums are not bad, some songs are nice to listen to, but they don't blow me away. A new GnR album would probably be the same. Not bad, not great either. Maybe some nice songs on it.

The biggest problem is that they don't even seem to try. And we shouldn't underestimate the songwriting influence of Izzy Stradlin and West Arkeen.

We need Izzy back. Keep Fortus for touring.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Pretty much zero chance I'd say, given they are currently struggling to release one re-recorded outtake from it. 

Yeah, it was just a thought I had a while ago i just wanted to see others opinions on it, I assumed those  3-4 singles that Slash mentioned last year would've been out by now, and then they could put them on there as bonus tracks, with some live stuff.

Guess I am going to be waiting 10 years then... nothing unknown to GNR fans I suppose ;)

1 minute ago, Maystar said:

Yeah, it was just a thought I had a while ago i just wanted to see others opinions on it, I assumed those  3-4 singles that Slash mentioned last year would've been out by now, and then they could put them on there as bonus tracks, with some live stuff.

Guess I am going to be waiting 10 years then... nothing unknown to GNR fans I suppose ;)

I think you might be waiting a lot longer than 10 years! 

Ah, I'd love a CD reissue with loads of live/demo stuff. Can't bring myself to even consider it happening though! 

35 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think you might be waiting a lot longer than 10 years! 

Ah, I'd love a CD reissue with loads of live/demo stuff. Can't bring myself to even consider it happening though! 

Yeah, I still think Axl still feels a bit burned by its reception, even after all these years. So I doubt he'd be rushing to re-release when only hard-core fans would appreciate it, unless it's some kind of commercial miracle. 

I wish they'd reprint the Cd's at least, that way I don't have to resort to shoddy streaming quality!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maystar said:

Yeah, I still think Axl still feels a bit burned by its reception, even after all these years. So I doubt he'd be rushing to re-release when only hard-core fans would appreciate it, unless it's some kind of commercial miracle. 

I wish they'd reprint the Cd's at least, that way I don't have to resort to shoddy streaming quality!

How do you mean reprint the Cds? You can still buy the album on CD can't you? 

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Well, apparently what's next is you sending me abuse via a DM message. 

Deeply odd to register, post twice, both hurling abuse at me for some unknown reason, then send a private message also firing abuse. 

I think it's absolutely fair to judge you based on that pathetic behaviour, rather than how many posts you've made. 

An emoji is abuse is it?

You're a very sensitive soul aren't you?

Get yourself a hot cup of cocoa and run yourself a warm bath.

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

How do you mean reprint the Cds? You can still buy the album on CD can't you? 

There are Cd's still available sure, but at least here in Australia you can't buy them new, only used copies or old copies from ebay and such. 

Most retailers sell new prints of AFD, UYI and even TSI but no new prints of ChiDem, which I would prefer over a used or old copy.

At the end of the day I'll probably buy one of those old copies, but I'll wait awhile, they ain't going up in price!

5 minutes ago, Maystar said:

There are Cd's still available sure, but at least here in Australia you can't buy them new, only used copies or old copies from ebay and such. 

Most retailers sell new prints of AFD, UYI and even TSI but no new prints of ChiDem, which I would prefer over a used or old copy.

At the end of the day I'll probably buy one of those old copies, but I'll wait awhile, they ain't going up in price!

Oh right. I'm fairly sure you can still buy new CD copies here, but whether they are just from an old print run still sitting in shops I have no idea. 

16 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yes it has to do more with how the labels distribute the money after they get it from Spotify. But Spotify doesn't pay that much per stream anyway so even independent artists aren't making much from it.

My band's main source of income comes from Bandcamp. I mean... we got some money from streaming but I don't think the streaming of our 4 albums, 3 EPs and 4 singles summed together got us like 1,5K USD. From Bandcamp, we get double that money with a single release in the first two weeks.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I believe CD has been out of print for a while, at least in the US. I usually pick up used copies when I find them locally (some are still sealed, Best Buy sticker included) to give away to friends/family. 

You're doing God's work, more people need to listen to that album, it's one of a kind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1