The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

On 12/8/2023 at 4:26 PM, JimiRose said:

We have now waited longer for the follow up to chinese democracy, than the spaghetti incident. At least DJ was postive in 2010...

He tells the Rock It Out! blog, "We're talking about that (the new album) right now. We've been throwing around a bunch of ideas and it should be good. We've got a lot of good stuff on the plate coming out. It won't take as long (to make as Chinese Democracy) - I promise...

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/211213/Guns-N-Roses-plan-quick-new-album

I have a better one...

dizzy_december_2012-1.png.5a6261ca887512d4648cb62d1869eb9f.png

he was right though
it's been 11 years from this interview, not 10

• Haha 4

On 12/9/2023 at 2:58 AM, colonizedmind said:

Honestly a TSI 2 would be most welcome around here...as it would be a start and would require a lot less give from Axl....other than picking some great songs for his voice. It would be a great dip of the feet starting back where they ended....we should petition hard for that as a starting block....even a covers EP....they already play plenty live, it need not be more than 2 weeks work. The only blockade, is Axl's apathy towards the studio.

No thanks for a covers album 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Carlson-online said:

I would actually be ok with a covers album/ep.

At least it gets everyone in the studio together, which might actually reignite the creative juices. 

I love what Ghost/Halestorm do, where they release a covers EP between studio albums

That's my reason for it too...sometimes it's a initial small step/spark that can get the fire going again 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2023 at 5:13 AM, Blackstar said:

Considering that The General is mixed by Caram, I strongly doubt that it was one of the new mixes Axl and Slash listened to. The mix we got must be from 2-3 years ago.

They could've been listening to some alternate new mixes and decided to stay with Caram's (yeah, I know).

• Sad 1
  • PERHAPS 1

On 12/8/2023 at 10:26 AM, JimiRose said:

We have now waited longer for the follow up to chinese democracy, than the spaghetti incident. At least DJ was postive in 2010...

He tells the Rock It Out! blog, "We're talking about that (the new album) right now. We've been throwing around a bunch of ideas and it should be good. We've got a lot of good stuff on the plate coming out. It won't take as long (to make as Chinese Democracy) - I promise...

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/211213/Guns-N-Roses-plan-quick-new-album

This quote pops in my head sometimes :lol: I remember when he said that and I thought a wait that long  would be impossible

• Haha 1

If they do have a new album, or EP, or whatever, they would need to mix them and remaster them, assuming they include the slow drip singles. Though, apparently they put The General and Perhaps on the same CD/vinyl. How stupid, they must sound awful going from one to the other, unless they got them to the same levels. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

If they do have a new album, or EP, or whatever, they would need to mix them and remaster them, assuming they include the slow drip singles. Though, apparently they put The General and Perhaps on the same CD/vinyl. How stupid, they must sound awful going from one to the other, unless they got them to the same levels. 

I don't notice nearly as much difference on my Vinyl copy in contrast to the digital versions....After all, what was that delay about again? Just to sever "Monsters" ? 

55 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I don't notice nearly as much difference on my Vinyl copy in contrast to the digital versions....After all, what was that delay about again? Just to sever "Monsters" ? 

Supposedly yes. The clipping was the other theory but clearly that's wrong now.

On 12/8/2023 at 3:26 PM, JimiRose said:

Perhaps smashing the plate became the new corn! DJ smashed the plate, no more new tracks...

On 12/14/2023 at 10:39 PM, Carlson-online said:

I would actually be ok with a covers album/ep.

At least it gets everyone in the studio together, which might actually reignite the creative juices. 

I love what Ghost/Halestorm do, where they release a covers EP between studio albums

The last album the big three released together was a covers album. Another album of covers for probably their final album would be a travesty

• Like 2