The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I agree that it's likely, but on the other hand, Axl could've just thought of another subject and or theme for Oklahoma/Berlin before having penned the lyrics. 

Yeah that's an interesting subject because we surely know Oklahoma was finished as an instrumental around 1998 confirmed by the engineer who was working with them, Dave Dominguez if I remember correctly, he also pointed out the lyrics subject, but 10 years later Axl gave the update of Berlin becoming the new working name.

I don't know how could have evolved from being Oklahoma and being related with It to Berlin

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

I don't know how could have evolved from being Oklahoma and being related with It to Berlin

We know Oklahoma came from the bombing they suffered in the mid '90s. I always took the new title of Berlin to be related to either the German's last stand in Berlin in 1945, or the wall coming down in the early '90s. So I think the song has heavy subject matter, that could be related to war/terrorism, etc. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

We know Oklahoma came from the bombing they suffered in the mid '90s. I always took the new title of Berlin to be related to either the German's last stand in Berlin in 1945, or the wall coming down in the early '90s. So I think the song has heavy subject matter, that could be related to war/terrorism, etc. 

That's an option for sure, but I really feel curious because in the way they described the lyrics, It was like a concrete situation on Axl's court for a problem with Erin Everly and also the bombing suffered on Oklahoma  I don't get how could have all this changed to something related to Berlin.

I feel that there were some words misunderstood a long time ago about this song and maybe we are very far away from the truth just like with The General

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

That's an option for sure, but I really feel curious because in the way they described the lyrics, It was like a concrete situation on Axl's court for a problem with Erin Everly and also the bombing suffered on Oklahoma  I don't get how could have all this changed to something related to Berlin.

I feel that there were some words misunderstood a long time ago about this song and maybe we are very far away from the truth just like with The General

It very well probably sound different than anyone here can imagine, like The General as you said.

I love the 2000 Oklahoma instrumental. I hope we eventually get to hear a CD era version with vocals. Same with Zodiac. 

Oklahoma + Tonto, Quicksong, the new singles, and a couple new songs written with Izzy in the studio would be an album that could make every fan of this band happy in some form.

(imo)

Edited by bmus1
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 4:32 PM, Sweersa said:

I wonder if/when Oklahoma got vocals. The leaked instrumental was from 2000, and I believe the Rolling Stone said they heard an instrumental of it in 1999. So later in 2000 or 2001+ is when it most likely got vocals.

Zodiac 13 is the mystery, as one of the versions from the Village leaks (from 2000) was labeled as no vox (or something similar) but the 2001 mix (which I don't like as much as the 2000 mix, piano intro too quiet and Robin's beginning of the solo is not there).

Oklahoma was still an instrumental by the time the discs were pressed in late 2001. 

Axl may have lyrics for the track but who knows if he ever got round to recording to them. 

• Wow 1

36 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Someone really needs to read a book 😂

Well I can’t read! So someone needs to read one to me. My mom has been typing my posts here. She’s happy I have friends here. 

I went to Marne Elementary. It doesn’t exist anymore. Marne used to be named Berlin, but changed the name during The Great War. Maybe Berlin (Oklahoma) is about that? Marne is best known for Berlin Raceway. Perhaps Axl has been there for a race or two. 

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

On the bright side, maybe the wars will stop? :P (Or we won't have any additional ones)

oh, they will, Trump is dictator's best friends. but at what price? 

back to GNR : it Trump is elected, do you think he would compose nicely with all the people, in
politics or in culture, who publicly stands against him? I mean, in the kind of regime he wants 
for USA, opponents are thrown in jail.

36 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

If Trump is re-elected you can expect this country to die. 

It won't, trust me. It survived with Biden. (Not that I like Trump)

But, it is pretty damn sad if the best the democrats have is Biden, and I can say the same thing to the republicans about Trump.

Neither party truly supports what is important to me, so I don't really care either way. 

None of the above will matter when I'm president!  My first act, of course, will be obtaining all of the Chinese Democracy material with Robin and Bucket's parts present. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

It won't, trust me. It survived with Biden. (Not that I like Trump)

But, it is pretty damn sad if the best the democrats have is Biden, and I can say the same thing to the republicans about Trump.

Neither party truly supports what is important to me, so I don't really care either way. 

None of the above will matter when I'm president!  My first act, of course, will be obtaining all of the Chinese Democracy material with Robin and Bucket's parts present. 

I hear that material is stored in areas classified so highly that even presidents don't have access. Only in cases like alien invasion and stuff. 

• Haha 2

Just now, allwaystired said:

Wonder when the last time the words 'new album' got actually spoken to Axl? 

Probably around the time Bumblefoot got his marching orders. 

Bumble wasn't fired though, he chose to quit Gn'R.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Wonder when the last time the words 'new album' got actually spoken to Axl? 

Probably around the time Bumblefoot got his marching orders. 

Probably just by proxy for other people's work.

"Hey Axl. Wanna sing on Schenker's new album?"

"Yo Axl. Myles and I are just finishing up our new album."

Something like that.

• Like 1