The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

yeah I get that. I would imagine the best chance of it happening is that in the future maybe Axl will be in the mood to talk about it some more, at the very least. his china exchange interview comments about being interested in writing an autobiography but being unable to do it cause he doesn't want to hurt Slash's feelings or whatever makes me think that he's the type to want to share his history and a big part of it is the Chinese era.

maybe when enough time has passed cause it seems like it wasn't a fun experience for Axl. I'm optimistic that it will eventually happen, but maybe in the distant future, like you said.

Right, but it would still be great to have at least one other point of view, you know, since there are things e.g. about Axl he himself wouldn’t talk about – like his studio work ethic etc. The weird stuff always fascinates me – like how many times Brain had to redo the drums, or that Axl exclusively works at night, or which songs were made in which studios and why it took so long to release the old demos... Well, one can dream. 

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Right, but it would still be great to have at least one other point of view, you know, since there are things e.g. about Axl he himself wouldn’t talk about – like his studio work ethic etc. The weird stuff always fascinates me – like how many times Brain had to redo the drums, or that Axl exclusively works at night, or which songs were made in which studios and why it took so long to release the old demos... Well, one can dream. 

hey, we're in the same boat there. something in me just gotta know more about what happened there. I just feel like after 20 years, look at what we know... we know some things, but not a whole lot. We don't know a book's worth. some people are  not taking. Sean Bevean talked a little, people give tidbits but not Paul Huge for example.

when Axl will feel totally cool with sharing without it hurting his interests, maybe others will come forward and talk more freely. The best we're going to get is from the horses mouth, Axl or Paul imho. I would like to know your thoughts if you disagree, of course as always.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2024 at 7:26 AM, Rovim said:

I feel like we've been here before. this is at least the third time you've made pretty much the same post. Someone mentions Bumble and you naturally post about how he was annoying and how he cried a lot and didn't appreciate what being in Gn'R allowed him to have. what a fun loop.

I have no issues with you disliking Bumble, but was it all negative? he cared a lot about Gn'R fans and gave it his all but like I said, we've been through this already.

We have actually you're right. 

• GNFNR 1

8 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Ron is a good guy. He was essentially bullied by the other guys (at least when he first joined the band) and got sick of the bullshit and drama from Team Brazil. In my eyes, he had plenty to moan about.

Is enough pathetic that grow men bully an member band.

• Like 4

Just was pondering....between Slash and Duff, they've put out 7 full albums (soon 8) since Chinese came out...we are so starved! Didn't Axl blame the time Chinese was taking in the early 00s on Slash not being around and replacing what he did....probably many thought if/when he came back we'd get a record within 2,3 years...as usually big reunions get signed up for a massive tour with a new album too...but with TB, none of this is conventual and much more in-house controlled, less obligations...

If we get a new album in the next couple of years, perhaps it will close a chapter and we can all move on...maybe that's part of the reason they don't...think about it....tease and dangle, throw a bone...repeat.

Edited by colonizedmind

19 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Just was pondering....between Slash and Duff, they've put out 7 full albums (soon 8) since Chinese came out...we are so starved! Didn't Axl blame the time Chinese was taking in the early 00s on Slash not being around and replacing what he did....probably many thought if/when he came back we'd get a record within 2,3 years...as usually big reunions get signed up for a massive tour with a new album too...but with TB, none of this is conventual and much more in-house controlled, less obligations...

If we get a new album in the next couple of years, perhaps it will close a chapter and we can all move on...maybe that's part of the reason they don't...think about it....tease and dangle, throw a bone...repeat.

Not particularly. The first thing I thought was the reunion was confirmed was how we'd never get CD2 now and it'd be many many years, if any, to wait for new music. Which was accurate. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Not particularly. The first thing I thought was the reunion was confirmed was how we'd never get CD2 now and it'd be many many years, if any, to wait for new music. Which was accurate. 

I was talking previously over the years, I saw this floated....by the time it actually happened, apathy had long since set in and this thought had died down...but for a period many thought this...

Now that we have at least one song name that could in theory be on a new album in Amen I have to wonder how wise it is to put names out there publicly for songs we may not hear for years if at all. Obviously when you get leaks that are actually named like State Of Grace that's different thing, but knowing about The General for years for example probably helped build it into something that could never live up to the expectations of some. I guess I'd rather know than not know.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

Now that we have at least one song name that could in theory be on a new album in Amen I have to wonder how wise it is to put names out there publicly for songs we may not hear for years if at all. Obviously when you get leaks that are actually named like State Of Grace that's different thing, but knowing about The General for years for example probably helped build it into something that could never live up to the expectations of some. I guess I'd rather know than not know.

Better for sanity....Shit for those that want to speak and ponder crap on here for decades to an ad nauseam level....

On 1/24/2024 at 7:56 AM, Rindmelon said:

If anything, the mistake was Duff calling it the 'sequel to Civil War'. But I don't think it really makes a difference because now, almost none of us actually expect this song to be finished and released.

Imagine we finally hear the lyrics/vocals for Oklahoma, and after 3 decades it's been re-worked into a Duff song that still only has one verse from Axl... :lol:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If anything, the mistake was Duff calling it the 'sequel to Civil War'. But I don't think it really makes a difference because now, almost none of us actually expect this song to be finished and released.

Imagine we finally hear the lyrics/vocals for Oklahoma, and after 3 decades it's been re-worked into a Duff song that still only has one verse from Axl... :lol:

Ahh that's better your you again, at a certain point you gotta stick with your avatar.:lol:

Comparing it to Civil War is a mistake because it gives people a bar that the song has to live up to. I expect we may hear it as one of his solo tracks at some point & it will be a pretty big clue as to how a 'new album' is going if we do tbh.

I just can't believe that will ever happen. It's more likely I think that we could get demos or work in prog mixes of stuff they work on for gnr leaked, but an actual album release of new material i just don't see happening ever.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You mean that Oklahoma could end up being sung by Duff? :lol:

From what I understand, this Duff song, Amen, is a demo he wrote but has lyrics, so all it would need from Axl would be the vocals and it all depends on whether Axl would be willing to get into the studio and do that.

Edited by Blackstar

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

From what I understand, this Duff song, Amen, is a demo he wrote but has lyrics, so all it would need from Axl would be the vocals and it all depends on whether Axl would be willing to get into the studio and do that.

Maybe Oklahoma only has one verse, and that will be Axl's contribution to the song, since I don't see him recording new vocals. :P

14 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

Ahh that's better your you again, at a certain point you gotta stick with your avatar.:lol:

Comparing it to Civil War is a mistake because it gives people a bar that the song has to live up to. I expect we may hear it as one of his solo tracks at some point & it will be a pretty big clue as to how a 'new album' is going if we do tbh.

I just can't believe that will ever happen. It's more likely I think that we could get demos or work in prog mixes of stuff they work on for gnr leaked, but an actual album release of new material i just don't see happening ever.

I'm pretty sure we'll hear it in a few years on one of Duff's solo albums...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/20/2024 at 5:06 AM, gavgnr said:

Ron is a good guy. He was essentially bullied by the other guys (at least when he first joined the band) and got sick of the bullshit and drama from Team Brazil. In my eyes, he had plenty to moan about.

Yeah, Ron got a raw deal from pretty up everyone, even fans. I remember back in 2013 he publicly complained about not being able to get an update from TB and after that TB responded and Ron said it was all good. That twat UK SUBS that used to own this place gave him shit over it and mocked him, saying he was trying to garner fan sympathy. It's like, what the fuck do you expect him to do, if management won't even respond to you then you have every right to call them out publicly if that's what it takes to get them to respond.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm not really hearing it be talked about anywhere, probably because of The General video release but what stands out is he named the track. I can't really think about when he has done that before, back in 95/96 he would mention in random interviews with hitparader ect that they were working on songs but said he wouldn't name them.

Given that the 'Peace would last forever' line came from him in Civil war and him naming the song here & calling it a sequel it would suggest he has some serious belief in the song. I hope a version leaks someday doubt it will be released but I can hope i guess

11 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

I'm not really hearing it be talked about anywhere, probably because of The General video release but what stands out is he named the track. I can't really think about when he has done that before, back in 95/96 he would mention in random interviews with hitparader ect that they were working on songs but said he wouldn't name them.

Given that the 'Peace would last forever' line came from him in Civil war and him naming the song here & calling it a sequel it would suggest he has some serious belief in the song. I hope a version leaks someday doubt it will be released but I can hope i guess

Where did Duff mention this Amen track?

13 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Where did Duff mention this Amen track?

Listen around 24 min in

https://www.podbean.com/ep/dir-cidp9-1c779a22

22 minutes ago, Avillart said:

Someone on YT said that the Oklahoma song title was changed to "Berlin" at some point. Anybody know anything about it?

Yeah Axl mentioned that during the forum chats years ago that it had changed from Oklahoma to Berlin. That's a long time ago of course so it could have changed back or be called anything now for all we know

• Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

I think this Duff interview just slipped under the radar. It eluded me, too - @6lake sa66ath found it.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1