The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

3 hours ago, Dean said:

Russel Nash posted it in the end of that first thread Blackstar posted - fella is actually American. I’d assume it’s most likely sampling or use of lyrics.

Type of Work: Sound Recording and Music

Registration Number / Date:

SRu000985948 / 2010-11-25

Application Title: Goodbye.

Title: Goodbye.

Description: Electronic file (eService)

Copyright Claimant:

Jordan Patrick Freeman, 1992- .

Date of Creation: 2010

Authorship on Application:

Jordan Patrick Freeman, 1992- ; Domicile: United States;

Citizenship: United States. Authorship: sound recording,

performance, production, music, lyrics.

Axl Rose; Domicile: United States; Citizenship: United

States. Authorship: sound recording, performance,

production, music, lyrics.

Rights and Permissions:

Jordan Patrick Freeman, Jordan Freeman Productions, LLC,

P.O. Box 13073, Scottsdale, AZ, 85267, (855) 717-5626,

copyright@jordanfreemanproductions.com

Copyright Note: C.O. correspondence.

Names: Freeman, Jordan Patrick, 1992-

Rose, Axl

================================================================================

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Library of Congress

United States Copyright Office

101 Independence Ave., S.E.

Washington, D.C. 20559-6000

202-707-3000

https://publicrecords.copyright.gov/name-directory/Freeman, Jordan Patrick/associated-records

https://www.linkedin.com/in/freemanjordan/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattgardner1/2019/05/19/meet-the-man-whose-creative-approach-and-dream-team-may-push-gaming-as-a-true-art-form/

It's someone in the video games field, who also seems to write music as a hobby. I don't think it's anything, he probably used a sample from a GN'R song or something like that. He also shares the same business manager with Axl (Bernie Gilhuly is the business manager in most of the companies owned by Axl), but I don't think that means anything either.

14 hours ago, DeNfr said:

how dare you?! she's the biggest artist of the world! she sells millions of records! THE GOAT! yes, she could!

with the help of 62 co-writers, and it would be called "He Dumped Me Again (Broke My Heart)" 

You know she mostly writes her songs solely by herself. There's more songwriters on "Chinese Democracy" than any of her records. Now back to listening to some "Folklore"!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

What is dumb about what I said and what's this got to do with Jarmo?

nothing and nothing. what you said was just a fact. some people sometimes confuse stating a fact with "defending" Axl and his horrible crime of not releasing more music, so when you mention that Gn'R just released recently 2 songs maybe they see it as an attack of their butthurt about Axl's choices.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tboneman said:

You know she mostly writes her songs solely by herself. There's more songwriters on "Chinese Democracy" than any of her records. Now back to listening to some "Folklore"!

yea, you can tell he knows nothing about her.  There was a time where GnR could have been the biggest thing for years, they couldn't figure it out.  She has, and for some reason, people cant take it.  Its odd

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fabrph5 said:

yea, you can tell he knows nothing about her.  There was a time where GnR could have been the biggest thing for years, they couldn't figure it out.  She has, and for some reason, people cant take it.  Its odd

There are two different things suggested/argued here.

1. That GN'R doesn't release music while Taylor Swift does.

This is not factually correct. Because, even though GN'R has definitely released less music than Taylor Swift (and than most other artists in general) and the songs they have released in the recent years are rehashed old songs and not newly written, the fact remains that they have released something.

2. (Which is what you're saying) That the music GN'R has released in the recent years has not been as popular and relevant as the music Taylor Swift has released.

Well, that goes without saying, and I don't think anyone has suggested otherwise. But that's a completely different matter. It seems that for some people (you being one of them?) it's not enough if GN'R releases music that they like for them to be satisfied, but it has to be music that puts GN'R on top of the world again. I don't understand this perspective - I only care about whether I enjoy the music or not. But anyway, I think people should come to terms with the fact that GN'R won't ever take the world by storm again, whatever they release.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

I'm not really waiting on them to release something and I don't have any expectations of them being a massive hit again. It's been pretty clear to me for a while now that Axl is focused on the stuff that he has already recorded. (it's even clearer it's always been that way looking back). If they do something totally new then I'll probably check it out, but it's very unlikely and I wouldn't even have high hopes it would be any good, if I'm honest. 

I'm pretty happy hearing the rest of the CD sessions and whatever else Axl may have recorded if and when it comes. 

24 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

The fact people are still arguing about Taylor Swift on here is incredibly embarrassing. 

When there’s no album coming out and nothing else to discuss, the forum will probably end up discussing every artist known to mankind eventually and then some.

Who wants to discuss Ariana Grande next?

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

When there’s no album coming out and nothing else to discuss, the forum will probably end up discussing every artist known to mankind eventually and then some.

Who wants to discuss Ariana Grande next?

Indeed, times are dire. 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I suppose it's quite quaint that this thread still gets attention. 

There can't be too many people left around who think that GNR will ever write and record a new album now. 

CD leftovers are all that's in our future (not that I'm complaining about that, personally). 

• Like 1

This one definitely moving slower to 1000, we have a chance 😉

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I suppose it's quite quaint that this thread still gets attention. 

There can't be too many people left around who think that GNR will ever write and record a new album now. 

Yea but like a walker in season 1001 of WD we still flash a wry smile when we take one out....😸

Edited by colonizedmind

18 hours ago, allwaystired said:

nah, true, 4 new tracks realised with their respective videos in the last years, Duff talking
publicly about a potential new GNR song, nothing indicates new activity on the part of
the group, it's like we're in 2000 again... 🤡