08/15/23 - East Rutherford, NJ - Metlife Stadium

downzy

1 minute ago, vloors said:

Axl will replay the song through his cellphone to the crowd.

But yea seriously they should be debuting it this show. Hope he can perform it OK.

"How's this for a cellphone recording ya bunch of downloading motherfuckers" :axl:

I think he'll sound find on it, the verses should be solid and he'll probably scream his way through the chorus since he apparently is only gonna sing the 'all alone' part.

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe (hopefully) he'll sing the lower vocal layer on the chorus (plus the "all alone" part in harmony with Melissa) and there will be a backing track for the higher layer, kind of like what they do with Locomotive.

I was just thinking the same, now that we know about the lower vocals, that playback part makes sense, no way he was going to let a backing track do all the job

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"How's this for a cellphone recording ya bunch of downloading motherfuckers" :axl:

I think he'll sound find on it, the verses should be solid and he'll probably scream his way through the chorus since he apparently is only gonna sing the 'all alone' part.

Just hoping no Mickey falsetto verses and use of low register or even his evil voice if needed.

All alone as screams I'm happy with.

11 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

I was just thinking the same, now that we know about the lower vocals, that playback part makes sense, no way he was going to let a backing track do all the job

Yeah, and maybe he added that layer for this purpose - or, if it's not recent and he had recorded it sometime along the way, he put it higher in the mix.

I doubted he'd use a backing track without singing over it, too,  so I thought that maybe it was played at soundcheck just as "help" for Duff's and Melissa's backing vocals.

• GNFNR 1

13 minutes ago, k12 said:

Potential thunderstorms tommorow night, couldn't they just postpone this thing until Wedensday, it sux if they play it will probably be a shortened set list or something 

I was just about to say… I feel like shows are rain or shine, but we’ll see. MetLife in the rain.. I’ve been through some nightmares there in those conditions. Nightmare without rain to begin with.. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

I was just about to say… I feel like shows are rain or shine, but we’ll see. MetLife in the rain.. I’ve been through some nightmares there in those conditions. Nightmare without rain to begin with.. 

Rain or shine yes, but lightning they have to delay.

As far as pushing dates on such short notice, there’s a lot more work into doing that than you’d think.

37 minutes ago, k12 said:

Potential thunderstorms tommorow night, couldn't they just postpone this thing until Wedensday, it sux if they play it will probably be a shortened set list or something 

Don't tempt them, they're quite good at delaying things lately 

34 minutes ago, Stryker said:

Rain or shine yes, but lightning they have to delay.

As far as pushing dates on such short notice, there’s a lot more work into doing that than you’d think.

I know exactly what it takes to move a show! I just asked a union guy on site what’s up but with my past events experience they won’t make any decision until (like you said) they get a lightening report tomorrow. It takes me about 80mins to get to MetLife so I won’t make the decision to go until 5:30ish, unless something is announced. This weekend was STUPID unpredictable weather.. full 72hrs..

• Like 1

I have been keeping my eye on ticketmaster and there were hundreds of seats in section 1 and 5 on the floor (side sections) and I was looking if they were going to reduce the price on them further and they oddly disappeared in the last hour

Screenshot_20230814-122132_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230814-122112_Chrome.jpg

53 minutes ago, k12 said:

I have been keeping my eye on ticketmaster and there were hundreds of seats in section 1 and 5 on the floor (side sections) and I was looking if they were going to reduce the price on them further and they oddly disappeared in the last hour

They could be moving people there and blocking off the top levels.

53 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

What is the best way to get to the venue? Haven't been before.

And we thinking 7.30pm for GN'R onstage?

Where are you traveling from? If New York, you can take the train from Penn Station and change at Secaucus Junction. You basically just need to follow the GN'R t-shirts when making the change. There is a huge parking lot at MetLife too. I'm just Ubering with my wife/friends.

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, k12 said:

You can't just postpone and play the next day though, there's all kinds of contracts with specific dates, the venue, the staff/unions, promoter and band... and then there's the tour logistics of getting the entire stage built and readied for the next tour stop.

More than likely if there was thunderstorms the show would be cancelled outright and then they'd try and reschedule it for the end of the tour or tag it into the following years tour. 

Abbreviated sets aren't always a bad thing though. Obviously you don't get as many songs and they might skip over your preferred deep cut... but a show when it's pissing down on the band can be really cool to watch... a nightmare for them, but the visuals are worth it. Metallica in Manchester / Taylor swift more recently, come to mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W. Axl Kev said:

Where are you traveling from? If New York, you can take the train from Penn Station and change at Secaucus Junction. You basically just need to follow the GN'R t-shirts when making the change. There is a huge parking lot at MetLife too. I'm just Ubering with my wife/friends.

Ah perfect. That sounds handy. Yeah just from Manhattan 

38 minutes ago, axlreed44 said:

Looks like a storm around 4/6pm doesn’t seem like a washout and show will happen. Hoping for another solid show like Hershey! Also, taking train most likely. Hope to see some fellow gunners! 

I think the 3 day break for Axl between shows should keep his voice sounding good