08/15/23 - East Rutherford, NJ - Metlife Stadium

downzy

8 hours ago, k12 said:

Potential thunderstorms tommorow night, couldn't they just postpone this thing until Wedensday, it sux if they play it will probably be a shortened set list or something 

Long range forecast for Fenway Park next Monday looks great. Sunny and 85 degrees during the day

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Long range forecast for Fenway Park next Monday looks great. Sunny and 85 degrees during the day

I live in Boston, the weather here is so unpredictable that long term forecasts are useless. I hope you are right though because I'm going to Fenway as well!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

They took stage at right around 7:40 in Hershey.

MetLife curfew is 11pm

Are you sure Metlife has a curfew? In 2016 the show ended at 12:40 AM. I know that was 7 years ago but I looked up Taylor Swift's recent shows there and they ended between 11:25 and 11:40.

10 minutes ago, prez said:

Are you sure Metlife has a curfew? In 2016 the show ended at 12:40 AM. I know that was 7 years ago but I looked up Taylor Swift's recent shows there and they ended between 11:25 and 11:40.

So there might not be a curfew after all. I was at the 2016 show on Slash's birthday and I thought it ended at 11 but my girl is telling me that it went later so idk

GnR and Swift are both known for breaking curfews though lol.

I saw GNR in 2006 in East Rutherford at an indoor arena (Izod or whatever it was called back then) and they didn't even take the stage until after 11. With parking and the 90 min drive home we didn't get home til well after 3.  Every time we go see GNR the Misses brings that up to me 🤣🤣

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think MetLife has a curfew. It's a pretty isolated stadium and I've 100% been to shows there, including GN'R, that went past 11pm. My wife and I went to Lady Gaga last Summer at MetLife (absolutely excellent by the way) and she didn't go on until 9pm and finished closer to midnight.

8 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

I don't think MetLife has a curfew. It's a pretty isolated stadium and I've 100% been to shows there, including GN'R, that went past 11pm. My wife and I went to Lady Gaga last Summer at MetLife (absolutely excellent by the way) and she didn't go on until 9pm and finished closer to midnight.

Was it a weekend, I get the feeling regardless of curfew they are going to try and wrap it up by 11

15 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

Saw Gaga at Wrigley last year, and it was tremendous!

• Like 1

Just now, AtlasShrugged said:

Weather keeps changing. Giving a slight chance literally during gig times on my phone. Hopefully it changes

It’s going to keep changing all day. Hopefully it’s nothing too bad. I’ll be there tonight. MetLife is isolated so shows can go long.

Show poster looks cool. Fortus posted it. Don’t think I can get there in time to grab one though. Might have to be eBay unless someone here wants to help out 

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Show poster looks cool. Fortus posted it. Don’t think I can get there in time to grab one though. Might have to be eBay unless someone here wants to help out 

It's a fanmade poster. Fortus always posts these.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

It’s going to keep changing all day. Hopefully it’s nothing too bad. I’ll be there tonight. MetLife is isolated so shows can go long.

That’s not the official one fyi.

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Yeah I'm heading after work so have a light rain jacket in case. If the rain starts after 3-4 beers in I'll be grand! Is it a tough place to get out of? Going for the first time from Downtown Brooklyn

2 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Yeah I'm heading after work so have a light rain jacket in case. If the rain starts after 3-4 beers in I'll be grand! Is it a tough place to get out of? Going for the first time from Downtown Brooklyn

Unfortunately yes. Some fans leave prior to PC to beat traffic.

3 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

It will be a crowd either car or train. People will leave at the encore 

22 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Last time I saw them I left with a minute left of Paradise City.. was the first on the bus home and back into Dublin city centre at a breeze!

Easiest way out in Dublin, 2010...stay til the end as everyone fucked off home after LALD and an axl meltdown 

• Haha 1