08/08/23 - Montreal, CAN - Parc Jean Drapeau

downzy

2 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm fucking devastated that I have to get the Pretenders as an opener and not Alice in Chains .... Serious kick in the balls ....

Could be worse. Knoxville gets The Warning instead of AIC. I’m sure they’re ok but seriously bummed about Alice In Chains being the opener a couple shows after

Just now, Drew Nicholson said:

Could be worse. Knoxville gets The Warning instead of AIC. I’m sure they’re ok but seriously bummed about Alice In Chains being the opener a couple shows after

The warning are actually pretty decent.  I would like to see them. 

I've seen Alice in Chains a dozen times tho and they can't be beat. One of the best live bands of all time.

Wish I was getting them too 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DoMw94 said:

IZZY...

Got a mention in an anecdote

I was half listening to the stream. I think I am wrong about it, but Axl was talking about the line "I get up around seven" and Axl is WTF is that, and Izzy said "PM not AM"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Drew Nicholson said:

I'm the opposite, we're getting AIC in Vancouver but I'd rather have The Warning or Dirty Honey. I like AIC but I've seen them open a few GNR shows, so it kinda feels repetitive.

6 minutes ago, Drew Nicholson said:

The Warning are great, saw them in London the night before the Glasgow GNR gig:

I like AiC as well and saw them in London in 2013 (funnily enough Duff was in one of the opening bands, Walking Papers), but The Warning are a much better substitute than Billy Talent who opened for GNR in Toronto in 2016 :/

• GNFNR 1

Just now, 2020_Intensions said:

What was said ??

2 minutes ago, VeeR said:

I was half listening to the stream. I think I am wrong about it, but Axl was talking about the line "I get up around seven" and Axl is WTF is that, and Izzy said "PM not AM"

1 minute ago, Heather14 said:

Axl said he remembered the old days asking Izzy at the rehearsal “wtf is get up around seven and get out of bed around nine!?” and Izzy said “It’s PM, dude.”

Oh ... Lame. Must feel nice to reminisce on stage making all that money meanwhile he ruined his relationship with that person he's reminiscing over 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Oh ... Lame. Must feel nice to reminisce on stage making all that money meanwhile he ruined his relationship with that person he's reminiscing over 

I'm sure their relationship is fine – he wouldn't talk about him like that otherwise. Plus he's made enough guest appearances over the years. So what, he's not there now, business is business. They're both people who keep themselves to themselves outside of 'work' anyway.

But yeah, I'm fairly confident their relationship isn't "ruined".

Anyway... has anyone got a stream?

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Because it's kind of fucked up, if you're aware of what happened back in 2016. 

Yeah it's so fine Izzy walked out of the rehearsal before the first show of the reunion, made disparaging tweets directed towards the band, and then wrote essentially a diss track about the situation, and there hasn't been any word regarding the situation since ... But OK 

Izzy did all those things. Axl didn’t say a word. And it’s all Axl’s fault?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Drew Nicholson said:

28 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm the opposite, we're getting AIC in Vancouver but I'd rather have The Warning or Dirty Honey. I like AIC but I've seen them open a few GNR shows, so it kinda feels repetitive.

The Warning is awesome, wish I was getting them instead of AIC.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1