08/08/23 - Montreal, CAN - Parc Jean Drapeau

downzy

18 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

This guy seems to be reliable

Yeah, I'm not in that group, but I do follow him on IG and he seems well informed and in-the-know on GN'R/rock music matters.

If he's saying it, then I'm definitely believing it

4 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

I guess Axl doesn’t necessarily have to do the song at soundcheck to end up playing it tonight BUT I think they should wait for Friday

Yeah, I'm sort of skeptical they bring it out tonight. I think it would be Hershey on the 11th. Axl says, "We're gonna try something here" and then after performing the song, he'll announce the song will be released right after the concert.

29 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

hey montreal, sorry for stirring up shit here 31 years ago... here's a new song

its hard to get my hopes up with this band but im about to head to the gig

Probably more like “Some times I think back to 92 and wonder Perhaps I was right.. but you know.. Perhaps I was wrong”

• GNFNR 1

18 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What reasons make you think the way you do. Axl didn't soundcheck tonight

And I think we are not going to hear him soundchecking it before they play it.

The countdown were set to today (maybe for pre-saving it or website launch) and the release for 11th August. I think the best way to promote the website and to make people pre-save it is to play it and announce it right after or before you do it.

If not tonight, Hershey Will be the night.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What reasons make you think the way you do. Axl didn't soundcheck tonight

Because this is literally exactly how Absurd happened 2 years ago. We never heard Axl soundchecking it, literally no one saw it coming, they played it at the Boston show on a Tuesday (also like the 2nd or 3rd show of the tour if I remember correct), then in NJ 2 days later they said it would be released at midnight. So that is the pattern that makes it a reasonable guess that it appears tonight.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

And I think we are not going to hear him soundchecking it before they play it.

The countdown were set to today (maybe for pre-saving it or website launch) and the release for 11th August. I think the best way to promote the website and to make people pre-save it is to play it and announce it right after or before you do it.

If not tonight, Hershey Will be the night.

Another (better and "safer", imo) way would be to tease it at the show by playing the studio version over the PA before or after the intro that leads to It's So Easy, and then Axl announcing that it will be available for pre-save after midnight.