07/19/23 - Budapest, HU - Puskás Arena

downzy

1 hour ago, Grayfox said:

It’s possible.

I truly believe between July 21st and August 4th we will get 1 or 2 songs. I could certainly see them closing this leg with Perhaps single and opening the US leg with The General single. I’m inclined to think The General will become the new opener. 

But plans change and time passes. So who knows. But the amount of “evidence” supports the theory of intention. 

It's not possble. Plans dont change. there was never a plan. You will not hear the general or perhaps tonight. 

1 hour ago, FabioRoses said:

We actually think that The General will be their new opener?

No

1 hour ago, Dani_1455 said:

jams at soundchecks don't make sense

They do. 

Honestly what is wrong with all you people. Every thursday and every gig, same thing! they'll play the standard set tonight in standard order, there will be no 'surprise' (aka no attempt made a promotion) single tomorrow

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grayfox said:

I don’t know how many other people think it but I could definitely see it. Have the old intro play over the intro video and then go straight into the song. But I’m basing off what I would do if I were to attempt a new music comeback. This is GNR land after all. So anythings possible and everything’s impossible. 

I doubt it. From the short snippet we heard, The General has some pretty high pierced vocals. The 2023 setlist is clearly build upon Axl's vocal performance - the easier and lower register vocal lines in ISE, Bad Obsession, Pretty Tied Up, DTJ etc. 

16 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Imagine if they open with Chinese Democracy, and have DJ Ashba as a guest, and he leaves before the Sorry and This I Love solos. :( 

Why do you hate me? :cry:

• Sad 1

Just now, DuffBrazil said:

the sooner Slash stops butchering Chinese solos the better

I agree, but do you think ashba would be the best option ? I have to much trauma from hearing his version of patience, don't cry and the multiple sweet chil's out of tune. Plus the most technical solos were always handled by either bumble or Richard anyway

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, batatadoce said:

I agree, but do you think ashba would be the best option ? I have to much trauma from hearing his version of patience, don't cry and the multiple sweet chil's out of tune. Plus the most technical solos were always handled by either bumble or Richard anyway

Noooo, never said that hahaha.

RIchard would do a great job I think, and he is already there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

No

Honestly what is wrong with all you people. Every thursday and every gig, same thing! they'll play the standard set tonight in standard order, there will be no 'surprise' (aka no attempt made a promotion) single tomorrow

Well, I am not telling they are playing anything tonight or tomorrow or even in a month but as far as I know soundchecks are done to see if everything is okay for the show, reherseals is where jams are done, if you can indicate on any guns n roses soundcheck a jam since the NITL

5 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

You and 1 or 2 other delusionals. Not WE

Its only only delusional if you really think it could happen, which I don´t anyone does. But then again, god forbid the hideous idea of having a cool guest at a show... ins´t that just the worse ?

• Like 1

Just curious, has a show/tour playing all of Appetite ever been discussed by any Axl or any band member? It seems like something they could pull of super easily and would market super well, especially if they didn't hold themselves to playing it front to back and scattered it through the set like they do now.

18 minutes ago, DuffBrazil said:

Noooo, never said that hahaha.

RIchard would do a great job I think, and he is already there.

If Izzy took dickies spot like he was meant to, would ya'll be saying he should be playing more leads than Slash? He could perhaps do a few more CD ! That's it.

Just now, bmus1 said:

Just curious, has a show/tour playing all of Appetite ever been discussed by any Axl or any band member? It seems like something they could pull of super easily and would market super well, especially if they didn't hold themselves to playing it front to back and scattered it through the set like they do now.

Time to do that was the Apollo...it was rumoured...NOPE

14 minutes ago, Blue Phoenix said:

I do miss the CD opener, especially when it was an enclosed arena and they turned off the lights for it. 

Loved it as well. The 1-2 punch with Jungle was great.