07/03/23 - Frankfurt, DE - Deutsche Bank Park

downzy

20 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

Show day! on my way from Netherlands on a 4 hour train ride :headbang:

At least you have some great scenery to enjoy on the way. 

Edited by Oxford

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think releasing a new single will move the needle when it comes to selling tickets. The majority of those attending shows aren't interested in new music. Media won't make much fuzz about it. So I don't think that's the band's thinking. They will release it whenever Axl wants to release it for whatever cryptic reason. It could be released today, it could be released in a week, it could be released one week after the tour, it could be released in 2031. There is no rhyme or reason.

Based on his history of releasing music, I think your right. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think releasing a new single will move the needle when it comes to selling tickets. The majority of those attending shows aren't interested in new music. Media won't make much fuzz about it. So I don't think that's the band's thinking. They will release it whenever Axl wants to release it for whatever cryptic reason. It could be released today, it could be released in a week, it could be released one week after the tour, it could be released in 2031. There is no rhyme or reason.

I used to think the opposite of this, but I'm totally of this view now. People don't even want AFD/UYI album tracks, let alone new stuff. 

Maybe a full new album might have SOME impact on sales, but individual songs, no chance outside of a few people on here. 

The music world is a fucking weird place right now. Even new pop songs are heavily reliant on covering/sampling old shit people already know. Everyone wants to hear old it seems. 

• Like 3