07/03/23 - Frankfurt, DE - Deutsche Bank Park

downzy

34 minutes ago, SlashisGOD said:

Wow so we can confirm that The General intro was played. You never know.

They don't wanted to say "the orchestral intro (tape)" to open the show ?
Hard to imagine the band played the song-intro...as in the unknown unreleased song.

But.... "You never know"
Fingers crossed :-)

16 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Videos of The General or it didn’t happen. It’s way too easy to be at a soundcheck and say some bullshit without any proof lmao

Well I do believe him, he does not say bullshit and has been very kind to me, but It would be good to clarify things

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Well I do believe him, he does not say bullshit and has been very kind to me, but It would be good to clarify things

Well, he is the same that at last show said “there was a video on the screens he had never seen before” and it turned out to be the Absurd video.

Not a problem with him, though. I mean he could just be wrong again.

Edited by GNRfanMILO

2 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Intro of the general I just heard

Inside 

What do you mean the intro? The orchestral intro they used to play during the NuGnR shows before Jungle?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

The same intro they used for the shows in 2006

That was the general, no?

So this intro? 

I believe it might be the general: 

Edited by VeeR
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Well, he is the same that at last show said “there was a video on the screens he had never seen before” and it turned out to be the Absurd video.

Not a problem with him, though. I mean he could just be wrong again.

It could be 

2 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

The same intro they used for the shows in 2006

That was the general, no?

This. 

Yes marco Beltrami stuff

2 minutes ago, FabioRoses said:

so, does that mean anything to us?

Well if he is right and there playing the Marco Beltrami parts then yes. The song has been on the setlist

Doesnt make any sense that they'd bring it out now, and not at the start of the tour or immediately after glastonbury or immediately before US leg. those are the 3 obvious places to get new songs out. They never do anything that makes any sense so who knows maybe they will but I'd be willing to be bet a lot of money The General won't be played this tour leg, and neither will perhaps. Out ta get me and bad apples much more likely

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Doesnt make any sense that they'd bring it out now, and not at the start of the tour or immediately after glastonbury or immediately before US leg. those are the 3 obvious places to get new songs out. They never do anything that makes any sense so who knows maybe they will but I'd be willing to be bet a lot of money The General won't be played this tour leg, and neither will perhaps. Out ta get me and bad apples much more likely

I agree with this

But when do they do anything that makes sense

4 hours ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

image_f90e5a90-757a-4f82-8892-025d252520

4 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

That litho looks like from the Misfits shirt.

8404cb40-23e2-43e5-b417-c869d8e1f13c_1.3

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I immediately thought of the Chamber of Chills cover, that's really cool that they combined the 2 things and also did glow in the dark. Maybe Slash had input on this one since it's vintage cult horror stuff.

• Like 1

Yeah at this point it’s either not happening, or US shows.

I hate to being up this sad fact but it was about two years from the first Hard Skool soundcheck to when they actually played this. Sadly with this band we may be waiting for a long time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

There is a part in the intro music used currently that sounds like the General orchestral parts heard previous. Could it have been that. 

I refuse to believe we'll ever get The General released or played live. That setlist picture was a fake surely. 

Well I don't know if we will get It or no, but the setlist was true and there is a post who confirms it

9 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

There is a part in the intro music used currently that sounds like the General orchestral parts heard previous. Could it have been that. 

I refuse to believe we'll ever get The General released or played live. That setlist picture was a fake surely. 

Could be, I did ask creative works london about that and they confirmed the new intro audio is made up of "GNR elements" Im pretty sure the strings in the new intro are from The General and have been stretched out