06/27/23 - Glasgow, GB - Bellahouston Park

downzy

8 minutes ago, DeadHorseinaComa said:

If it's based on the audio clip It seemed to be a clipper snippet triggered by Melissa pretty much likes the screams in Absurd, but I Mlmay be wrong :unsure:

You’re correct, after they finished the song she was playing around with the sample on its own - clearly Axl is going to sing half the chorus with half prerecorded 

2 minutes ago, Caedo said:

You’re correct, after they finished the song she was playing around with the sample on its own - clearly Axl is going to sing half the chorus with half prerecorded 

I assume the "you're all alone now" lyric is the one sampled?

I'm wondering how they would approach this live, as even without any vocal challenges it would be impossible to do given it almost overlaps the rest of the lines

2 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Ffs😄 why can't he just have Melissa sing the line?? That absurd scream is so out of place... Haven't heard how it's being used for perhaps, but in general I hate any vocals being sampled 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Noooooo! One of my main problems with Perhaps was the crowded chorus!!!!

It’ll be very crowded. Mellisa and Duff were both singing backing vocals with the sample 

5 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

I'm wondering how they would approach this live, as even without any vocal challenges it would be impossible to do given it almost overlaps the rest of the lines

No the “all alone” line would be what Axl sings live, the other lines were in the sample being played 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

36 minutes ago, Axls_Moustache_Rules said:

..he's never sound checked a new song ..has he? Maybe once or twice for MTV but

He's barely ever there.

Not true. He soundchecked Absurd and Hard Skool, as well as the new covers that were added to the set (e.g. Slither and Black Hole Sun were soundchecked with Axl before they were played).

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

I'm pulling this out of my ass, but I'd assume that the all alone now line is the one sung by Axl and by the soundcheck the other stuff sung by Duff/Melissa/Dizzy.

I'd personally do "all alone now" by Axl, the "save me" line by Melissa and the rest Duff/Dizzy with the Axl sample.

I don't think Axl will sing it in a soundcheck, since they know that are people outside hearing it. I think they're goin' to bust it live, so people will hear Axl's voice on it first on the concert, not on the soundcheck.

Absurd was done during a night soundcheck, same what happened to Hard Skool when they did it in Mexico.

When they were soundchecking Hard Skool without Axl, they sampled the "aye-aye's" from the studio track, however Axl sings them live.

So it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll use a backing track for part of the Perhaps chorus live (although they've been doing it on Locomotive).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FabioRoses said:

I don't think Axl will sing it in a soundcheck, since they know that are people outside hearing it. I think they're goin' to bust it live, so people will hear Axl's voice on it first on the concert, not on the soundcheck.

Absurd was done during a night soundcheck, same what happened to Hard Skool when they did it in 

Perhaps you're right

6 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Wasn't Hard Skool soundchecked without Axl the very show they wind up playing it for the first time? Or Absurd. One of the two. Or am I remebering it wrong.

Absurd was soundchecked with Axl before the first show of the tour (there were no recordings, but there were pictures - ofc we didn't know then what song the Medusa graphics were for). Presumably Hard Skool was soundchecked then as well, but Axl had soundchecked it before anyway.

• Like 1