06/21/23 - Oslo, NO - Tons of Rock

downzy

5 hours ago, GoBucky said:

The AC/DC tour was 6 years and a lot of shows ago. It's highly doubtful that he can do much better. He's shown that he can hit the notes in spots, but full rasp shows are done. I've seen Gn'R in their various forms 35 times since '91, and will see 3 more in August/September, and never left a show unhappy. The setlist changes and possibly of new songs have me psyched for the shows. The only option is not going to shows, and not following sets anymore. This is what we're going to get from the 61 year old frontman who was never a trained vocalist to begin with. 

last week i listened a lot of AXL DC shows while reading ACDC forum and man that was something. Even ACDC fans loved it. But it was 7 years ago already 

i'm glad Brownstone is back. It's one of their best songs they just can't not play it

• Like 1

The thing that keeps us all ticking is the fact he started sounded shit at the start of the 01-02 run, came back on fire in 2006, started weak in 09, was amazing n 2010, did an average run until the Brazil part of 2014 and sounded dead, then 2016 got better. Peaks and troughs guys 🤣

I think they need to cut a few songs where it’s not possible for Axl to sing in a low register. Better (by way of example), though an amazing song on record, should now be left well alone.

I saw the band for the second gig at Tottenham last year. Axl had throat issues and decided to use his low register throughout the show. It was pure class (Estranged in particular).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardedranga said:

The thing that keeps us all ticking is the fact he started sounded shit at the start of the 01-02 run, came back on fire in 2006, started weak in 09, was amazing n 2010, did an average run until the Brazil part of 2014 and sounded dead, then 2016 got better. Peaks and troughs guys 🤣

Exactly this. I think he can do better. He’s proved he can do before. People saying it’s not getting better due to age, look at Steven Tyler! In his 70s, still rasping those monkey man highs.

1 minute ago, jacdaniel said:

I don't get people that want a shorter show... I mean you can leave when you like. 

Yeah, the same goes for long movies. Just leave. You don't have to wait for the conclusion/finale of the show, for Paradise City and the confetti or when the bad guy is killed. Just leave when you are satisfied.

• Like 2

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, the same goes for long movies. Just leave. You don't have to wait for the conclusion/finale of the show, for Paradise City and the confetti or when the bad guy is killed. Just leave when you are satisfied.

There's no confetti anymore :P

Glad to see that the reviews aren't so bad.

IMO, songs to remove from the setlist (about Axl voice) :

- Slither ;

- Better ;

- Estranged ;

- Live and Let Die ;

- Street of Dreams ;

- Coma ;

- Prostitute ;

- This I Love

The show would last less. So what ? All this songs aren't generally played the same evening.

The general impression would be far away better IMO. 

19 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I don't get people that want a shorter show... I mean you can leave when you like. 

The main goal of a band should be keeping the audience engaged. With three hour shows that can be difficult, if the energy goes up and down and up and down and up and down. I think a good show always has some kind of dramatic arc or balanced rhythm.

You can have too much of a good thing. Though, obviously, it differs from person to person. When I saw them in 2017, I think three hours was kind of pushing it. But each to their own :headbang::shades:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Corben01 said:

- Slither ;

- Better ;

- Estranged ;

- Live and Let Die ;

- Street of Dreams ;

- Coma ;

- Prostitute ;

- This I Love

The show would last less. So what ? All this songs aren't generally played the same evening.

Yeah, especially now when they have started to rotate songs more they could cut out those songs were they simply cannot give a great performance anymore (Axl, I'm looking at you) and make some other songs optional (which they rotate around). It would give the shows more of a punch, cut away the fat, and make each show more different (which pleases those that attend more than one show per tour).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

The sets have been good, but these festival gigs do not excite me as fan paying attention from afar. They're just clearly not gonna debut new tunes at a fest.

I imagine the chances are as good as some other random show during a tour, if they didn't debut in at the first show of the tour.

Edited by Spiritual_Chaos

7 hours ago, Ratam said:

You're of Spain? Then i recommend read the horrible review about Axl in the site MARISKAL ROCK. Is about the Graspop show.

Yes I am from Spain, I have read It, well when they came to Barcelona in 2018 and last year to Sevilla the review was not too kind also so I did not expect anything from them

• Like 1

Just smarter than me up after last night's show. Didn't have high expectations, but must say I we had a really good time. Axl wasn't as bad as I feared. In most of the show, he was really good and was in a good mood. A lot of Mickey, but I would say a strong Mickey... very good and strong in about half the songs. The band an the sound was great. We were in the front with very good view, made the show mor exiting,  especially for my wife who had never seen them before. As some say, the length of the show took away some momentum. To many Slash solos...

Edited by Mixter
Autocorrect
  • Like 4

On 6/20/2023 at 2:06 AM, Georgina Arriaga said:

Lovely picture. 

We considered eating there when we went up for the Tori Amos concert at the Oslo concert hall. 

But we went to... eh... a place called "Nordvegan" I think instead. maybe we missed Tori eating a burger.

Edited by Spiritual_Chaos

4 hours ago, RocketTess said:

Me and my family travelled from south of Sweden for this show. We waited patiantly in the pouring rain all day. Luckily it clearad up before the show. Last time we saw them live was at Sweden Rock last year. Must say this show was so much better, they have great energy, smiling and joking. Axl sounds better too. It is a very long show for the casual fan, but I personally love it. I’m s bit sad they didn’t play Patience and Don’t Cry, could have skipped Better and Witchita. We got our hands on two picks from Slash, great end to a great show!

i was thinking about it yesterday. it's a festival, why bother playing better and wichita lineman and skiping your own biggest hits?

So I've been following a bit of recent tours but not as closely as many of you (until now again)  so watching some of the clips...Axl seems to be bringing quite a few of the old moves back that he seemed to have moved to the gutter...

Like the high kick in Easy in this clip from last night....his sway, etc. Many of these had been long gone, right? Is this due to the reduced weight, more energy to move? He seems happier and in decent spirits, talking more, more at ease to speak and joke....so perhaps he's just more into it? What's the theory on the improved stage presence and performance? 

He's a funny one, that unlike some, when something is gone, it's likely to return at some point...even the voice (hoping! By past example) ...remember when "hey hey hey" just randomly came back to Heavens Door in 2009! 🙂

Do you think getting the headline slot at Glasto.has perhaps given him a boast to the ego too?  He knows that's a big deal...thoughts?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Corben01 said:

- Slither ;

- Better ;

- Estranged ;

- Live and Let Die ;

- Street of Dreams ;

- Coma ;

- Prostitute ;

- This I Love

As much as I love the song you have to add Rocket Queen in there too, he just cannot sing the majority of the song... And it's a popular so g but it's not SCOM or NV, so it could be dropped at least partially 

1 hour ago, FabioRoses said:

i was thinking about it yesterday. it's a festival, why bother playing better and wichita lineman and skiping your own biggest hits?

Especially since Better sounds really bad and I’m pretty sure that both Patience and Don’t cry would sound better 😜

55 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

As much as I love the song you have to add Rocket Queen in there too, he just cannot sing the majority of the song... And it's a popular so g but it's not SCOM or NV, so it could be dropped at least partially 

Agree with you but you can't touch SCOM and NV...