06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

14 minutes ago, Champy said:

Lana del Ray has sold out Hyde park I hope she doesn't have a bigger crowd at her stage ...I'm nervously excited for GNR tonight

Is GnR Hyde park nearly sold out or what 

Impossible to know. Tickets still available in all sections, but other than that, it's a total guess as to what it's sold. 

Carrie has a gig in Vegas tonight so 100% won't be there.

I'd say Glastonbury is more like Coachella was for them. Far bigger deal than download/Slane for sure. I'd say there is a good chance of a guest somewhere in the set, though I'm not sure it'll be of the Elton/Paul calibre of performer.

Edited by koldweather

Just now, koldweather said:

Carrie has a gig in Vegas tonight so 100% won't be there.

I'd say Glastonbury is more like Coachella was for them. I'd say there is a good chance of a guest somewhere in the set, though I'm not sure it'll be of the Elton/Paul calibre of performer.

Rick Astley baring his backside during Pretty Tied Up? That sort of calibre? 

• ABSUЯD 1

6 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It certainly is important to them. But they really don't put in any extra effort for the big show over any other. Like Download/Slane/RIR all of which were just another show and the performance level was no better or worse than any other show. It would be great if they went on tonight with the attitude of killing every other band though. A little bit of a competitive edge isn't a bad thing.

As for guests, maybe they'll bring out Lars for Out ta get me? He usually goes to Glastonbury and think he's been hanging around Europe since the Metallica 1st leg wrapped up. Unlikely but who knows. Or maybe Paul McCartney for love and let die (how has it not happened already?) as he is at the festival.

Is that the club remix that Macca Is insisting they play for this hippy Fest? 🤞

Just now, Guns N Roses 4 Lyf said:

😂😂 I'm nervous but I know axl will give it everything, it's 6 years too late from a vocal standpoint but I still back the boys and Melissa to do a stellar job 

I feel they will do a great job tonight (Axl especially) but i definitely agree 6/7 years ago would have been a much better vocal performance. 
It’s more the crowd (non fans) and critics that I feel will be totally unfair and nitpick little things. Hope I’m wrong though and they really surprise everyone. 

Just now, D4NNY said:

I feel they will do a great job tonight (Axl especially) but i definitely agree 6/7 years ago would have been a much better vocal performance. 
It’s more the crowd (non fans) and critics that I feel will be totally unfair and nitpick little things. Hope I’m wrong though and they really surprise everyone. 

Certainly think Slash and the band will be on top form giving perhaps the best backing performance. Just need the ginger to get with the program...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guns N Roses 4 Lyf said:

😂😂 I'm nervous but I know axl will give it everything, it's 6 years too late from a vocal standpoint but I still back the boys and Melissa to do a stellar job 

Hope Melissas vocals are high in the mix tonight....also band vocals on the choruses...they can give Axl a strong background bed + also turn Slash up! All little things that can help a tad.

3 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Spot on, artic monkeys got slated so I'm worried but LETS FUCKING GOOOO I'm so pumped honestly 

6 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

This thread already has 21 pages, 6 hours before the shows starts. That already shows the magnitude of this show 

What's the record for pages before a note even been played?

Depending on what it ends up being...could be one the highest show page counts?

2 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

how can you watch the iplayer without a license?

From the US?

First post gives all details needed. This is gonna be the most popular question for the next 10 hrs!!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Guns N Roses 4 Lyf said:

Spot on, artic monkeys got slated so I'm worried but LETS FUCKING GOOOO I'm so pumped honestly 

Yeah I heard about that earlier, really surprised me that they got bad reviews when the whole time leading up to this AM were pretty much praised as a headliner. So it makes you think what is in store for Guns after tonight!