Guns N'Roses songs you haven't listened to in a LONG time? 🤔

1 hour ago, axl666 said:

They're all a bit different in terms of why I don't like them. I guess I don't like songs that I don't think have good dynamics ( what you hear at the start is what you hear at the end); too mysogynistic; too self-pitying; or where the production hurts my ears (chorus of shacklers and prostitute).

Some songs like back off bitch and oiam I can get something out of musically, mainly because of slashs playing, but I struggle with a lot lyrically and have largely phased them out.

However what I like about gnr I really, really like and still listen to them more than any other band.

Well. Fair enough

Shotgun Blues  

One in a Million  

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Skamos66 said:

I don't think i've ever listened to SCOM by choice unless it is on the radio or a live version

I'm surprised by how many Fans on here don't like SCOM. 🤔🧐 SCOM is a staple of Guns N'Roses, and holds a special place in my heart 🥰(SCOM is the first Guns N'Roses song, I EVER heard, 🥰) MAYBE only Welcome To The Jungle surpasses it. 

4 hours ago, Karice said:

I'm surprised by how many Fans on here don't like SCOM. 🤔🧐 SCOM is a staple of Guns N'Roses, and holds a special place in my heart 🥰(SCOM is the first Guns N'Roses song, I EVER heard, 🥰) MAYBE only Welcome To The Jungle surpasses it. 

It's an amazing song, but it has been milked so bad along with the other Appetite hits, makes me think there are fans who haven't even bothered to listen to anything other than that one album by Guns.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 1:36 PM, Karice said:

I haven't listened to Paradise City in a LONG time, like MONTHS. Interesting as I called Paradise City one of my favorite Guns N'Roses songs of all time and I haven't felt the want to listen to it in a long time. Irony at its finest. I did mention on another Guns N'Roses Fan Website something like,"Paradise City was the song that introduced me to how aggressive Axl's vocals really are. My first Guns N'Roses song was Sweet Child Of Mine, and Axl doesn't sing aggressive in Sweet Child Of Mine, so when I heard Paradise City, I was blown away by how aggressive Axl's vocals are in Paradise City and I loved it  😁🤘I listened to more Guns N'Roses songs, and Axl sings very aggressive on a LOT of songs, that's just his trademark, so Paradise City didn't seem all that special to me anymore aggressive wise . I actually prefer Perfect Crime more than Paradise City now as I think Perfect Crime is the superior song to Paradise City.

So yeah, I'm just not that interested in Paradise City anymore. On a funny side note, on a non Guns N'Roses related Website, in the off topic section, I started a poll saying something like,"Favorite Guns N'Roses songs?" When I was still heavily obsessed with Paradise City. The Poll ended up having a loophole where the same person could vote for the same option multiple times. I voted for Paradise City over 200 times. 🤣 I had the audacity to boast that Paradise City was the most loved Guns N'Roses song according to the poll! 🤣 A Poster was like," I  can't believe Paradise City got over 200 votes! 😒 The lyrics are so juvenile,"Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!" 😒 I mean really, juvenile lyrics like that for it voted for over 200 times? 😒 Really? 😒" I, Karice responded something like,"And shananana knees, knees, feel my serpentine," lyrics are BETTER lyrics? 😒 The Poster responded something like,"Not really, but I'm not really a fan of Welcome To The Jungle," either."

I, Karice, admitted I stuffed the Ballot over 200 times for Paradise City and Posters were like,"I knew something was off when Paradise City got over 200 votes! 🤔 The actual votes for Paradise City were like 5 votes! 🤣😉

SCOM is dead for me. PC is too burned too and i wasn't listening it but since the release of the live songs from de UYI reissue i listen to it all the time !

34 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

I haven’t listened to CD in over 5 years, the novelty wore off and I realised what a copy/paste mess that album was

Chinese Democracy is a good album,  Axl sounds like the mature grown man he is rather than the angsty, rebellious, impulsive, reckless, wild person he was at 25 when he released Appetite For Destruction. What pissed people off about it is because it took 14 years to make and Axl used the Guns N'Roses name instead of releasing it under Axl Rose. 14 years is a REALLY long time to wait for another Album and the last "Real," album was released in 1991, 16 years prior!

The Spaghetti Incident was all cover songs, a VERY risky thing to do for a Band that only had been around for 8 years and had only been in the spotlight for 6. An all cover album should be when a Band is past their prime and don't really care anymore, NOT a Band who was still in their prime. Use Your Illusions Part 1 and 2 was the last "Real," Albums 16 years before Chinese Democracy. Had Chinese Democracy come out in say 1998 under the name Axl Rose, it would have been a HUGE hit album in my theory. 🤔😀

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

*Nightrain is one word and it's an excellent track

Nighttrain is an excellent track. 😀I  mentioned that I still enjoy it as much as I always did. 😀 It's Out Ta Get Me that I didn't enjoy nearly as much when I listened again today. 🤐

4 hours ago, Karice said:

The Spaghetti Incident was all cover songs, a VERY risky thing to do for a Band that only had been around for 8 years and had only been in the spotlight for 6. An all cover album should be when a Band is past their prime and don't really care anymore, NOT a Band who was still in their prime. Use Your Illusions Part 1 and 2 was the last "Real," Albums 16 years before Chinese Democracy. Had Chinese Democracy come out in say 1998 under the name Axl Rose, it would have been a HUGE hit album in my theory. 🤔😀

Damn. Too bad they didn't consult you before releasing spaghetti. Could've avoided all this.

2 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Damn. Too bad they didn't consult you before releasing spaghetti. Could've avoided all this.

You might be sarcastic, but releasing an album of cover songs when you're in your prime is a bad idea, especially right after the Opus albums  that are Use Your Illusions Albums. The Spaghetti Incident should have been released in say 2013 and not 1993. I feel that a brand new album full of original Guns N'Roses songs in 1993 would have been way  better than a cover album. Even a Greatest Hits album with a couple of new songs would have been better than an all covers album, although a Greatest Hits album when they were still in their prime could have been risky too. 🤔 Greatest Hits Albums are generally also done when the band is past their prime and don't care anymore. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Used to Love Her

I haven't listened to ANY songs from GNR Lies Album in a LONG time. GNR Lies Album doesn't really sit well with me and I only REALLY enjoy about one song from GNR Lies Album, Reckless Life. I enjoy The Spaghetti Incident Album way more than GNR Lies Album. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 3:47 PM, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

I'm shocked people still listen to gnr daily after 20+ years and shit lol I had a phase from 14-19 when I listened to gnr daily but now I'd only listen to them when I'm drunk 

This is pretty much my fandom at this point.

Massive burnout in my youth. Not just the albums but all those bootlegs back in the day.

Until the Ritz release I don't even know how many years I went without hearing those songs. Same with AFD. I know I went about 10 years or so without hearing anything from it in the 2000s.

Listened to TSI a bit in the lead up to the reunion. That album needs a reassessment. It sounds huge and the production is top notch. I wish they would've released a remix this year.

Don't listen to Chinese Democracy and I doubt I listen anytime soon. 

I do listen to some of the Village Leaks on a semi-regular basis and any new singles stay in rotation for awhile.

When I watch a handful of YouTube videos during each tour, I only check out CD and of course Hard School, Absurd, and now Perhaps.

Out of all my favorite bands, GNR is the only one I don't listen to on a regular basis.

In hindsight, the Chinese Democracy drama was more interesting than the material.

Another issue with listening to them as I aged is the fact I don't really relate to it anymore. The drug and sex themes are very shallow and juvenile.

The discography needed more Civil Wars and Catcher In The Ryes and less It's So Easy, Nightrain, and the Slash and Steph whining which wound up dominating his career.

It's mind boggling how he had nothing to say artistically about the 21st century and how much the world has changed.

On 3/13/2023 at 7:20 PM, megaguns1982 said:

I hadn’t heard my world in about 15 years as I deleted it from the playlist. 

I haven't heard that since the 1990s.

If I ever hear it again it would be the one in a million chance they ever release the UYI remix and I listen to the albums in their entirety.

Same with crap like Shotgun Blues, Get In The Ring, and KOHD.