Guns N'Roses songs you haven't listened to in a LONG time? 🤔

17 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

That's weird. It's on YouTube music. Did you search for the end of days soundtrack?

To answer the question I haven't listened to the spaghetti incident in years outside of a couple songs here and there 

Yeah, I've searched for the End of Days soundtrack. The song is not on Sporify. At least not in my country. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Swede1991 said:

CD album, i love this album but I think I overplayed it for  a couple of years. Maybe i give it some time "soon" :D (14 years or more ) 

LMAO! 😀😉😏😂🤭 I see what you did there! 🤭😁😉🤭😏

23 hours ago, mystery said:

I rarely listen to Sweet Child O' Mine. I recognize its a good song and one of their signature songs but its too pop for my taste.

The only times in the last few years I've chose to listen to SCOM was live versions - the 1986 debut performance that leaked, the Ritz/Vegas ones when I listened to the full shows, and the Carrie Underwood performances if those count.

I've said before that I think it's overrated and a bunch of people here tried to tell me I meant 'overplayed' lol. It's both. It's their most famous song, but it's not even one of the best songs on AFD and nowhere near the best in their catalogue...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The only times in the last few years I've chose to listen to SCOM was live versions - the 1986 debut performance that leaked, the Ritz/Vegas ones when I listened to the full shows, and the Carrie Underwood performances if those count.

I've said before that I think it's overrated and a bunch of people here tried to tell me I meant 'overplayed' lol. It's both. It's their most famous song, but it's not even one of the best songs on AFD and nowhere near the best in their catalogue...

Sweet Child Of Mine is actually an anomaly in Appetite For Destruction. It's a sweet , romantic Ballad in an album filled with heavy, pulsating hard Rock songs. IIRC, The Guns and their Rose Brother had doubts about recording SCOM since it's a love song when a large majority of the songs are either sexual(Anything Goes, My Michelle,  It's So Easy, half of Rocket Queen, especially the part where the woman straight up MOANS in it, about drugs(Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, or is a get up and dance song(You're Crazy, Paradise City. The only other purely romantic love song is Think About You, which is just an album song and not a huge hit.

But the Guns and their Rose Brother decided to take the chance and put SCOM on Appetite For Destruction (Which should have honestly been more of a Use Your Illusions so g judging by how mushy and sentimental Axl had gotten by Use Your Illusions (November Rain being a prime example of how mushy and sentimental Axl had gotten in Use Your Illusions Album(s) and SCOM payed off big time, becoming one of their biggest hits ever. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't really listen to GN'R anymore, except for Absurd and Hardskool when they came out a couple of years back. I do listen to GN'R on the radio now and then though, when driving, but sometimes I skip the channel if I hear Paradise City or Sweet Child come on. I had a burst of listening to the locker leaks again a couple of months ago, though, that felt a bit fresh.

There is simply too much music to keep listening to the same songs over and over.

• Like 1

I haven't put them on intentionally for a while. But they tend to show up on shuffle and I usually listen. 

Can't remember the last time I heard Don't cry (alt).

I still enjoy the records as much as I used to, but I'm not listening to them 24/7 anymore

• Wow 1

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I haven't put them on intentionally for a while. But they tend to show up on shuffle and I usually listen. 

Can't remember the last time I heard Don't cry (alt).

I still enjoy the records as much as I used to, but I'm not listening to them 24/7 anymore

I guess it's the "They were exciting when I was a a carefree, 14 year old Rebellious, angsty, Teenager, but as an Adult in my 30's with Kids and two jobs and responsibilities, they don't sound all that exciting anymore thing. A Casual Fan of GNR said something like this, enjoying Guns N'Roses a lot as a carefree 14 year old Rebellious, angsty Teenager, but in his 30's not finding them all that exciting anymore. Axl himself said that Appetite For Destruction was supposed to be geared to the Rebellious, angsty Teenagers and very young Adults. So, he definitely wasn't gearing it to 30 something year old Adults. 😏

2 hours ago, Karice said:

I guess it's the "They were exciting when I was a a carefree, 14 year old Rebellious, angsty, Teenager, but as an Adult in my 30's with Kids and two jobs and responsibilities, they don't sound all that exciting anymore thing. A Casual Fan of GNR said something like this, enjoying Guns N'Roses a lot as a carefree 14 year old Rebellious, angsty Teenager, but in his 30's not finding them all that exciting anymore. Axl himself said that Appetite For Destruction was supposed to be geared to the Rebellious, angsty Teenagers and very young Adults. So, he definitely wasn't gearing it to 30 something year old Adults. 😏

I don't know, I think I'd be still excited by GNR if they were releasing new albums... I mean there's very little music to work with as a fan, you're bound to get a little tired. I also still pump up GNR songs and play along just like I did when I was a kid/teenager (now in my 30s), but I was never the rebellious angsty teenager type. like I said, I get the same enjoyment from those songs now as I did then.

I needed to do an hour of cardio yesterday at the gym and I threw on Appetite - 58mins and 565 calories later I was a happy gal. I can’t remember the last time I put it on intentionally though, prob at the start of the pandemic for a bit of comforting nostalgia.. perfect hour of cardio though. I was so adrenalined up!

I’m general I rarely listen to gnr tracks, I’ll throw an album on to get the fix if I need one! AFD, Lies and UYIs are perfect for me and I dig TSI as it introduced me to a different genre, but truthfully I just couldn’t get into CD. If I listen to a stand alone gnr track, it would be off this. Most likely Sorry..

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 7:11 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

This scene from Step Brothers highlights how sappy SCOM is where you'd think it was from a pop artist if you were unaware of Guns N' Roses. Patience has the same vibe which is why I rarely listen to that one as well: