Slash played Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute @ CMT Awards

Had no idea Slash was going to be there. I was aware of this show last night because Chris & Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes played a song with Darius Rucker.

Really wish The Robinson bros. would've got in on this for renditions of Call Me The Breeze & Freebird. 

For being so closely related in prime years, musical stylings, awards show appearances, etc, etc... The Black Crowes & GNR never seem to cross paths much. They almost traded guitarists at one point in 1991 & Slash played a song with them in 90 maybe? That's all I can think of.

10 hours ago, Cosmo said:

Lynyrd Skynyrd is one of those bands I could never get into, even if I tried. Some of their songs are impossible not to appreciate, though. 

It took me a while to get into their music deeper than the FM Radio tunes that get played often and that is mostly because of their fanbase and that I can go without hearing Sweet Home Alabama for the rest of my life lol

"That Smell" is a jam, it doesn't get as much radioplay at least here, but it is another hit from them I think is pretty catchy

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Slash also played with Dorothy the other night in LA.  Dorothy rocks.  

My friend is Dorothy's guitarist, he was pretty pumped to share the stage with Slash.

As far as the CMT thing goes, kind of wished they had given Slash a longer solo spot. Seemed kind of a waste to have 3 legendary guitarists up there otherwise.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Who are you talking about?

Dj Ashba playin at the CMT Awards

6 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

????

The band played great 

I've never said a word about the band

6 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I think you may have a hearing issue.

I think you may have... But I'm not a doctor. Probably neither do you