Slash and The Conspirators 2024 tour

On 10/30/2023 at 7:45 AM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

i think 70€ for a conspirators show is pretty outrageous.

I couldn't BELIEVE his show at the Beacon was like $125 in New York. I get it, its NY, its a premium, he's back in GNR so it costs more. But fuck, I used to see Slash for $50 AFTER fees. And the setlists were SO much better. Guns, VR and Snakepit material, in addition to quality solo music. Now all of that is gone and the new solo music is quite bland. And what he plays from his other solo albums are basically just the hits, which were never my most favorite.

Still love the guy and that band, which I think is seriously underrated, but rising prices and poorer sets can't bring me back to seeing him again. I've just seen too many far superior shows before he rejoined Guns that it can't compare.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I couldn't BELIEVE his show at the Beacon was like $125 in New York. I get it, its NY, its a premium, he's back in GNR so it costs more. But fuck, I used to see Slash for $50 AFTER fees. And the setlists were SO much better. Guns, VR and Snakepit material, in addition to quality solo music. Now all of that is gone and the new solo music is quite bland. And what he plays from his other solo albums are basically just the hits, which were never my most favorite.

Still love the guy and that band, which I think is seriously underrated, but rising prices and poorer sets can't bring me back to seeing him again. I've just seen too many far superior shows before he rejoined Guns that it can't compare.

I last saw Slash solo in 2015 and paid 15 before fees :drool:

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 9:43 PM, gunsfanoldie said:

Damn. Youre right, I checked their recent setlist, no GNR/VR songs anymore. I do enjoy some of this band’s songs but not all. If they play all Apocalyptic Love songs, I would be more enticed. But last 2 albums were meh. Or maybe I should give them another try.

10 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

I was at Dusseldorf last July. Cool chill city!

anyway, here in philippines, $145 for VIP. $125 for normal standing. Kinda steep for a Slash/Myles/C.

Yeah, I know the City very well. It's like 30km from were I live :P. I haven't been to the venue yet, so don't know about the sound.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Damn. Youre right, I checked their recent setlist, no GNR/VR songs anymore. I do enjoy some of this band’s songs but not all. If they play all Apocalyptic Love songs, I would be more enticed. But last 2 albums were meh. Or maybe I should give them another try.

I can just recommend to watch the House Of Blues show in Boston from last year's tour. 

I really hope they play the same setlist, which imo is killer. I was excited to see Slash play GNR songs but since we have excessively lived the reunion now I'm all for a setlist without GNR tunes. The Boston show is up on YouTube in two parts. Watch at least the second half if you have any doubts.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 4:13 PM, Free Bird said:

I can just recommend to watch the House Of Blues show in Boston from last year's tour. 

I really hope they play the same setlist, which imo is killer. I was excited to see Slash play GNR songs but since we have excessively lived the reunion now I'm all for a setlist without GNR tunes. The Boston show is up on YouTube in two parts. Watch at least the second half if you have any doubts.

Just watched. Good show tbh. But even if they have no plans to play GNR songs, at least play Paradise City as a closing. It is a perfect closer plus it is Slash’s song too!

Bad Rain should be a staple too!

12 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Just watched. Good show tbh. But even if they have no plans to play GNR songs, at least play Paradise City as a closing. It is a perfect closer plus it is Slash’s song too!

Bad Rain should be a staple too!

Shots Fired is a track I appreciate a lot when it's being played live. A song that I didn't pay much attention on the studio record.

Bad Rain is musically good but I can't stand the vocals tbh. Was it played in Boston? I can't remember having heard that one in a while.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...