Katarina's Benzova absence

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Although I tend to go with the "innocent until proven", in cases like this, with so much detail, I find it hard to believe there isn't a burning fire underneath the pillars of smoke. And regardless, the band can't have these accusations over them even if settled outside of court or dismissed, Fernando needs to go regardless. I am like Cesar on this, "Caesar's wife must be above suspicion". Fernando must go.

Luckily for the band, they are on hiatus.  They can clean house before the next tour and get a new management team in place. 

• Like 2

Just now, SAU3R said:

Fucking Jesus that’s awful! I hope she sues the living fuck out of him 

Well, she is trying to. This suit is intended to crush all hope from their side and give Kat a great hand when negotiating settlement terms. We will have to wait and see how the plaintiffs respond. They might deny all accusations and then it comes down to what actual evidence Kat has. Still, even in a "he said, she said" situation, Fernando can't live this down as a manager of GN'R. Not in this day and age. Fernando has to go. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

If competent lawyers have been involved in drafting them then the answer is yes. 

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

TB will likely still exist.  But it will depend on the terms.  And usually NDAs make provisions for these types of situations. 

Thanks. I ask because we all know of a few people over the years who have signed them. I would imagine if they were not there some very interesting stuff could come out. I would expect they do use top lawyers to be fair so I'm sure the NDA's are robust

2 minutes ago, chester said:

I’d be surprised if Axl fires a family member, maybe Beta or Vanessa steps up and replaces him as manager in title while Fernando lingers in the background…. 

Yes, they're not going away as his surrogate family and entourage, probably not even Fernando. But he can't continue being the manager, for sure.

• Like 1

Just now, JAxlMorrison said:

Yeah I don’t know this one either. Who’s this dude and what’s his role and why is he disliked?

He's a creep who is/was responsible of getting attractive women to backstage partys, he's also affiliated with Leo DiCaprio as some kind of pimp. (https://pagesix.com/2017/01/08/leos-wingman-is-the-real-king-of-the-p-y-posse/).

He can be seen on stage next to Fernando/TB on shows.

• Like 2

Just now, Rindmelon said:

Thanks. I ask because we all know of a few people over the years who have signed them. I would imagine if they were not there some very interesting stuff could come out. I would expect they do use top lawyers to be fair so I'm sure the NDA's are robust

Yeah, I would think they would have provisions for such situations. Besides, Guns N' Roses would also be a party to these NDAs, so Kat (and others) would still be obliged to keep mum. 

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

He's a creep who is/was responsible of getting attractive women to backstage partys, he's also affiliated with Leo DiCaprio as some kind of pimp. (https://pagesix.com/2017/01/08/leos-wingman-is-the-real-king-of-the-p-y-posse/).

He can be seen on stage next to Fernando/TB on shows.

Oh yeah? Wow that takes a lot of skill lol. Asking ladies to come meet celebrities and drink for free? Must be incredibly complex!

• Haha 1

Just now, JAxlMorrison said:

Yeah I don’t know this one either. Who’s this dude and what’s his role and why is he disliked?

Here we go again 🤣

a few convos have been had about him.

he is basically a rich guy with connections in the modeling industry that gets young, pretty girls to do… young pretty girl things for rich and powerful men. He’s part of the TB camp.

https://www.thecut.com/2017/01/promoter-andrei-gillott-real-king-of-pussy-posse.html

https://nymag.com/tags/the-pussy-posse/

Lots more discussion in the Women’s Forum…

• Like 1

The Trevor Bauer situation reminded me to wait for more details before lighting my lynching torch. It's an ugly situation, and if the accusations are true, I hope justice is swiftly served. The reported behavior is disscusting.

Edited by prairieboy

19 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Unfortunately this is a wide spread issue in the music business 

Hollywood would like a word.

But yeah, you could make this statement for almost every other business. I've seen it in sports, education, entertainment... Our male ape brain seems to struggle putting back our crotch in its right place.

Edited by Nizaraul7
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

I suppose that actions that are subject to civil suits or criminal charges are not protected by NDA's.

So sickening… I only knew he was an incompetent amateur, but now I understand he is less than a scumbag.

Sincerely hope Axl will make a reasonable decision to remove him as a manager and won’t take his side. It would be a shame for the band if nothing happened after all of her suffering and efforts to kick him out.

• Like 1

There’s a lot to unpack here. Very gross and shocking and so so gross. If Axl backs Fernando and refuses to remove him and this goes mainstream, he could himself end up cancelled. The media will bring up OIAM, Stephanie Seymour, Erin…stuff that he’s been lucky to avoid come up post #MeToo. Slash isn’t going to want to be involved with that as I’m sure he has skeletons in the past too. This could mean the end of the band if Axl doesn’t do the right thing and fire Fernando. 

feel bad Kat had to deal with it and I hope Axl didn’t protect him while it was going on. He had to be aware of at least some of it. This went on it says like 6 years. Jesus.

Edited by AxlRQ93
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

The contractual stuff seems rather cut and dry.  Either you have a contract or you don't.  Seems like Kat is getting ahead of the argument that she was "just an employee" and as such subjected to the terms Guns lays out for their employees.  

The sexual harassment stuff is where they're probably going to want to settle asap.  Even if her accusations are difficult to prove, all sorts of stuff will come out in discovery. 

And it likely won't be limited to just Fernando.  Do Axl, Slash, and Duff really want a lot of their dirty laundry aired?  Probably not. 

To be honest I'm surprised it got this far.  One wonders whether the principal players knew this was coming and whether Fernando overplayed his hand.  From a business perspective, they would have been better to have paid Kat off before any legal action was filed.  

They for sure would not want things to come out in discovery. Surely they have to chop off a hand to save the arm & just get rid of Fernando at least. Settle and then move forward with either Beta or completely different management.