"Mysterious" Axl recording session in London (for Michael Schenker's new album?)

Just now, Voodoochild said:

Like I said before, we don't know if that was just because Axl needed a studio and Slash pointed him to Metropolis after his own experience with Voss. 

Voss resides in Germany, though, and flew to London specifically for the Axl session.

And if Axl just wanted to record an overdub for a GN'R song, it's a bit odd that he wouldn't be able to find an engineer from London. And even more odd that he would do the overdub session in London and not in L.A. a couple days later.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Like I said before, we don't know if that was just because Axl needed a studio and Slash pointed him to Metropolis after his own experience with Voss. 

I was wondering why Voss, why the urgency? It totally makes sense that he recorded for Schenker and the first Axl release in 15 years will be with someone else. :facepalm: Forget him recording in London for GNR.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

No I don't think so, as the people in the studio in Oslo indicated they've been working on stuff that sounded like appetite.

One thing that makes me doubt a little bit about that Schenker thing Is why Schenker was not present? 

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

Michael Schenker is a legend among musicians, it's not totally unrealistic he would be one of those people able to get Axl and Slash on the same track.

8 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

One thing that makes me doubt a little bit about tha Schenker thing Is why Schenker was not present? 

There's no reason for him to be present for recording vocals

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

@Blackstar you can change the album title as it says in that newspaper article posted in the other thread that this is for Michael Schenkers new album and not GNR related

You mean the thread title? If so, I think it's pretty clear as is and the content in the OP makes it even clearer. I just think that the question mark in the title is necessary, because even though the newspaper article confirms that the Slash section was for Michael Schenker's album, there's no such confirmation (yet) about the Axl session.

20 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Michael Schenker is a legend among musicians, it's not totally unrealistic he would be one of those people able to get Axl and Slash on the same track.

There's no reason for him to be present for recording vocals

True but you'd think he might like to be considering it'd be a huge coup for him. I'd want to be there to experience it myself.. 

9 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

You mean the thread title? If so, I think it's pretty clear as is and the content in the OP makes it even clearer. I just think that the question mark in the title is necessary, because even though the newspaper article confirms that the Slash section was for Michael Schenker's album, there's no such confirmation (yet) about the Axl session.

Well no but are you implying there is a good chance that Slash records with the producer for Michael Schenkers new album and then a bit later Axl records with the producer for Michael Schenkers new album, and have Axls session be for GNR music?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Well no but are you implying there is a good chance that Slash records with the producer for Michael Schenkers new album and then a bit later Axl records with the producer for Michael Schenkers new album, and have Axls session be for GNR music?

But where did I imply that? On the contrary, the title of the thread suggests that it's probably for the Michael Schenker album. But there's no official confirmation yet, so it's still probability and not certainty, hence the question mark.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Voss resides in Germany, though, and flew to London specifically for the Axl session.

And if Axl just wanted to record an overdub for a GN'R song, it's a bit odd that he wouldn't be able to find an engineer from London. And even more odd that he would do the overdub session in London and not in L.A. a couple days later.

But he could also record this track for Schenker in LA. And he could also have recorded anything with Voss in Germany before. Maybe Axl needed in London because thats where/when his "muse" appeared. Also, wasn't Axl in France?

I'm not saying this is for a GNR song for sure, I'm just pointing that it's still a possibility, albeit unlikely for the time being.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

I was wondering why Voss, why the urgency? It totally makes sense that he recorded for Schenker and the first Axl release in 15 years will be with someone else. :facepalm: Forget him recording in London for GNR.

It's not unheard (pun intended) for Axl. He did the same thing with Sebastian Bach.

• Like 3

Just now, Voodoochild said:

But he could also record this track for Schenker in LA. And he could also have recorded anything with Voss in Germany before. Maybe Axl needed in London because thats where/when his "muse" appeared. Also, wasn't Axl in France?

I'm not saying this is for a GNR song for sure, I'm just pointing that it's still a possibility, albeit unlikely for the time being.

It's not unheard (pun intended) for Axl. He did the same thing with Sebastian Bach.

The muse kisses him and he has to fly to London and fly in an engineer from Germany, because there are none in London? Stop grasping at straws. It's clear as day 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

Schenker doesn't quite think like that. To him, he is the big coup.

yeah. I once watched a clip of Micheal Schenker on youtube entering a guitar store. The  store owner was super excited to have him there cause he had one of Jimi Hendrix's guitars, the real thing. Problem was that Micheal Schenker was still in the middle of talking about Micheal Schenker. He couldn't give 2 shits about that guitar. I thought it was hilarious.

he's a fantastic guitar player though. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

When you say you need "confirmation" for what Axls session with Michael Schenkers producer was for. What else would you imply with that statement?

Yes, I meant *official* confirmation, something similar to the newspaper article about the Slash session. What's so strange about that?

That's how I I have and would treat any information.

Edited by Blackstar