"Mysterious" Axl recording session in London (for Michael Schenker's new album?)

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, I meant *official* confirmation, something similar to the newspaper article about the Slash section. What's so strange about that?

I mean, I can only repeat what I said in my first post you replied to, how big is the chance that Slash records with the producer for Michael Schenkers new album, and then a bit later, we have Axl recording with the producer for Michael Schenkers new album, and have those Axl sessions be for GNR music and not Michael Schenkers new album..? Is that really something anyone would question or find mysterious? Because anyone who still questions what Axls sessions were for given these circumstances with Slash, probably also believes the earth is flat. And you are bowing to those 1% of people by still keeping any sort of "mystery" in this thread title lol. Just my opinion

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Voss resides in Germany, though, and flew to London specifically for the Axl session.

And if Axl just wanted to record an overdub for a GN'R song, it's a bit odd that he wouldn't be able to find an engineer from London. And even more odd that he would do the overdub session in London and not in L.A. a couple days later.

Axl is odd though so logic doesn’t ever really apply. 

18 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I mean, I can only repeat what I said in my first post you replied to, how big is the chance that Slash records with the producer for Michael Schenkers new album, and then a bit later, we have Axl recording with the producer for Michael Schenkers new album, and have those Axl sessions be for GNR music and not Michael Schenkers new album..? Is that really something anyone would question? Because anyone who still questions what Axls sessions were for given these circumstances with Slash, probably also believes the earth is flat. And you are bowing to those 1% of people by still keeping any sort of "mystery" in this thread title lol. Just my opinion

Yes, the chance of it being something other than the Schenker album is very small. However, it's still not 100% confirmed so I won't take it as fact yet.

With "mysterious" I was just being playful (that's why I used quotation marks). I think the title and the information in the OP just allow people to make their own minds without being misleading (if that's what you mean).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

But he could also record this track for Schenker in LA. And he could also have recorded anything with Voss in Germany before. Maybe Axl needed in London because thats where/when his "muse" appeared. Also, wasn't Axl in France?

I'm not saying this is for a GNR song for sure, I'm just pointing that it's still a possibility, albeit unlikely for the time being.

Oh yeah, I forgot that "the muse" has to be there :lol:

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, the chance of it being something other than the Schenker album is very small. However, it's still not 100% confirmed so I won't take it as fact yet.

With "mysterious" I was just being playful (that's why I used quotation marks). I think the title and the information in the OP help people make their own minds.

I just think it's dumb that hundreds of users who frequent this forum and see a new thread are baited to read about "mysterious" Axl Rose recording sessions when anyone with half a brain who clicks on this thread will then immediately find out what it was for:lol: Just why do we have to pander to absolute morons instead of 99% of people with brain who browse this forum

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I just think it's dumb that hundreds of users who frequent this forum and see a new thread are baited to read about "mysterious" Axl Rose recording sessions when anyone with half a brain who clicks on this thread will then immediately find out what it was for:lol: Just why do we have to pander to absolute morons instead of 99% of people with brain who browse this forum

Well. It's likely but not confirmed why Axl was there, don't think the thread title should be a big deal

Hopefully will be able to shed some more.light on this soon

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

But he could also record this track for Schenker in LA. And he could also have recorded anything with Voss in Germany before. Maybe Axl needed in London because thats where/when his "muse" appeared. Also, wasn't Axl in France?

He could. But Axl is a multi-millionaire legend who doesn't have to give a fuck about anything. When he wants to record, he will record, and tell his people to fly in a guy, even when he could have done it another time. Nothing to read into here IMO, seriously now. He lives in his own timeline

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Fair enough, it's your opinion. I still don't think I need to change the title. People on this forum don't need to be "baited" to click on a thread about an Axl recording session, as Axl being in a recording studio is a rare occasion anyway, whoever/whatever the session is for.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

The muse kisses him and he has to fly to London and fly in an engineer from Germany, because there are none in London? Stop grasping at straws. It's clear as day 

Lol, who's grasping at straws? I didn't see it was for GNR, I was just presenting the possibility and even said it was very unlikely. I believe it could may be for GNR and I don't think this means much as the problem wasn't just recording, but releasing it. 

And we dont know if Axl wasn't in London already, but a 2-hours flight from Germany is really not a big deal, not sure why would this be so eventful either.

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Oh yeah, I forgot that "the muse" has to be there :lol:

Hahaha that was tongue in cheek, but he was indeed inspired in the tour. Maybe he likes Europe more. 

BTW, the title of the thread is just fine in my opinion. If/when is confirmed that Axl was there to record for a guest spot, then it will be updated. Not sure why people overreacted to this.

8 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

He could. But Axl Rose is a multi-millionaire legend who doesn't have to give a fuck about anything. When he wants to record, he will record, and tell people to fly in a guy, even when he could have done it another time. Nothing to read into here IMO, seriously now. He lives in his own timeline

I know. Maybe the guy wanted to actually be there instead of letting some assistant to do it. Who knows. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Fair enough, it's your opinion. I still don't think I need to change the title. People on this forum don't need to be "baited" to click on a thread about an Axl recording session, as Axl being in a recording studio is a rare occasion anyway, whoever/whatever the session is for.

People will click on a thread saying "Axl recording session" no matter what, but it is still misleading IMO to pander to idiots who believe the most random things instead of looking at real life facts such as that Slash recorded with the same producer just a few weeks before for a confirmed Michael Schenker project. 99% of people with a brain have to pander to 1% of morons, since when has that been the way to be? just not right IMO.

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

People will click on a thread saying "Axl recording session" no matter what, but it is still misleading IMO to pander to idiots who believe the most random things instead of looking at real life facts such as that Slash recorded with the same producer just a few weeks before for a confirmed Michael Schenker project. 99% of people with a brain have to pander to 1% of morons, since when has that been the way to be, why does some chance of "mystery" have to be left for those people, just not right IMO.

Again, I respect your opinion, but it baffles me, especially the fact that you make such a big deal out of this. I'll edit the title when there's official confirmation (or something close to that).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1